Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Backer Beta Coming TOMORROW!

Steam is downloading a 709 megabyte update for Broken Age - what is this?

Someone was kind enough to answer already, but I also wanted to link you to the stickies here:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewforum/60/

In case you're having trouble running the game.

Hi Anna, really love the game.

A small question, will the game be translated into other languages? Like Chinese or Japanese?

Awesome to hear it :D! We'd certainly like to support as many languages as possible, but nothing I can comment on so far.

Steam is downloading a 709 megabyte update for Broken Age - what is this?

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/12386/P100/#323384

Controls-related update I guess.

Not only controls. Fixes of every kind that we've been working on over the past week+ that haven't been pushed yet, because we had been focusing on pushing only critical fixes for people with game-breaking bugs. The patch is that large because of art changes, actually.

Awesome to hear it :D! We'd certainly like to support as many languages as possible, but nothing I can comment on so far.

Well, in that case, I volunteer to translate Act1 into Traditional Chinese : )

PM me if the team is ok with it.

The patch is that large because of art changes, actually.

I'm curious, what art changes?

The patch is that large because of art changes, actually.

I'm curious, what art changes?

I think Lee or Ray know more about the art side, but there was a bunch of painting polish that went in (see Shay's Boom space area for an example), some new animations (noticeably for Shay in the Hull and Boom Hatch areas), many cutscenes that were polished, new VFX, and so on. Also, I think new sound effects and/or music. On the coding side, there were scripting fixes for various bugs, some new UI elements, a new control scheme, and other polish.

Basically, we've fixed a lot of issues in the past few weeks that never went live until RC8. Some in response to the feedback from all of you guys. So there were some new assets in the patch, but mostly they are improvements to old assets.

It seems like that last coat of polish on a game makes a really huge difference, even if it was just a couple of weeks' worth of changes. I watched the game in many Let's Plays and saw a bunch of glitches that had already been fixed on our internal build and that felt really good. :D

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, but at what point do the Act 1 documentary videos get added (and if they're already available where can I get them?)

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, but at what point do the Act 1 documentary videos get added (and if they're already available where can I get them?)

http://www.doublefine.com/dfa/

Sorry I meant the downloads rather than the streams. As per the Kickstarter update - "Documentary downloads will arrive around the Act 1 release date".

I don't remember how I backed but it wasn't via kickstarter. Where might I download this marvelous thing?

I played through and finished Act 1 over the course of a few days. Took my time and tried to absorb it properly.

I love it. The story is wonderful, I was constantly intrigued and fascinated - so many question, some red herrings, I was always eager to know what was going to happen next. I love the characters, not just Shay and Vella but the supporting cast are brilliant (particularly was a fan of Marek) and the voice acting combined with mind-blowingly good animation really sold them. It's one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen, like a painting come to life. The dynamic camera movement worked especially well and made me feel like I was playing through an animated film. And, oh my, THAT ENDING!

There are a few issues, I'm afraid. Being a hardcore adventure game fan, as I'm sure many of us here are, I found it very very easy. I think this is the first point-&-click I've ever managed to play all the way through without needing to refer to a hint or walkthrough. I got stumped on a few occasions (Gus hanging in the tree especially) but always managed to figure out the solution before too long. And overall, it's pretty short. I got through it in 4.5 hours total, and I was really trying to take my time.

Overall though, I really can't fault the work and effort put into this fantastic game and I can't thank you guys enough. I've loved P&C games since the late 80s and have tried to keep up with all those niche releases over the years that nobody pays any attention to. This game is a big deal in so many ways.

I've also loved watching the documentary and was amused at the discussion of reviews and Metacritic scores in the latest episode. You see, on top of being a backer, I happen to be reviewing Broken Age myself for a website whose review score will be included on Metacritic. Believe me guys, you don't have much to worry about!

Juste finished act 1.

Initially I was a bit worry about the simple animations and what it seemed a childish story... But yeah after an hour I was totally into the game. It's an easy game but I think it's better this way, it's like a truely interactive animated movie.

Creatively speaking it's been a long time I wasn't that impressed by a game. Everything is different, unique, awesome...

When you play you feel the love you put into every detail.

And I can't thank you enough for these amazing ten hours (according to steam - yes maybe I'm veeeery slow :-)))

"Can you believe it? Broken Age Act 1 is launching TODAY!

Two effing day.

And you’ve helped us make that possible. Not just with your backing, but with the past two weeks where you’ve been playing the game. Thank you all so much for finding bugs and sharing feedback and helping us make Broken Age better. We have some specific notes below on how exactly you made it better. But now we think it’s—fingers crossed—ready for the public. Today! This very moment in fact! Holy smokes."

Yes, i can believe it. You releasing the game for an expensive 23 Euro on Steam and non of your backers getting the game at all. You are the worst criminals in software industry. I hope your customer betraying company goes into bankruptcy as soon as possible.

Yes, i can believe it. You releasing the game for an expensive 23 Euro on Steam and non of your backers getting the game at all. You are the worst criminals in software industry. I hope your customer betraying company goes into bankruptcy as soon as possible.

...wat

Two effing day.

And you’ve helped us make that possible. Not just with your backing, but with the past two weeks where you’ve been playing the game. Thank you all so much for finding bugs and sharing feedback and helping us make Broken Age better. We have some specific notes below on how exactly you made it better. But now we think it’s—fingers crossed—ready for the public. Today! This very moment in fact! Holy smokes."

Are you done whining yet? It's been known for months that the game would be split into two parts, and the backers would receive the first act early. If you had payed attention, which obviously you didn't because you live only to complain and curse.

Two effing day.

Are you done whining yet? It's been known for months that the game would be split into two parts, and the backers would receive the first act early. If you had payed attention, which obviously you didn't because you live only to complain and curse.

The game is released and the backers got nothing! Learn to read.

Do not reply to this obvious troll amd report his posts

Noone needs your blind fanatism here. So read some other threads if you dont like smart customers.

Noone needs your blind fanatism here. So read some other threads if you dont like smart customers.

No, you just a dumb fuck.

I'm somewhat puzzled by your statement, as myself and many other backers (in theory all) already have part 1 on our Steam accounts before the General Public got their hands on it. A far cry from "non".

Do not engage him, he is a troll filled with blind hatred and lacking language skills.

"Noone needs", so you speak on behalf of EVERYONE? Very humble and modest, kind Sir.

Also "fanatism"? Go back to elementary school.

Let him ramble, if it gets him off. There is absolutely no point in trying to reason with him because he cannot process logical arguments.

And just in case there's anybody subscribed to this thread who hasn't yet noticed, DRM free builds are now available from everybody's Humble download pages! Huzzah!

Sign in to follow this