Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Backer Beta Coming TOMORROW!

6 hours probably........

Closer to 7.5. Tim was saying on twitter they're aiming for 10am PST.

I completely understand why someone would prefer GOG etc over Steam, but the lunatic fringe cropping up in this thread is just hilarious. Thanks for the laugh boys!

I completely understand why someone would prefer GOG etc over Steam, but the lunatic fringe cropping up in this thread is just hilarious. Thanks for the laugh boys!
I personally prefer GOG over Steam. But like, the Humble store keeps track of games, and I will have it DRM free eventually. I just care about when I get it in front of my face...

Okay, first point:

@MacCave Backing a kickstarter is in no way equivelant to signing a contract or even purchasing a product. You are donating money and get a promise to get the product, but that isn't legally binding. Secondly, they aren't breaking any promises they made, you WILL get a DRM-free version, just later. So chill out. I should also point out that game delivery via Steam doesn't automatically mean it uses Steamworks CEG, so it might still be DRM-free despite being delivered through Steam. And you cannot call Steam spyware, because it simply is not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware << read that and I'm sure you will agree with me that that means Steam is not in fact spyware.

On a lighter note, I'm super excited for this game! Can't wait to get my Steam code and start downloading.

Wow, the Vella trailer is amazing!

Congrats, guys!!!

(...too bad my ISP will leave me without any Internet connection for a day and a half...)

Trying to sign up with Humble Bundle so I can actually play the beta when it's released. How long does the confirmation email usually take to come through?? Do we actually need to sign up to Humble Bundle to get our steam codes?

Trying to sign up with Humble Bundle so I can actually play the beta when it's released. How long does the confirmation email usually take to come through??

It's supposed to be pretty much instant, but you can sign up when you get the code, they don't make it a hard process.

Trying to sign up with Humble Bundle so I can actually play the beta when it's released. How long does the confirmation email usually take to come through?? Do we actually need to sign up to Humble Bundle to get our steam codes?

You don't have to sign up, you can just grab the key page.

Trying to sign up with Humble Bundle so I can actually play the beta when it's released. How long does the confirmation email usually take to come through??

It's supposed to be pretty much instant, but you can sign up when you get the code, they don't make it a hard process.

Well I have tried twice to get an activation email sent but 20 mins later nothing.

My body is ready. I am wearing the Double Fine Adventure Backer shirt today :D

Anyone else?

Anyone else?

Yep, wearing it under a jumper at work now. Couldn't help myself.

So we don't need a Humble Bundle account??

So we don't need a Humble Bundle account??

Your purchases should be linked to your email address, not a Humble account. You just have the option of creating an account to consolidate all of them. I just checked the app and discovered I had access to a few other Kickstarters I backed just because I use the same email for my Kickstarter as my Humble page.

Im a bit curious about visitor statistics for this forum since yesterday.

All time high?

Anyone else?

Yep, wearing it under a jumper at work now. Couldn't help myself.

Me too. It's a good day to be a brainless schmuck.

This is great! But I'm more psyched about there being at least two documentary episodes. The doc itself is worth every penny. I will propably buy the game(again) just to say thanks.

Well I have tried twice to get an activation email sent but 20 mins later nothing.

If you haven't already, make sure to check your spam folder for the activation email. Otherwise I've heard humble's support is pretty good so you could contact them if you are still having trouble. But I wouldn't be worried about rushing, since the link DF will be sending out should bring you to a page which will have your steam code and any other available downloads based on your backing tier. Having a humble account simply allows you to "claim" that page, making it easier to get back to, rather than needing the original email or having it resent.

Ok, its the 14 and its afternoon here, where is my beta???

:-D

Yeah it's 10:30pm on the 14th here :D

Remember we're going by Steam time here guys, which is always late in the day for Asia/Europe. Plus DF itself is on the West Coast so don't expect anything too quick off the mark today. Maybe you should go have a documentary marathon or something.

Well considering that it's 6:33AM right now here in EST and DoubleFine is based in California; It's about 3:30AM where they are. They probably don't get into the office until around 9AM, so I would say 6 hours minimum left.

So hard to be patient.

This is great! But I'm more psyched about there being at least two documentary episodes. The doc itself is worth every penny. I will propably buy the game(again) just to say thanks.

Yeah I totally agree. The doc has been so good, to me that will be the Double Fine Adventure, and Broken Age will be an awsome bonus.

I'm gonna buy a few copies and gift them to some friends I hope to convert into adventure-game fans :)

Well considering that it's 6:33AM right now here in EST and DoubleFine is based in California; It's about 3:30AM where they are. They probably don't get into the office until around 9AM, so I would say 6 hours minimum left.

So hard to be patient.

I was only half joking, so thanks for taking the time to answer me.. I wonder if humble bundle has some automatic going live feature.. 6 hours is a lot.. and it will be night over here :(

I was only half joking, so thanks for taking the time to answer me.. I wonder if humble bundle has some automatic going live feature.. 6 hours is a lot.. and it will be night over here :(

I was actually surprised they didn't have it go up live at midnight. I pulled an all-nighter expecting it around midnight their time, but I guess not. Disappointing :(

Any word on what how the documentary is going to be released, like whether it will be 1080p etc. I need that thing all over my Plex collection.

Sign in to follow this