Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Backer Beta Coming TOMORROW!

Wow, this is exciting. Not the game (it's still downloading), but the password reset dance I had to go through for my Steam account. Numerous 'prove you're a human' captchas and three confirmation emails (confirm email, password reset code, confirm computer) later I finally got through.

I just hope Broken Age is easier to play than the Steam login game.

If it's inconvietnient for you, imagine how much more inconvenient it is for person trying to steal your account.

Really, ale these hoops to jump through were not created in order to make your life miserable, but to make it more difficult for someone to steal your account credentials.

Quick question for other Slacker Backers...

I paid $30, but my Humble Bundle link says:

Thanks for purchasing Broken Age ($15 Tier)!

Is it the same for other slackers?

I have access to the documentary, so I thought the $30 Slacker Backer tier it was the same as the $30 Kickstarter tier. I guess I don't get the soundtracks? :(

I really wish I could have upped my pledge. I really want a physical box.

what if the email address you originally signed up with all that time ago is no longer valid?

i entered that on the key resender page but didn't get an email to the email address i used to create my humble acct

btw no email received yet

my humble account has an different email adress then my doublefine account, do i have to make a second account to get the game or do u guys become the humble key per email?

ahhhhh there is the mail nice !!! :D

nsa was doublecheck it before sending to germany, explains the delay ;D

Nevermind. Downloading now! Shower time, food time, and the zone out of real life until I'm done time!

So pumped.

But did you get an email?

No I did not. See the edit on my previous post.

Thanks.

But I still don't want to create a humblebundle account so I guess I'll still wait for an email. >_<

It was really simple. All I had to do was set a password to my email on humble bundle and then verify it through email.

I have enough accounts. I'm sick of making accounts. I have an account on Kickstarter. I have an account on Double Fine Action Forums and apparently that's still not enough. Now I apparently "need" (in quotes because in theory not really) another account. This is ridiculous. I have that lovely badge under my name/icon that says I'm a Broken Age backer, which means they know I'm a Broken Age backer, so why can't they just PM me the steam key to my Double Fine account? *shrug*

Okay I need to stop playing now otherwise I will lose the rest of my day. Downloaded without issue, installed without issue, and played through the first couple of Vela scenes without issue. Looks amazing, sounds amazing, great humor too.

Okay my email here matches the one on Humble Bundle, but still nothing. Guess I'll just have to wait out for the email.

same. I'm just out of luck for now I guess -_-

Will you revoke the beta steam keys of backers who are doing crap like this:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/broken-age-review-embargoes/

That's just one idiot who's doing it for publicity and click-baiting. Just ignore the loser. It's not like anyone uses that site on a regular basis so they need to do something to get people clicking. Broken Age is just a scapegoat.

On a lighter note, game is AMAZEBALLS!! (Does anyone say that anymore? Ah, who cares. It explains how I feel)

Got the soundtrack but when does the documentary go up? Skimmed through the updates again and couldn't see info anywhere.

Okay, i'm going to forget about steam drm debate and embargo debate and just wait till I can get home to play rather than stir the pot.

CONGRATS!

You folks on the doublefine team deserve cupcakes or something cause this is so exciting to see the dream of a mainstream adventure game come about!

Cheers!

Slacker Backer who buyed the game with the Humble Double Fine Bundle, don't see Broken Age as a new Humble Bundle Purchase.

DO THE FOLLOWING!

go to Humble Bundle - Home -> Login -> Scroll down to your overview of purchases -> Click on "Humble Double Fine Bundle" -> Click on "Click here for your Steam keys." (under the embedded Video) -> Now your "Broken Age" Steam key should be shown!!!

ENJOY ;)

Just an update for the people in the Steam/DRM debate:

the Email with the Humble Bundle link includes a message which contains the following sentence:

"Please note that the DRM-free builds as well as Act 2 will be made available on your download page upon completion."

The way this is worded keeps the door open for a DRM-free Act 1 before Act 2 is released.

Let's wait and see.

Apart from that: happy gaming to the rest of you. Please don't spoil.

Idon´t get it, i have gotten the e-mail from humblebundle, signed up for a humblebundle accont, clicked on the link in the e-mail sending me to humblebundle and there i clicked on the Steam icon and it says "redeemed to *****" *= my accont name on Steam, when i click there i go to my page on Steam but nothing happends, no code, no downloading nothing....

What to do?

Idon´t get it, i have gotten the e-mail from humblebundle, signed up for a humblebundle accont, clicked on the link in the e-mail sending me to humblebundle and there i clicked on the Steam icon and it says "redeemed to *****" *= my accont name on Steam, when i click there i go to my page on Steam but nothing happends, no code, no downloading nothing....

What to do?

Open steam, find it in your library and click download.

Game crashes whenever I try to start a new game.

Games crashes whenever I try to change resolution.

No other graphical options. No way to try and fix this.

Brilliant.

What to do?

Open steam, find it in your library and click download.

It´s not in my library...

On my Humblebundle it´s says:

All Your Purchases

Visit the page for a given purchase to access Steam keys and other features.

Widget Purchases

Broken Age ($15 Tier)

(I am a slackerbacker)

If you haven't received the email, and were a bought the Humble Double Fine Bundle, go to your Humble Bundle Library.

Then, Scroll to the bottom and click Humble Double Fine Bundle.

Then, Select "Click here for Steam keys"

Then scroll down to the brand spankin' new addition, then press the steam button next to it.

It will reveal your personal key.

Copy that and add it to your Steam Library.

After that, just wait :)

This was the trick for me. I'm a slacker backer. 41min into Shay's story currently :). No e-mail so far.

I got the email for the Humble Bundle site, I claimed it, I redeemed my key in Steam, downloaded the game and I am playing it. I also found the soundtrack on the Humble Bundle site.

The only thing I could not find was the download for the Digital Documentary. Where is it? I would love to watch it.

I have enough accounts. I'm sick of making accounts. I have an account on Kickstarter. I have an account on Double Fine Action Forums and apparently that's still not enough. Now I apparently "need" (in quotes because in theory not really) another account. This is ridiculous. I have that lovely badge under my name/icon that says I'm a Broken Age backer, which means they know I'm a Broken Age backer, so why can't they just PM me the steam key to my Double Fine account? *shrug*

Although to be honest, there is no good reason not to have a Humble Bundle account in the first place. DRM free games, pay what you want, cross-platform and sometimes there are actually really amazing games in a bundle ... no, I can't see how you got this far in life without an account :)

I still haven't gotten the email. I double checked all my spam folders and verified that kickstarter has the right email. Anything else I should do except wait?

I managed to get my key.. downloading now. Sadly thou having free communal internet with the other 20 or so people living in the same building. Someone is hogging the downloads, so it could be a while before I get to test it out. Downloads are ranging from 10-50kb/s.. *sigh*

People who have not gotten the e-mail (like myself) I would recomend that if you signed up or have a humble account then you can go to Claim Past Purchases and it should be there. This will save you time.

Sign in to follow this