Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Backer Beta Coming TOMORROW!

I have enough accounts. I'm sick of making accounts. I have an account on Kickstarter. I have an account on Double Fine Action Forums and apparently that's still not enough. Now I apparently "need" (in quotes because in theory not really) another account. This is ridiculous. I have that lovely badge under my name/icon that says I'm a Broken Age backer, which means they know I'm a Broken Age backer, so why can't they just PM me the steam key to my Double Fine account? *shrug*

Although to be honest, there is no good reason not to have a Humble Bundle account in the first place. DRM free games, pay what you want, cross-platform and sometimes there are actually really amazing games in a bundle ... no, I can't see how you got this far in life without an account :)

Whenever they offer a humble bundle I already own 99% of the games in the bundle so they've been of little use to me so far. Sorry.

If you haven't received the email, and were a bought the Humble Double Fine Bundle, go to your Humble Bundle Library.

Then, Scroll to the bottom and click Humble Double Fine Bundle.

Then, Select "Click here for Steam keys"

Then scroll down to the brand spankin' new addition, then press the steam button next to it.

It will reveal your personal key.

Copy that and add it to your Steam Library.

After that, just wait :)

This was the trick for me. I'm a slacker backer. 41min into Shay's story currently :). No e-mail so far.

How do scroll down??? It is impossible there is nothing to scroll down. Fuck this shit!!

How do scroll down??? It is impossible there is nothing to scroll down. Fuck this shit!!

Have you bought Humble Double Fine Bundle?

Yes i did....i think...i was a slacker backer. Does it have anything to do with the fact that i opened my humble bundle at work on a different computer. When i did this there was Broken Age in my libary. I clicked it but nothing happend....and now it's gone!!!

@minor octupus;

This time, I actually plead not guilty ;)

I wouldn't have raised the issue again, except @Keiya directly asked me. Perhaps I just should've just link the Steam thread, though.

Any chance we could get a Reaction/Spoilers thread to chat about the game? Seems best to call out possible spoilers right in the thread title. :)

Any chance we could get a Reaction/Spoilers thread to chat about the game? Seems best to call out possible spoilers right in the thread title. :)
Why don't you make one?

I didn't. Do I need to in order to play the first half?

I bought it on kickstarter at the $100 tier and still haven't gotten an e-mail or pmed a link :(

Still no e-mail here :/

ditto.. thanks for not posting spoilers on this thread to everyone else who has the game though! I just came to make sure I wasn't the only one without the link at this point.

Why don't you make one?

Didn't realize I could; thought there was only the Double Fine and 2 Player Productions section. Been a while since I've haunted the forum...

No email here either :\ And I still haven't had an activation email from Humble Bundle to create an account. I hope this doesn't end up being a headache to try and get the beta.

And YES I've checked my bloody SPAM folder >:|

How to get game if you haven't gotten a humble bundle email yet: (check your spam filter!)

If you have a humble bundle account with the same email you used on kickstarter, go to humble bundle, go to your library,

either

click the plus at the top next to Claim Past Purchases

or

if you bought the humble double fine bundle, Scroll to the bottom and click the humble doublefine bundle there.

IF YOU DON"T HAVE A HUMBLEBUNDLE ACCOUNT (Or you do and still can't get your key)

go to humblebundle.com and scroll to the very BOTTOM and click Lost Key and put your slackerbacker or kickstarter email there and it will send you an email with a link to click.

Click the link and it will open a custom humblebundle page for your and you can get your key redeemed there (click GET STEAM KEYS).

(HB used to just give you the alphanumeric key when you click generate key, but this time for me it redirected me to login to my steam page and added it directly from the browser, Your Milage May Vary)

Here's a helpful hint from your fellow backer, since I'm stuck at work and can't play till tonight.

I don't have any way to play pc games, so I held a little contest on a different forum I go to, and gave away my Steam key. I hope no one is bothered by that, and I did warn the person not to post spoilers or videos.

An Egyptian kid who was not able to take part in the Kickstarter, but was crazy excited to get his hands on the game, was the winner.

How to get game if you haven't gotten a humble bundle email yet: (check your spam filter!)

If you have a humble bundle account with the same email you used on kickstarter, go to humble bundle, go to your library,

either

Thank you, friend! This worked for me!

I don't have any way to play pc games, so I held a little contest on a different forum I go to, and gave away my Steam key. I hope no one is bothered by that, and I did warn the person not to post spoilers or videos.

An Egyptian kid who was not able to take part in the Kickstarter, but was crazy excited to get his hands on the game was the winner.

Hope you have success playing it on iOS when it comes out as planned (post BETA madness)

either

Thank you, friend! This worked for me!

You're welcome, have fun playing it for me! I'll just close my eyes and remember Full Throttle.

Maureen: Nice forks. Where'd you get them?

Ben: Right next to the knives and spoons.

If you changed your backer email at any point it might be worth checking your old email address, since that was there my key was sent (the address that I used to purchase the game with as a slacker backer).

Hrms... no luck yet with the email. I backed via Kickstarter so these fancy Humble Bundle tricks won't work for me. I just set up a Humble Bundle account, I'm ready to go and excited... but no email :(

IF YOU DON"T HAVE A HUMBLEBUNDLE ACCOUNT (Or you do and still can't get your key)

go to humblebundle.com and scroll to the very BOTTOM and click Lost Key and put your slackerbacker or kickstarter email there and it will send you an email with a link to click.

Click the link and it will open a custom humblebundle page for your and you can get your key redeemed there (click GET STEAM KEYS).

None of this worked for me :\ And I sent Humble Bundle support a msg earlier and it said it could take a few days for a response.. sigh

Hrms... no luck yet with the email. I backed via Kickstarter so these fancy Humble Bundle tricks won't work for me. I just set up a Humble Bundle account, I'm ready to go and excited... but no email :(

Did you try the bottom of the humblebundle page (with or without humblebundle account) and click Lost Key and put in your kickstarter account email there?

If you dont' get an email check your spam filter, or double check what your email address was when you backed. if you still don't get an email their email server is likely swamped right now. Give it a little time. I hope it works for you soon.

I haven't gotten my official email either, so i'm sure 80,000 messages take a while to send, plus everyone double hammering them to get keys early. I think my earlier tricks worked because i've already got a humblebundle account on my email address and was able to click the plus next to "claim past purchases" at the top of my library, but other purchases I have received an email before I had a humble bundle account with my key in the URL and it linked directly to a page with steam keys, so I was hoping that would have worked for you. Here's to waiting till 5 PST.

p.p.s, my steam key request JUST came through 11:53PST.

If you changed your backer email at any point it might be worth checking your old email address, since that was there my key was sent (the address that I used to purchase the game with as a slacker backer).

Yeah, Thanks!!! Im Downloading it :-D

Nice for some grrr

Do you have access to your humble bundle account, and is it the same email as what you kickstarted with?

If you go to humblebundle, login, and click on your email address at top right, and click my library is there a gray box saying Claim Past Purchases? If So, is there a plus box on the right of it? Click the plus if possible?

If you backed massive chalice you should ask Chris Remo for the flair on the page.

Nice for some grrr

Do you have access to your humble bundle account, and is it the same email as what you kickstarted with?

sigh

I've tried multiple times to sign up for a humble bundle account since last night and have received no activation emails. No, I have not changed the email I used with the kickstarter. And yes, I checked my spam folder. Yes, I have contacted Humble Bundle support via the website but apparently it'll take a few days to get to my support message.

Edit: And yes, I attempted the lost key link as well.

What was wrong with just emailing out the steam keys......?

Dang, I was hoping I could help. Sounds like you're a victim of a backed up mailserver over at HB. I hope it gets sorted quick, I hate to see anyone suffer.

I JUST got my email though, so hold out hope.

Sign in to follow this