Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Backer Beta Coming TOMORROW!

If we are recording Vella, can we show the cutscenes after the maiden feast but have to cut off after whole cutscene is over when we hit the next level?

nevermind me, they lifted the embargo but still want no streaming past maiden feast.

Whelp, unless Humble Bundle is able to send my old keys to my new email address (which currently I have not been able to do, despite updating the email, it just sends a mail saying, sorry, no purchases for this email, and if I try putting in the old email for a resend, I get nothing in the new one so I guess it sends it to the one I can't get into any longer). I contacted Double Fine and they say its in the hands of Humble Bundle, and I tried them with this problem but haven't heard anything.

So currently it looks I'm pretty much not going to get to play any time soon. Or ever.

I didn't get an email as far as I remember, but I created humble bundle account and the game was there along with all my past purchases.

I can't believe that nobody celebrated the first footage of the hipster lumberjack in-game cameo. Yay!

Hipster Lumberjack, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

OMG. So this might be some kind of spoiler, but they actually made him a hipster. I nearly fell of my chair! Loving this!

Hi guys!

Really disappointed about the Steam-exclusive thing. Hope they fix it.

Cheers!

I got the email with the The Humble Url, clicked on it, logged into Steam and then a blank window opened up in my Safari browser, and then nothing happened... I can't find a download or install link for the game anywhere. I've downloaded the soundtrack, no problem there.. But the game itself is nowhere to be found.. On the Humble page it says that my code has been redeemed and on the Broken Age page on Steam it says that I already own this game.. Does anyone else have this problem or know a way around it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: found the link on my list of games on steam. Downloading now! Really looking forward to playing it!

Sorry I am sure it got asked a thousand times, but how do I get the Broken Age Backer Beta?

I don't seem to have received an email about it (Only one about the Vella Trailer)

How does the system work in theory? Should I receive a steam key via email?

Is the beta available on iPad yet? Or do those versions arrive at a later date?

Can I choose the iPad Version, anyway?

P.s.: I was a slacker backer but I bought it via this homepage if I remember correctly. Not via Humble Bundle.

Accidentally redeemed my Steam key to my friends Steam account (who I didn't know was logged in on Steam on my computer)

;PPpPPPpPPpPPPpPPPppppPpPPPPPPppPPPPpPPpPPPPPPpppppPPPpp

Ouch! =(

Sorry for you, hope you can get this sorted with DF/Steam/HB and at least your friend lets you play it while this is being sorted.

Maybe Steam Family Sharing will work? (although it did not work for Wasteland 2)

Thanks for the empathy guys! I'll try to see it as an exercise in patience :)

After all, there are so many bigger problems in the world. I just learned today that the food produced atm would be enough to feed the entire world. Isn't that crazy?

Go Again to the link that HB give to you were you redeem the key, look!, there is a option to unlink the game (i think)

Accidentally redeemed my Steam key to my friends Steam account (who I didn't know was logged in on Steam on my computer)

;PPpPPPpPPpPPPpPPPppppPpPPPPPPppPPPPpPPpPPPPPPpppppPPPpp

Ouch! =(

Sorry for you, hope you can get this sorted with DF/Steam/HB and at least your friend lets you play it while this is being sorted.

Maybe Steam Family Sharing will work? (although it did not work for Wasteland 2)

Thanks for the empathy guys! I'll try to see it as an exercise in patience :)

After all, there are so many bigger problems in the world. I just learned today that the food produced atm would be enough to feed the entire world. Isn't that crazy?

Go Again to the link that HB give to you were you redeem the key, look!, there is a option to unlink the game (i think)

I can't find it unfortunately. Apparently the humble bundle account was connected to a friend's steam account (i changed it now, but the steam key is still redeemed to my friend's steam). The "unlink"-link to the right will atm just unlink my own steam account from the hb-account.

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 3.41.11 PM.png

578d0056bb6c8_ScreenShot2014-01-14at3.41

Try contacting Humble support. They may be able to deactivate the key on your friend's Steam account.

ummm, i got an email after completing the game from humble saying:

"Earlier today we made a humble fumble and you received an email saying that Broken Age is now available for you through your Humble Double Fine Bundle purchase. Unfortunately, this email was sent to you in error since your purchase was not for $35 or more."

but i have the game, and i just completed it, it is awesome by the way

Bah, no email yet :( Been waiting for hours. Have tried several things on Humble Bundle site. Nothing. (and yes nothing in my spam folder)

Bah, no email yet :( Been waiting for hours. Have tried several things on Humble Bundle site. Nothing. (and yes nothing in my spam folder)

You've tried humblebundle.com/?s=resender?

Yes, I've tried it several times.

No e-mail for me either, yet. Resender doesn't list it as something I own. I was a slacker backer if that makes a difference.

I'm assuming then it might be sending the emails as it says I should receive an email shortly but nothing is turning up. Something weird going on.

Yeah but it isn't even supposed to work. We haven't tied the humble bundle link to our humble accounts. The way these things work is that they are unqiue links, and u can choose to tie it to your account, so u can find it later, and o others can't redeem it. We're supposed to receive this link from double fine, so trying resender is basically pointless.

Sorry I am sure it got asked a thousand times, but how do I get the Broken Age Backer Beta?

I don't seem to have received an email about it (Only one about the Vella Trailer)

How does the system work in theory? Should I receive a steam key via email?

Is the beta available on iPad yet? Or do those versions arrive at a later date?

Can I choose the iPad Version, anyway?

P.s.: I was a slacker backer but I bought it via this homepage if I remember correctly. Not via Humble Bundle.

Was there a minimum you had to back to get this early access? I think I paid around 25$ or something like that.

Somone just posted a picture of a $15/slacker backer tier code, that he redeemed. We are getting it, anyone who backed is getting it.

Let me put it this way, if you're posting in this forum, you are getting it.

Somone just posted a picture of a $15/slacker backer tier code, that he redeemed. We are getting it, anyone who backed is getting it.

edit: nm wasnt relevent to what you were saying

This has probably been posted already, but it might help those who don't want to read through all of the previous posts.

If you have a HumbleBundle account, log into it and go to your inventory. At the top of the inventory page there is a 'Claim Past Purchases' box with a little plus sign in the top right, click that. You should then see the 'Double Fine Bundle', which is added to the bottom of the inventory screen (under 'all your purchases', 'widget purchases') when clicked.

Hope that helps someone. I still haven't received my email, but this worked for me.

Urgh. Eventually found the e-mail with my key in GMail's spam folder after wondering for a while whether I'd got one or was even eligible for one, and by all accounts the game is awesome, but the Broken Age EULA it asks me to agree to is nasty enough I'm having mixed thoughts about actually installing it. It has clauses like this one:

"You understand that Double Fine, in its sole discretion, may modify or discontinue or suspend your right to access or use any of the Software at any time, and may at any time suspend or terminate any license hereunder and disable any Software you may already have accessed or installed without prior notice. Double Fine reserves the right to add or remove features or functions to the Software at any time in its sole discretion. When installed on your computer, the Software may periodically communicate with Double Fine servers while the Software is in operation. You acknowledge and agree that Double Fine has no obligation to make available to you any subsequent versions of its software applications."

So basically, in order to install it I have to agree to let it phone home to Double Fine and give them the ability to remotely disable it without notice if they ever feel like doing so (and presumably also to disable the game if it can't phone home for whatever reason). I also have to agree that Double Fine have no obligation to ever provide the full or DRM-free versions of the game. There's also a really comprehensive clause forbidding me from attempting to monitor the data that it's sending back to them in any way, and another nice clause that forbids me from suing them over most breaches of the contract by them whilst still leaving them the full ability to sue me and cause me to incur massive legal costs. I've read quite a lot of EULAs over the years and this is definitely one of the worst ones. Oh, and if that's not enough they can arbitrarily change the terms without notifying me just by updating a webpage they don't even provide the URL of and telling me that using the software after they do means I agree to the new terms:

"Double Fine may modify this Agreement at any time by providing such revised Agreement to you or posting the revised Agreement on its website located at . Your continued use of the Software shall constitute your acceptance of such revised Agreement."

Bleh. Was really looking forward to playing this too.

Someone just posted a picture of a $15/slacker backer tier code, that he redeemed. We are getting it, anyone who backed is getting it.

I also received the strange message from Humble Bundle stating that "...this email was sent to you in error since your purchase was not for $35 or more." Even though I'm a backer.

I eventually found the key on my Humble Double Fine Bundle page, under the link for Steam keys. I entered the key into steam which showed a blank "You've redeemed!" window, great. Steam froze for a few minutes and came back with no game in library, so I proceeded to reload Steam and the game appeared. Weird.

Hope this helps somewhat.

That's becuase there was a seperate Double fine bundle where if u backed $35+ u got backer access.

Anyhow, I checked unclaimed purchases and all that, but It's not there, I think this has to be fixed by double fine.

Also, makomk, please stop being a drama queen, that's basically just a disclaimer to deal with accidents. Even if you could sue them, the joke amount of damages would not justify the legal costs, so you would never do it in the first place, please calm down and just play your game.

Someone just posted a picture of a $15/slacker backer tier code, that he redeemed. We are getting it, anyone who backed is getting it.

I also received the strange message from Humble Bundle stating that "...this email was sent to you in error since your purchase was not for $35 or more." Even though I'm a backer.

I eventually found the key on my Humble Double Fine Bundle page, under the link for Steam keys. I entered the key into steam which showed a blank "You've redeemed!" window, great. Steam froze for a few minutes and came back with no game in library, so I proceeded to reload Steam and the game appeared. Weird.

Yeah, this is weird - I got the same thing too despite the fact that I backed $35.01 (just checked back in my email)

Here is the full email:

"Hey there,

Earlier today we made a humble fumble and you received an email saying that Broken Age is now available for you through your Humble Double Fine Bundle purchase. Unfortunately, this email was sent to you in error since your purchase was not for $35 or more.

You can order Broken Age, available January 28th, here: http://www.brokenagegame.com/

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Humble Bundle"

Yeah, this is weird - I got the same thing too despite the fact that I backed $35.01 (just checked back in my email)

Here is the full email:

"Hey there,

Earlier today we made a humble fumble and you received an email saying that Broken Age is now available for you through your Humble Double Fine Bundle purchase. Unfortunately, this email was sent to you in error since your purchase was not for $35 or more.

You can order Broken Age, available January 28th, here: http://www.brokenagegame.com/

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Humble Bundle"

Same here. Looks like HB made a fumble with the email about a different fumble. :P

Sign in to follow this