Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Backer Beta Coming TOMORROW!

On topic - there has been at least 3 patches since the beta release, is there any changelog available?

Thanks. I wish it would be possible to skip individual lines of dialogue, not the whole cutscene.

TrueStoryGuy, you dont get the point. Its not your decision. You sold a product for money. And when yopu release you cant decide which customer get it and which not. That isnt your decision at all. You and your customer got a contract. And when the game is released you have to deliver. If you like it or not, doenst matter at all. What you think bout its finished status or not ... doesnt matter. You sell it .... you deliver it. To all your paying customers. Got it now? What you are doing right now is simply customer betrayal.
Uh, they did deliver it. Just because you cannot run the game doesn't mean Double Fine needs to cater to your needs. If, for example, you have a Windows 98 computer, do you think Double Fine will go out of their way to make it run on it? No. Same point here.

TrueStoryGuy, you dont get the point. Its not your decision. You sold a product for money. And when yopu release you cant decide which customer get it and which not. That isnt your decision at all. You and your customer got a contract. And when the game is released you have to deliver. If you like it or not, doenst matter at all. What you think bout its finished status or not ... doesnt matter. You sell it .... you deliver it. To all your paying customers. Got it now? What you are doing right now is simply customer betrayal.
Uh, they did deliver it. Just because you cannot run the game doesn't mean Double Fine needs to cater to your needs. If, for example, you have a Windows 98 computer, do you think Double Fine will go out of their way to make it run on it? No. Same point here.

Nah, don't fall for MacCave's trick, he can't be more happy to see this thread become a war zone.

Just finished Act 1 today. Good game, awesome ending of the chapter. Best points of the game are the art and the music. Just gorgeous, I could listen to these violins all day.

Back in the crowdfunding days, a part of me was wishing for a pixelated old school goofy adventure game, in the sorts of DOTT, Monkey Islands, etc. I've been following the (OUTSTANDING) documentary since the first chapter and I already knew that this wasn't what we were getting and, although with a bunch of funny moments, I recognize this game as something more "cute" than "funny". There are puzzles that remind me of DOTT, but the overall feeling takes more from Psychonauts and Grim Fandango - which are to say an evolution of Schaffer's work.

Overall, I loved it. There's something in this game that does not come from screenshots. When playing it, you can tell there's a lot of dedication, a lot of heart put in it. There's a hundred of small details, and not a single scene that feels lazy. This is a work born from passion.

Great job guys, can't wait for Act 2.

And for the next adventure game. ;)

Try the hidden 8 bit mode. It has pixels.

We both know that's not what I mean, but thanks. ;)

The soundtrack is magical that came with the game. The music applies to everything that's happened in Act I.

Is there coming another soundtrack when Act II is out?

I'm a bit confused as to how I get the game. I got an email saying it'd be out the next day on the 14th, but I never recieved any instructions on where to go here? Like, theres a link to the humble bundle signup link, but its not entirely clear how or why you guys would know what my humble bundle account actually is?

Am I missing something obvious?

I'm a bit confused as to how I get the game. I got an email saying it'd be out the next day on the 14th, but I never recieved any instructions on where to go here? Like, theres a link to the humble bundle signup link, but its not entirely clear how or why you guys would know what my humble bundle account actually is?

1) Check your spam

2) You don't need a humble account, but if you have a humble bundle account with the same email as your kickstarter email it'll automatically be linked, try logging into it, going to your library and claiming past purchases. Some people have had success using the key resender too, whatever that is.

3) If you don't have a humble account with the same email, and haven't got an email from humble with a (non account specific, no login needed) link, contact humble support with your details and they'll look into it.

4) if all that fails, contact Double Fine support.

1) Check your spam

2) You don't need a humble account, but if you have a humble bundle account with the same email as your kickstarter email it'll automatically be linked, try logging into it, going to your library and claiming past purchases. Some people have had success using the key resender too, whatever that is.

3) If you don't have a humble account with the same email, and haven't got an email from humble with a (non account specific, no login needed) link, contact humble support with your details and they'll look into it.

4) if all that fails, contact Double Fine support.

Ahah! Found it. Apparently I have an android bundle too , for some reason (I am an IOS developer by trade and have never owned an android device. Straaaaange). But yep, there it is.

Thanks!

I'd email humblebundle and ask them about that Android bundle, shayne.oneill - they could probably tell you more details about when it was purchased, and how, etc.. They've always been good at responding to my questions.

Sorry, haven't read the backlog, but are the system requirements for the beta/game available somewhere?

Thanks.

Sorry, haven't read the backlog, but are the system requirements for the beta/game available somewhere?

Thanks.

They are listed on Steam.

Guys, just ignore MacCave's posts.

@enigma and Cheeseness

I actually think both sides have a point, and I think everyone should be calm and be nice.

But I also don't think MacCave is mature enough to join this topic, if you search my last post you'll know what I mean.

mamark, if you arent able to join a mature discussion then leave the forum. Not a problem for anyone here. And it doesnt matter what you think. the point is clearly, that DF betrays its paying customers. And if you hate telling actions by its names ….. go back to your kindergarten. This is real life, where victims of betrayal call the action betrayal.

Haha, this guy thinks that after almost 800 posts and reading and participating in this forum for 2 years, I have no idea what DF are saying. Where were you the whole time? Ah, that's right, all posts right here on this thread, all about this stupid "betrayal" statement of yours. Still you don't see that as trolling, funny, go back to your cave "Mr. Cave".

So many people here are trying to explain to you in a very calm manner why you got it wrong and nothing to be upset. But hey, don't listen, because everyone doesn't know what they are talking about, only you are the enlighten (that was sarcasm, I'm pointing it out because you seem to misread other people statements the way you want them to be). If you do sue and this somehow gets to court Double Fine will have our statements to counter yours, although I don't think they'll really need those. Your statements show you know nothing about law, your comprehension of simple English is lacking and you have a very childish view of life.

Please, from this point forward talk with DF support and don't bother the backers with your nonsense.

I refered mails from DF. Live with facts, useless fanboy. And keep your lies to yourself. Noone here needs them at all.

uppeli, you are absolutely correct bout that. If DF never had released anything then it would be just another Kickstarter desaster. But here we are talking bout early customers, which even supported this untrustworthy company before theyve done anything. and now we are the ones which will get the game more then half a year after release for general public! And even according to their own launch plan its released as polished product. And Act 2 is just an update.

"will receive Act 2 as a free update" does not mean it is an update it just means that the method of delivering the second half of the game will be the same as method for delivering updates to the game. Broken Age Act 1, as its name suggests, is clearly not a finished product, it just stops in the middle of the plot. You are using semantics to try to prove your point but it is not working.

Anyways, there is no possibility to convince you of anything because you already made up your mind and will not accept the possibility that you may be mistake. As I previously suggested, go sue Double Fine for stealing from you and for betraying you.

Now you talking bout meaning ;) ? This is the mail from DF! It doesnt matter what you think it means, cause the text is completely clear. The game will be released on January 28th and DF betrays its paying customers. And noone here paid for Broken Age Part whatever. We paid for Broken Age. And therefor for the product when its released. Which part ever.

Posts by MacCave sure look like stomping to me.

You whined something bout "this means" when i gave you a simple quote. You are a sad troll.

It would be super nice if people weren't demeaning towards those who find the DRM free version to be important. This is an entirely valid and legitimate concern (for anybody who missed it, Greg says they aren't taking this issue lightly and are looking into what can be done).

Telling your fellow backers to circumvent copy protection or that they shouldn't be talking here exhibits a very uncool kind of elitism. Please remember that the only reason that this campaign was so successful is that it brought together so many people from so many different backgrounds - we should be celebrating our diversity, not stomping on it.

Cheeseness, noone here takes the fanboys seriously. They dont even get the easiest facts. When they are confronted with a simple mail they trying to find some "meaning" inside a simple and clear text :) . Or another one even forgets that DF offered the DRM free and the Steam plagued versions for their backers.

Hm, interesting. So you are not knowing that DF stated DRM free and Steam plagued version for each backer at release? Tell me … anything else you arent familiar with in this case ;) ?

Cheeseness, noone here takes the fanboys seriously.

I think perhaps you're confused about where you are. The official forums for a company are inherently going to be dominated by being who are biased towards supporting that company :D

Regardless of whether anybody is taken seriously, everybody deserves to be treated nicely.

They dont even get the easiest facts. When they are confronted with a simple mail they trying to find some "meaning" inside a simple and clear text :) . Or another one even forgets that DF offered the DRM free and the Steam plagued versions for their backers.

What you've been citing as facts are most definitely interpretations of statements. The documentary has given so many people a glimpse into the not only the process, but also the people. Many feel that they have a personal connection to them and can help elaborate on what statements from emails represent based on what they know of the people involved, and whilst these could be coloured by their personal priorities, it does seem that some of the people you're being demeaning towards have genuinely tried to help you get to a point where you can experience the game.

Whilst I was disappointed when it was stated that DRM free versions weren't planned to be released until part 2's availability, and I am definitely glad to hear that this is being reconsidered, the synchronicity of DRM free and Steam releases was never guaranteed that I saw (in fact, the wording of the first video update which was released during the campaign implies that it would not happen until after the public release). Nobody is cheating you of anything. It's just a disappointing convergence of circumstance where, DRM free builds have had less priority than the Steam release and one that we have some cause for resolution of.

There are no positive outcomes to be had from being militant in this thread, or even from discussing DRM free releases here. Hop over to one of the DRM free related threads (where this is on-topic and where DF people have been posting) to talk about this stuff - it'll be better for everybody.

Cheeseness, noone here takes the fanboys seriously.

I think perhaps you're confused about where you are. The official forums for a company are inherently going to be dominated by being who are biased towards supporting that company :D

Regardless of whether anybody is taken seriously, everybody deserves to be treated nicely.

They dont even get the easiest facts. When they are confronted with a simple mail they trying to find some "meaning" inside a simple and clear text :) . Or another one even forgets that DF offered the DRM free and the Steam plagued versions for their backers.

What you've been citing as facts are most definitely interpretations of statements. The documentary has given so many people a glimpse into the not only the process, but also the people. Many feel that they have a personal connection to them and can help elaborate on what statements from emails represent based on what they know of the people involved, and whilst these could be coloured by their personal priorities, it does seem that some of the people you're being demeaning towards have genuinely tried to help you get to a point where you can experience the game.

Whilst I was disappointed when it was stated that DRM free versions weren't planned to be released until part 2's availability, and I am definitely glad to hear that this is being reconsidered, the synchronicity of DRM free and Steam releases was never guaranteed that I saw (in fact, the wording of the first video update which was released during the campaign implies that it would not happen until after the public release). Nobody is cheating you of anything. It's just a disappointing convergence of circumstance where, DRM free builds have had less priority than the Steam release and one that we have some cause for resolution of.

There are no positive outcomes to be had from being militant in this thread, or even from discussing DRM free releases here. Hop over to one of the DRM free related threads (where this is on-topic and where DF people have been posting) to talk about this stuff - it'll be better for everybody.

Cheeseness,

thats my whole point. That they deliver it at release. And they are releasing it on January 28th. And the producer of a good doesnt have to guarantee anything. Cause when its released, they have to deliver to the paying customers. And im not interested in videos at all. I like to play my game for which I paid. Indeed.

And I presume that the whole case is build on purpose. The game is done. All they are developing now is the second part. So it isnt the smallest problem to simply put the installer onto a web site and thats it. But the truth is … they arent doing that. So the stratey is obvious given the fact that DF doesnt release a DRM free game since aeons: They are releasing it Steam only (which they are doing now) and therefor cheating the DRM free customers. So that they could make more money. And when the think that they could deliver it to DRM free customers noone is interested in that Game anymore anyway (cause everything is spoiled on the web already). Its simply betrayal and nothing else. They were greedy and realizing now that customer betrayal doesnt source the nicest reactions.

Its unbelievable. When they searching for money desperately they lied to their customers. They never had the idea to release a DRM free version.

Cheeseness, you posted accidently a link to this forum ;) .

I did, but since I'd provided the correct URL in several preceding posts, you should have that already :)

Sign in to follow this