Sign in to follow this  
frankie

Documentary: please keep spoiler blurs?

I just read the last update from Double Fine saying that:

Documentary downloads will arrive around the Act 1 release date, with spoiler blurs removed.

As much as that makes sense, I would actually really love to show this documentary to my friends and loved ones (and force-show it to my enemies). So I would actually really appreciate if you consider keeping the spoiler blurs, as it's not SO crazy important to see what is on Tim's board (and it even ruins the joke a little), but on the other hand it can completely ruin the experience of watching the documentary (up to the current episode) for anyone who hasn't yet played the game.

And yes, I understand that the next episodes will require people who watch them to have played Act I, but that could definitely be a marked "point of no return, here be spoilers". This would also be in line with what was mentioned in other threads, about having a specific "spoiler-full" episode after the full game ships.

The blurs seemed more for caution than anything critical, especially in case something on them was changed during iteration. They are in the background most of the time so you won't really catch anything unless you are really looking, and the various trailers have probably shown us almost as much as they would have at this point. Although as long as the streaming with blurs versions are kept, you could try showing friends those?

Once the game has been released it seems crazy to have blurs on everything. (Imagine a documentary on The Secret of Monkey Island... except they blurred everything from the game in the background.)

I guess, as Vectorferret says, you could still Stream the Vimeo versions anyway?

Of course I'm not talking about "blur on everything". I thought the blurs were part of the journey. And I'm not sure if on rewatching I wouldn't want to just do that journey again.. but yes, of course I could use the streaming versions.

You can download full 720p versions of all the episodes from vimeo if you have a video downloader browser extension. That way, you can get the entire series including blurs. No need to rely on anybody else to release the blurred version :)

I totally agree, keep the blurring. Makes no sense to remove them.

I would suggest the exact opposite is true. :) As a backer seeing what was on the board in those early meetings will be extremely illuminating.

I would think that while watching you wouldn't be able to read most of the stuff on the whiteboards and notebook pages anyway and would instead be merely able to catch a word here and there maybe. You would need to freeze-frame to take in everything.

If you want to avoid spoilers, surely you would play the game before watching the documentary?

Put up the original (blurred) files somewhere if that makes some people happy but please, I've been hoping so much that there will be an unblurred version even before it was announced so on change of plans please :)

Sign in to follow this