Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

One last thanks from me before the storm

HELLO BACKERS!!

It's here, it's here! You might be playing Broken Age right now. Or maybe not this second because you're reading this but maybe you're downloading it or maybe you already beat it but lets just say that Shay and Vella are in the air!

I just wanted to take this moment in the calm before the storm to say thank you once again. It's been an incredible process, getting this far, and your energy has been the main thing making it possible and keeping it moving!

This is also the end of an era, in a way. In two weeks, the world at large is going to become a part of something that has been private between us. Of course that's great in a way, because the more people buy the game, the more we will be able to stay independent and make games from the heart like Broken Age. But also, it's like we're moving out of our parents house, where everybody was a team and on the same side, out into the hard cold world where people are not always so nice.

But in the end, that's great, right? Our little game is growing up. And I know it already has a lot of friends out there, thanks to you.

I'm going to go now read message boards and forums obsessively all day.

Hope you like the game, and thanks for backing!

Love,

Tim

PS Remember, please don't spoil the story for people who haven't been able to play the game yet! Take pity on the muggles!

Thanks to you, too, thanks all around! :D

Yeah, what a journey it has been...I'm feverishly anticipating the beta! Still no key! Where is it? Aaaah....

It's 2AM and I shall finish it in one sitting! Lighting conditions aren't exactly the best atm but I shall try to film my reaction as well! All for you, Double Fine! *tears stream down my face*

Thank you, Tim! Thank you, Double Fine!

out into the hard cold world where people are not always so nice.

I'm freezing already, but looking forward to some Steamy warmth tonight! And cupcakes! Lots of cupcakes!

Thank you Tim for being my adult childhood hero and releasing another adventure game I can enjoy together with my own kids.

Just finished downloading! Start playing now! Let's hope you did a good job, Tim!

Thank you for finally making it possible to play another Tim Schafer adventure game! I hope it does so well we'll see more :)

Thanks for everything so far Tim and the team! Just got home from work, downloading to commence shortly!!

This game, development process, documentary, and all the insight has been the most-fun and rewarding experience that I've ever had with gaming.

If there's one thing I've learned from this, it's that people never forget quality. Anyone can rush something out the door within budget, but it takes an extremely special and hard-working team to deliver something of great quality. That's what makes this company successful.

Thanks for letting us be a part of Double Fine for the past two years. (We can put this as work experience on our LinkedIn, right?)

Hey Tim!

I would like to say thanks for taking the risk of trying out this whole venture of DFA. It has been a great adventure for all of us backers to see all the gritty details of how the sausage gets made and I'm sure many of us are ready to enjoy and savor it wrapped in a nice Steamy hot roll right out of the oven. I'll be looking forward to Episode 14 of the documentary and ultimately the release of part 2.

I'm going to re-watch some of the episodes throughout this week...and then when I have time...kick in the game on Friday evening! Nice. Thanks for all the work!

Smiles

Downloading Broken Age for Linux...

... but I think a Big Thank is in order; not for the game, but for the documentaries.

Those episodes were of an incredible value, and that alone, inspired me.

download complete... let's break some puzzles !!

Sign in to follow this