Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

One last thanks from me before the storm

It's finally time to try it!

Thanks Double Fine for all youre hard work, hope the game sells really well when realeased to the public.

I am really curious and can barely keep my hands off.. but I want to play the entire game from start to finish, without doing any bug hunting in the process.. and without waiting between act 1 & 2.

So - hard as it may be - I will wait. :)

Dear Tim, 2 Player Productions and everyone at DF,

Downloading Act 1 now feels like mere mustard on the sausage, because I have received so much already. Documentaries, sidequests, Amnesia Fortnight, forums, Massive Chalice - nay, more than that, I have received an experience.

FOR I HAVE SEEN HOW THE SAUSAGE GETS MADE.

Adventure games are not dead.

Thank you,

Kebuster

I'm just 30 min or so in, but wanted to say I'm loving every second.

Great job, T'm and D'ble F'ne!

It's been such a long journey with only slightly fewer crumbs along the way then I would have liked. Thanks for being so forth coming in the documentary and thanks for letting us have this little window into the life and adventures of game development.

Thanks to the entire development/art/etc team, thanks to everyone at Double Fine regardless of touching this game or not simply for being there to take care of business so others could work on this game. Thanks to 2 Player Productions for filming this monumental project. Can't wait to get my hands on the game and marathon the documentary at some point.

Basically, just thanks. :D

Just tabbing out of the game for a sec to say that this is even better than I hoped! The start screen was so beautiful that I just stared at it for a few good minutes. I'm starting with Shay, that stuff is pretty funny too :D

I've been playing it a little bit, since I'm not supposed to have time to play it, but I'm so happy! Thank you, and the team, for this great experience. I've never felt so involved with the making of game/work of art, and it's been a totally inspiring time. I hope there's a lot of positive feedback for the game Double Fine will get the great commercial (it's already an artistic) hit it so greatly deserves.

It was the best of times!

The game is downloading right now, and I'm trying to find the words.. I could simply give my thanks to the people who made this happen but with DF, 2PP, the other people they brought in, and the 90000 or so backers there would be a whole lot of thank yous to write out and it probably still wouldn't be enough.. And I now notice that the download has finished so I guess I don't have the time to find the words, if there even are any.. I guess I'll settle for our beloved battlecry..

Adventure games are not dead!

Me: I just downloaded Broken Age! Come on, I will show you!

My girlfriend: Meh. Well, OK.

(30 minutes later)

Me: Wow, that's a great game, but I have to make a supper now (I live in Poland, so it's pretty late).

My girlfriend: Are you kidding me?! Sit down and DON'T YOU DARE STOP PLAYING.

:D

Hope you like the game, and thanks for backing!

A pleasure and an honour to be part of this adventure !

Just downloaded it in France here it is now 10pm, hope to stay up pretty late to play this !

Thanks again

Reading this thread and smiling so much right now :)

THANK YOU, and indeed - the documentary made this whole experience just amazing! It's downloading........

Thank u Tim and thanks to all the stuff! I've played for about 1 hour and half now and loved it! It's seems like the good old times, great characters and superbe acting and ohhh the sountrack! I've smiled a lot of time and feel so deep into.

Again you've done nothing wrong. The story seems so right, i hope it will be like this all the time.

I saved the whole documentary until now. Watched all the episodes in a row. Just finished them 5minutes before Act 1 is ready on Steam. Opening a beer now as I'm getting ready to dwell in "our" new world of adventure. Thank you for having faith in us backers. And damn you all for making me tired for work tomorrow. It's all gonna be worth it though. Looking forward to watch all the sidequests and the upcoming parts of the documentary.

All the best from Norway!

*Turning down lights*

EDIT: Oh, yeah. And a BIG thanks to all the other backers! May the rest of your lives be filled with adventures from Double Fine!

I like seeing all the less than 10 posts folks come out of the woodwork now! I knew there were 90,000 of us out there, somewhere. :-)

Smiles

No sleep for me tonight! Thank you for everything so far, and I would totally do all this again anytime.

Thank you Tim and to the whole Broken Age, Double Fine Team! LOVED following your work and I can't wait to get started playing the game!!! I'm really excited that Broken Age will be the first Adventure Game I share with my son.

I can't wait to get home and download this!!!! Been catching up on the updates i had missed and now it is here!! Thanks to the Team and all the backers for making this possible. Looking forward to doing it again!!

Hail!

About time adventure games came back.

Here's to more of the same (and maybe some returns.. wink wink).

Thank you Tim! Felt great solving my first puzzle, and even greater having my first laugh offering grandpa a cupcake.

Did I say thank you allready? Thank you Doublefine!!

Don't really have time to play it through before the weekend but I did a 15 minute sampling of Vella's path. The game looks and feels fantastic, the art and animation really, really shine. Great voice acting. Non-intrusive interface. No technical problems on Linux (which is still not something that can be expected with regards to games).

Many thanks for obviously an amazing job done!

Sign in to follow this