Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

One last thanks from me before the storm

Thanks for everything DoubleFine and Tim - playing Broken Age as we speak and looking forward to the rewards and episodes to come.

The game is amazing and a true love letter to adventure games as a whole.

Congratulations to everybody at DF for getting this awesome beta release out of the door.

I'm so excited about the release (and me being part of the closed beta) that I hardly slept since yesterday's mail. Now to do my duty and report lots of bugs... :-)

Oh and thank you again to 2PP for taking all of us along for the journey.

Finished Act 1.

You can definitely tell its a Tim adventure game and it was fantastic. The dialogue had wit and flowed so well; even the repeated dialogue tree sections were hardly noticeable.

The quality here is also absurd. This is indeed a beta and I ran into a few very minor things but for the most part this is more polished than many AAA titles.

As with any good adventure game, time disappears while you play it, and it does with this one. I played it for a couple hours but it felt like 5 min and the break off spot just left me wanting more and quickly.

I look forward to sharing this with my friends (when it hits full release) and chat with them about various parts.

Congratulations Double Fine; you have made an excellent (so far :)) experience. The hard work paid off!

Already playing, and started a Broken Age Gamer group on Steam called: "Broke Age Gamer", because I apparently suck at noticing when I spell group names wrong. And used the term "bro-age" as a acronym, because I'm cool like that.

That's guys, good work.

Big thanks for everything so far Tim, and the rest of the team. It's been brilliant to follow this project. Not only because games are fun, behind the scenes material is interesting and such things. But because this project and the way Double Fine works is pretty inspiring, even for us who works in other industries then the games.

Oh, and I played 1h of the game now also, and it has so far surpassed my expectations. I haven't encountered that many puzzles yet, but the dialogues, the look and feel of the game, the voice acting, the soundtrack and the animations are all brilliant. I have some feedback on a couple of small things in the interface that I felt was a bit rough, that I will post in the feedbacks thread, but this is a quality title. There are so many great details so far, in one hour, that are things you just cannot expect, they suprise you.

The only reason I stopped playing is that I have work tomorrow, but me playing 1h straight and wanting to keep playing without a pause, that doesn't happen often nowadays.

To the whole team - well done. I backed this project with $100, and I would happily throw another $100 at it after I have played it now.

Absolutely loving every bit of this game so far!

Definitely going to be making some fan art soon! :)

Act 1 took me about 4 hours to play through, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Ran into a handful of layering issues, and that one sound bug that required a restart, but it was quite polished aside from that. Seems like it'll be in good shape by the time it's publicly released.

It's been a long and occasionally bumpy ride, but the destination draws near, and the journey alone has already been an amazing experience. I'm really looking forward to act 2!

Tim and Reds, many thanks!!

I still can't quite completely grasp the idea that I'm able to play what I've seen you guys work on these last years. I've just played my first couple of hours in Vella's world and love the scenery, the characters, the jokes :). I have a feeling that since a loooong time this will be an adventure where I'll really bond with the (main) characters again and sorely miss them and their world when I've finished the game... Thankfully that last part is still 'far' away! Just taking my time and savouring every minute of this adventure-gem!

Thank you for keeping Point-and-Click adventures alive.

It is a beautiful game, lovely music, great voice and I enjoyed the overall story so far. The puzzles seem a little simple to me so far though and i saw some layering-issues, primarily in the beginning of Vela's storyline. It took me about three hours to get through act 1, but given the promising ending I assume some more depth in act 2.

took me about 4 hours to complete act 1. What a incredible world that you created.

The characters are strong (my favorite is the barfing tree). I hate that I have to wait so long for act 2, but I will stay strong.

The puzzles were pretty easy, but maybe i'm just to good :coolsmirk:

Music is genius and i'm going to listen to the soundtrack all day tomorrow. Voice acting is superb by every actor, great choices.

Psyched to tell my gaming friends about this game and that it's worth the wait.

Thank you Double Fine!

Thank you Tim and everyone at Double Fine for this great adventure!

I love the style and flow of the game. The story is fantastic! Love it!

Can't wait for part 2!

I read some of the comments in the Digital Trends article about breaking the DF Embargo (before it was rescinded). The silliness of their writing staff made me chuckle.

Smiles

Played 2 hours sofar (gotta go to work soon so need to get some shuteye) and have to say: not only the road to getting up to this point with the documentaries, the forum comments, etc has been pure gold, but what a game!!

You guys have really outdone yourselves, i had high expectations, but guys, you have reached a whole other level for adventure games. The visuals, animation, storytelling, music, voice and just the overall feel of the game is fantastic...

I'm really grateful you guys went above and (way) beyond the kickstarter promise, thank you so much!

ps: the linux port is made of pure love and puppies, i wanna hugg all of you!!

Many thanks to Tim and everyone on the Double Fine team for all your hard work on Broken Age, and giving us beta access on my birthday was just icing on the cake :-)

The puzzles didn't give me any trouble throughout the game, but that just helped me enjoy the flow and appreciate the atmosphere of the game... that is up to the last one. I'm beating my head against the wall and I'll feel like an absolute idiot once I overcome it because I'm sure I'm missing something that ought to be obvious.

Edit: Figured it out thanks to the hints in item descriptions. Phew, now I can sleep!

well i did a request for multiple keys as other kickstarter games have released recently and now it seems that even though i can get email with links to claim page for my paypal and my typical humble bundle emails. i cant seem to get any email for my kickstarter backing address. it even keeps asking me for captcha, even though it then claims that it had sent the keys. gulp. im going to wait for a bit to make sure it just didnt get lost or the humble website is not overloaded...but... no BA for me right now.

I havent received an email yet for the code and the Humble Bundle site wont even send me an activation email so I can create an account. Ho hum.

To see the game listed in my Steam library and the download starting, just that, together with your post make for an incredible mixed feeling of joy and sadness. How weird is it to see it there in that list after all this time, remembering the first steps of its creation very clearly. How sad is it that this incredible journey you, DF, have taken us on has come to an end.

Tim, you thank us backers, but I truly can't thank you, everyone at DF and 2PP and all other backers enough for this whole experience. It is tough to describe why this has worked so bloody damned well. But it has. Together we have been on a fantastic Adventure and I have loved every single second of it. It must be weird to you, thinking "What did we do? We just did what we do, make a game, and showed you how.". But for me, and clearly for a lot of backers, you made us feel part of it in a way that I can't describe. A lot of developers try 'open development'. You did something a whole lot more. You took 90.000 loving fans on a great Adventure and together with them created an experience that all of us will fondly remember for the rest of our lives. That is no exaggeration; I really think it is that profound.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

(I haven't even launched the game yet ... )

So, obviously, the the question is... what's the next Double Fine Adventure game Kickstarter going live? It's not like you have to write an engine now... Time to start writing content for that engine. Got to strike while the iron is hot...

Ended Shay's part and I'm tempted to continue with the rest of vella's (I'm 15 minutes into it) but it's 2:30 AM here now and I think... oh hell, I'll do it... Wonderful game.

Thanks Tim! You keep the 13 year old wide eyed kid who loved every minute of day of the tentacle in 1993 in me alive...

AHH ITS HERE!! ITS FINALLY HERE!!

Currently downloading it and cant wait to jump in and start playing. I can already say that for the documentary alone this has been the best money I've ever spent. Its been great watching you and the Double Fine team work and getting to know all of you. Thanks for being so awesome, making this a reality, and bringing it to all of us. It was a real pleasure.

Oh, damn you to hell. 3 hours 54 minutes, finished right now at 4:27 in the morning. I hope YOU'RE PROUD OF YOURSELF.

Just want to say a huge thank you to Tim and the Red's team and 2PP for this whole amazing journey. It was like belonging to an open (well, closed really, I guess but you know what I mean) university that helped us learn so many valuable things about the gaming industry, the creative process, project budgeting, technical craft and teamwork. I am very proud to have been a small part of it.

The end product is delightful and fun.

But it is obviously so much more than that as well. The adventure was in the process and the process was a beautiful thing. And the game is somehow for me fully imbued with the beauty of that process. Any given patch of paint, every musical measure and each single spoken word or phrase represents a tiny perfect piece of the collectively expansive, immeasurably generous spirit that is Broken Age's heart and soul. The game glows with it. Bravo!

I hope with all my heart that this adventure leads to greater freedom and independence for Tim and the DF development team and that the community as a whole recognizes the exceptional industry art and craft as well as the creative spirit that the game represents.

Thank you so much and congratulations Double Fine! The game is installing, can't wait to start it. As much as it's said it couldn't have been done without the backers, it also couldn't be done without you and the idea in the first place. It's been a great two years, looking forward to more future fun!

That was just......awesome. Truly truly awesome. Thanks so much Tim, I've been reading most every announcement, I've seen every episode and sidequest, I've been following it every bit of the way, and WOW that was just an amazing amazing game. Act 1.

Sign in to follow this