Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

One last thanks from me before the storm

Congratulations to the Team. It's been one hell of a ride

First I'm going to indulge myself into the soundtrack

This is just the thanks and love message to Tim...

I stupidly went and made a secondary Steam Account completely by accident (but no worries... DRM comes in the future)...

Finished Shay...

have thoughts but there's a place for that.

This is a the ride has begun message and the ride has indeed begun!

Thank you, Tim and Double Fine!

I've just played a little into it so far with Shay and even with all the Backer Updates I am still been blown away with how beautiful everything came out! I think we can all see the love that went into making this game!

Also, I think the Overmother is just about the cutest thing ever!

To Tim and the Double Fine staff,

Thanks for pouring your hearts and souls into making such an awesome game! The quality truly shines through! Looking forward to the future adventures that Double Fine creates.

I've been lurking the entire time, but now I've had a chance to spend an hour with Broken Age, I felt compelled to post.

Tim, and everyone at DF, I want to say thanks and congratulations. Throughout the process, watching the documentary and reading the updates, I got way more than I paid for as a backer. It was worth it just to watch the process happen, and be a part of it. I only wish I could go back now and pledge three times what I did, to give you guys more to work with and get more, too. I certainly will be picking up the soundtrack because Peter's work is wonderful.

Having spend that crucial first hour with the game, I've laughed aloud a handful of times already, but most of all I'm struck by how close to the original brief the game feels. It is genuinely like being inside one of Bagel's paintings. The game is staggeringly beautiful, even more than I thought it would be, despite watching the documentary closely and eating up all the screenshots we've seen. I find myself just sitting and taking in all the wonderful details in every scene. I deliberately don't solve some puzzles just yet to take in the view.

I want to doff my cap to all the teams at DF - the art, the animation, the voices, the music, it's all I could wish for and more. I haven't played that much yet, so I don't know how much of a cliffhanger you've left us with, but do take your time and finish it how you want it. You've more than proven that our trust and investment in you is worthy.

You guys are amazing, and I'm very happy to have been a small part of it. Thank you.

It has been an honor to have been a part of this. Thank you very much team Double Fine. I only played one minute of the beta, but I was already overcome with joy when I saw how truly beautiful this game is looking... wow...

Can't wait to check out the rest of the game!

Amazing, as far as I've played It's been great. So beautiful... maybe more easy than I had expected but I think It could be improved in the future.

I was afraid that with such big graphics and zooms over the characters that the gameplay could suffer a lot. But It's surprisingly fluid the way you can do everything.

If only I hope a harder difficulty level for the next part or future games.

GREAT WORK!!! You have a buyer for future adventures

It's a lovely game, made by lovely people. Thanks for delivering, we will enjoy every moment of it, me and my wife (oh yes, and my little daughter , who's been watching us playing yesterday with a very curious face).

It's a lovely game, made by lovely people. Thanks for delivering, we will enjoy every moment of it, me and my wife (oh yes, and my little daughter , who's been watching us playing yesterday with a very curious face).

How old is your daughter?

Mine is four and she's begging me to play "the cartoon with the boy". :)

And my wife loves the gorgeous graphics.

How old is your daughter?

Mine is four and she's begging me to play "the cartoon with the boy". :)

And my wife loves the gorgeous graphics.

18 months old! :)

Thanks so much to everyone on the team!

When I started playing the game, I was nervous I wouldn't have the same feel I had when I played Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, Grim, etc. I shouldn't have worried! It's amazing. Everything from the cursor to the endless space themed cereals (so amazing), to the sound effects, to the beautiful art: it's all incredible. So much hard work, and care is obvious.

I'm going to play the game slowly. Savour it.

So good. I hope you sell piles of copies.

And you get to make another one after this one. :)

Thank you and the whole team for the game! Finished it and liked every bit very much :-)

Hoping for a second part slightly more difficult and longer, to make it perfect.

I probably won't be playing anytime soon, but a significant-other-humanoid in the next room will, so my experience will be second hand for the time being.

But my experience with the Kickstarter and the team through the documentary was a treat in itself, and I really hope You (double) fine sausage makers didn't get discouraged/burned by the experience on Your end. And maybe we could do this on another adventure someday, ey?

... I don't want this to end damnit!

No long essay - it all just boils down to this: Thank You!

And for flavouring: The whole project has long since been a great success, with the finished game an added bonus to the treat of the journey. Thank you for opening up new doors. Thank you for bringing some much needed light into the world. You have all done an awesome job and should be seriously proud of yourselves.

THANK YOU!! Tim and the awesome DF Team for making this game happen! It oozes passion and you can feel that there is lots of heart in the game. Finished act 1 with a big smile on my face, waiting eagerly for act 2 :D

Thank you for having us. Have enjoyed the past two years (and all great things done by you further down memory lane as well) and I'm looking forward to whatever you have up your sleeves for the future (ohh and also to the caressed artbook! (ones you are in the black on this project that is)).

I just beat it. I was almost in tears when the credits rolled. Then I saw pic related and then laughed and cried at the same time.

I've been on DFAF since 2008 when there where only about like, 8-10 of us actually posting. I have no idea why we all stuck to such a dead forum but we did, and we posted everything. We posted so much that it got to point where we could all legitimately call each other friends, and posted even more to the point where we could almost call each other family.

I've been posting and playing Double Fine games with the same people for almost 6 years now and have spent more time on here than I have with any other forum or game.

And I don't regret a single moment of it.

DFAF has been my internet home, and even though I rarely post now I still consider DFAF to be the place I can always go to.

I'm happy we got to play games together. I'm happy we laughed together. I'm happy we raged together and pissed each other off. I'm happy I met you guys.

I'm happy we are all part of this game together, and I am happy you where all part of my life.

Thank you all for being so great.

bros for life.png

578d005a6fda0_brosforlife.png.e23fc39499

Only just started but it looks lovely and my kids are already excited to play through it with me for the first time (unlike all the old lucas games where I can't help hovering over their shoulders to see what they're doing and giving terrible hints...)

Hopefully the documentary is continuing up through Act II since that's been one of the best parts of this whole experience.

I am about to start playing and my excitement is surpassed only by my sheer surprise it has been that long since I pledged a couple of dollars!

Thank you, Tim & Double Fine, for introducing me to Kickstarter and be a part of this incredible journey. Your documentary showed me human side of game development and made me to be more considerable of work hidden behind the final product. You really grew on me and I keep my fingers crossed you will do what makes you happy (and us as a side effect too, hopefully :D). I can't wait to get HD copy :3.

done! for anyone having issues getting the key from HB. just email them they are awesome. replied fairly quickly.

I finished act 1 tonight and it was awesome!

I'm satisfied from what I got and also very excited to get to the next part.

Where can I give you guys money to make more games like this?

Thank you, Tim. Getting to know you guys at Double Fine (however slightly it was) through the documentary was a very fullfilling and emotional experience. It really drove home the point of how far things have come since a handful of guys decided to take a multi-level gamble on an idea, just for the sake of a genre that has given so much to each and every one of us. You guys made history in a number of ways, but more importantly you connected to an insanely large number of people, on a very tangible way.

I hope his marks the beginning of a windfall era for Double Fine, but this wish is borne more from the desire that you guys be happy doing what you so clearly love than wanting to play more games from you (which is also a small factor). Keep fightingsolving the good fightpuzzle. :)

Just finished. It was everything I wanted and more!!! So happy for this game! Beautiful art, story and music! Perfect! Thank you Double Fine!!! Looking forward to ACT 2!!!

This is just sooo awesome!!

I've played quite a few good adventures in the past years, most of them obviously inspired by the classics ...

... but only just now do I realize, that most of them are trying so hard to find "that formula", the essence of what made these classics tick. Most of them succeed more or less, but they are always trying to remake the experiences of those old games. There is always this kind of nostalgia involved when something reminds you of Monkey Island - because there always has to be some acknowledgement of the good old days ... seems to be part of the formula now.

After having played both paths of Broken Age for a little while, it feels like it just doesn't concern itself with all that.

It really stands on its own - it's fresh! The world is really different, the art-style, the little details in every scene, the music (oh, the music!!) ... It's an original adventure-game - and it's not living in the past like all the others do! No "retro gaming" involved here.

And at the same time, you can really sense the kind of humour and atmosphere that made Grim Fandango so different and fresh in its time! The first minutes playing as Vella, when you slowly begin to realize, what the purpose of all the celebration and happyness is ... that really got to me (in a good way!). And that was just the first few scenes ...

It's also quite an experience, to first follow you guys make the game ... and finally being able to play it! That is really something else!

I feel like I've gotten to know you all a little and that really makes playing this game so much more ... That is something, regular buyers won't have.

THANK YOU so much - all of you - for making this happen and also thank you Two Player Productions for letting us backers witness the whole thing! You're all rockstars now!! You've made history! And I'm so proud of you! :-)

Cheers from Germany!

PS: and please keep making those awesome videos - Amnesia Fortnight was also great!

Never posted anything before. Just wanted to say:

It's the first game for 10 years now that I played to the end (of act 1). And I played it like a maniac, just loved every second of it. The whole experience is so entertaining, funny and full of good thoughts about life! And it all looks and sounds so beautifully and right from the heart of everyone involved. I just can't stop being excited about the game even though I already finished it.

Thanks guys. Thought I was too old for computer games. But obviously… I'm not… anymore…

That's a piece of art, everybody! Great. Can't wait for act 2.

xoxo.

Sign in to follow this