Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cap@gamers.at

[OPEN] Backer Credits Character Encoding Bug

Priority: [VERY LOW]

Impact: [NON]

Reproducable: [YES]

Hi,

watching the credits I noticed that some backer names (including yours truly) were incorrectly pasted from their local character encoding resulting in "special" characters no being displayed correctly. For example my very own entry *should* read

Thomas "G|Onkel Tom" Cap

but instead the quotes are replaced by two "g"s with some kind of accentuation mark.

Hope that helps,

Thomas

I think I've fixed these issues up. Our font doesn't have all the quotation mark variants, so I had to switch to straight/dumb quotes. If you notice additional issues, please let us know!

Some names show the raw unicode utf-8 bytes instead of the actual encoded character. Look for anything with "Ã" for example.

Some names show the raw unicode utf-8 bytes instead of the actual encoded character. Look for anything with "Ã" for example.

OK, removed the fixed tag ... - maybe post a screen to help the devs?

I don't know if this really qualifies a bug or not, and I understand that is not that important at all, but I couldn't find my name anywhere in the credits. :( My name is Giacomo Colivicchi. I checked three times, and looked for my forum name and my kickstarter email as well, just in case you used one of those.

Again, it's really not that important but I was looking forward to that. I hope you find time further on to check this out.

BTW - I just finished the game and I loved the ending!! Can't wait to play the second part!! :)

Aha! ć, Ł, ł, & ř display incorrectly. We'll get that fixed. If you notice any additional characters not in this list, let us know. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this