Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vii

[Spanish localization] Maiden's Feast

¡Hi! Loving the game so far :D

I was surprised the text on the maidens' dresses are localized. Well done! I almost feel bad for pointing this out:

"¡Délicia!" (or looks like that) should be "¡Delicia!" (whithout the accent)

"A tu disposicion" should be "A tu disposición" (with an acute)

Now this is a nitpicky one. When you try to give the corset to the monster, Vella says: "Creo que al mog Chothra le gustan más las chicas «sin ataduras»." This seems to be a misinterpretation of the expression "let-all-out kind of guy". In the English version, Vella points at the obvious fact that the monster is huge and has no use for a corset. In the Spanish version, Vella makes an observation about the monster's taste for girls, which doesn't make much sense. I would change it to something like "Creo que el mog Chothra prefiere ir «sin ataduras»." or "Creo que al mog Chothra no le gusta vestir muy ceñido." (I think the second one is more approximate to the original meaning).

That's it for now. Now back to playing! :)

So glad you're enjoying the game. :)

I've entered bugs for these:

"¡Délicia!" (or looks like that) should be "¡Delicia!" (whithout the accent)

"A tu disposicion" should be "A tu disposición" (with an acute)

For this one, we're going to leave it as is. «sin ataduras» is more in reference to the corset's strings and that Vella thinks he'd prefer to be untethered/unattached.

Now this is a nitpicky one. When you try to give the corset to the monster, Vella says: "Creo que al mog Chothra le gustan más las chicas «sin ataduras»." This seems to be a misinterpretation of the expression "let-all-out kind of guy". In the English version, Vella points at the obvious fact that the monster is huge and has no use for a corset. In the Spanish version, Vella makes an observation about the monster's taste for girls, which doesn't make much sense. I would change it to something like "Creo que el mog Chothra prefiere ir «sin ataduras»." or "Creo que al mog Chothra no le gusta vestir muy ceñido." (I think the second one is more approximate to the original meaning).

Hi!

- When giving the knife to Jessi, Vella says:"No creo que acepte este huevo como sustituto del que ha perdido" when the english line is "I don´t think she´d find that an adequate replacement as an egg".

I haven´t tried other objects until the proper egg but it sounds to me that it´s a default line when using something wrong with the bird so it could happen with any other without a special line for the action.

-I don´t know if this one is a localization issue but when talking for the first time with the rejected maiden in Meriloft the "ja ja" comes with the wrong color code since comes from the maiden instead of Vella and it´s pink.

Sign in to follow this