Sign in to follow this  
Teppic

Black screen (shay's chapter)

Black Screen after getting the second star chart if you grapple the one in the top left. Can see and move cursor and get the menu to appear. Happened 4 times. The other one works.

Win 8.0

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Intel core i5 2.6 GHZ

8 GB RAM

Same issue happening here

Intel i7 975 @ 3.33 GHz

Nvidia GTX 660Ti

Asus P6T7 WS Mobo

8 GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM

Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

Same issue here. I'll include the notes I wrote on it:

In the grapple mini game, when you are allowed to choose which creature you want to save, if you choose the upper left one it goes into a cutscene. After you get the new star chart it goes into a black screen and repeats the same dialog from in the grapple mini game.

I repeated the same steps and it again went into black screen. When I chose the creature on the top right instead the cutscene ended and went to the next part of the game as expected.

Win 7

Intel core i3 2.1GHz

Intel HD Graphics 3000

4 GB Ram

Same issue. Tried to reload a saved game and it didn't work. Then I exited the game (back to desktop) and relaunched. Steam told me there was an update - I took it and it isn't crashing anymore. Don't know if it was the update or the fact that I relaunched. but I have tried over and over again and it isn't giving me the black screen anymore.

Same issue here. Black screen after Shay says "Give me the star chart." Mouse and menu are still visible and work. Sound still works and clicking (blindly) triggers reactions from Marek. Returning to the main menu and reloading the game brings back the view. As mentioned above, saving the left creature always triggers the bug; saving the right one instead does not.

Win 8.0 Pro

Intel core i7 2.4GHz

Intel HD Graphics 4000

8 GB RAM

Similar issue. Did not confirm which rescuees caused this. Had to restart a few times to pass this section without a black screen.

Black screen immediately follows Rescue minigame on Shay's storyline. Blackscreen persists until quitting to main menu.

Audio is still active.

Sign in to follow this