• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
AchillesPDX

Soundtrack gets dumped into main game folder

The MP3 soundtrack on Steam just gets dumped into the root "Broken Age" folder inside of steamapps\common. It would be much tidier if it was in a "Soundtrack" folder or something along those lines.

Thanks!

Do you get the OST for 15$? Because I see the soundtrack, too...

I'm actually at the $100 level, so I don't know about that.

Ha! good catch guys. I'll make sure that get's fixed.

I can confirm that Humble is activating the soundtrack on Steam for $15 backers. Oopsie. Or maybe you're just being generous, that's possible too, I suppose.

Hah, soundtrack, something to participate, download from the humble bundle site, worked fine, some minor things:

a) wavs archive naming is plural whilst the mp3 and flac archives are singular.

b) the md5 link of the mp3s is in the same line as the file size on the tier site.

c) flac and wav song names include the title number, mp3 songs don't.

d) another inconsistency: Thumbs.db in the mp3 folder.

I listened to Shay's Secret Mission and In the Situation Room (cool title). Sounds good, different moods, nice instruments guitar, sax (1:40), violin, quite basic, ... they might fit perfectly to the situation (obviously can't judge this without playing the game) but just listening to it as music i also was missing something which makes them truly great/more unique but that's generally an issue with most soundtracks.

Also the ID Tag of the MP3s dos not have the Composer Peter McConnell mentioned.

Edit, or wait, it dos, iTunes just confuses it because it´s looking for "Interpret" instead of "Komponist". (whatever these words are in the english itunes)

Sign in to follow this