Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
engdan

No codes for Slacker Backers?

Not sure if this is really helpful, but I'm a slacker backer through the Double Fine bundle and my key appeared on the Double Fine Bundle page, below the other games but above the forum access code.

WOW... Thank you so much. This was exactly where my code was. I appreciate the information!

Another forum winner here. It should be coming to the email address I have registered here? That's all DF have I would imagine... Not in my spam folders either.

According to Chris above we should have it? Maybe I'll hit up humble support in a few hours if nothing...

I received my key earlier today (Slacker Backer via the Humble Bundle) and just a bit ago received a revocation notice of said key.

"Hey there,

Earlier today we made a humble fumble and you received an email saying that Broken Age is now available for you through your Humble Double Fine Bundle purchase. Unfortunately, this email was sent to you in error since your purchase was not for $35 or more."

But in fact my purchase WAS for the appropriate amount or I wouldn't have had access here. (I have the receipt as well)

Interested in seeing where this goes.

Gah.

Humble support are now telling me to contact Double Fine, who are telling me to contact Humble support.

I still haven't heard back from Humble Bundle or DF. I email HB this morning too.

I received my key earlier today (Slacker Backer via the Humble Bundle) and just a bit ago received a revocation notice of said key.

"Hey there,

Earlier today we made a humble fumble and you received an email saying that Broken Age is now available for you through your Humble Double Fine Bundle purchase. Unfortunately, this email was sent to you in error since your purchase was not for $35 or more."

But in fact my purchase WAS for the appropriate amount or I wouldn't have had access here. (I have the receipt as well)

I just got that email as well, with the caveat that I did buy the Humble Double Fine Bundle for less than $35, as I was already a Slacker Backer through the DF website directly. I'm at work (ha!) so I can't check if my steam keys are actually not working, but I'd love to know what's going on!

"Hey there,

Earlier today we made a humble fumble and you received an email saying that Broken Age is now available for you through your Humble Double Fine Bundle purchase. Unfortunately, this email was sent to you in error since your purchase was not for or more."

Exact same thing happened to me. I wouldn't worry about it though, there's probably been a mistake. I mean I have access here, I redeemed my key to the game already, and yeah I paid the appropriate amount back then.

Hi folks. Make sure to check your junk boxes and spam filters, as it may have been caught in there.

You can email us at support@doublefine.com and we'll look into any missing key issues if it doesn't look like it's arrived at all.

Hi folks. Make sure to check your junk boxes and spam filters, as it may have been caught in there.

You can email us at support@doublefine.com and we'll look into any missing key issues if it doesn't look like it's arrived at all.

Thanks. support@doublefine just told me to contact humble though. Oh the confusion. :)

"Hey there,

I just got that email as well, with the caveat that I did buy the Humble Double Fine Bundle for less than $35, as I was already a Slacker Backer through the DF website directly. I'm at work (ha!) so I can't check if my steam keys are actually not working, but I'd love to know what's going on!

Just to chip in:

I had the same thing happen to me and I've emailed both double fine, and then at their recommendation emailed humble bundle. Presently waiting to hear from the latter, but then I read through this thread and saw that others had found a broken age key in their double fine bundle page.

I found one there, and promptly added it to steam. The issue now is that when it went through the product activation, the box at the end that normally lists the game installed was blank. The only option I had was to click Finish. Now I have key that it states I've already activated, and no product related to it!

Was that a copy of the game for the 28th and it will appear there after that date? Shouldn't I have access to Act 1 now?

I found one there, and promptly added it to steam. The issue now is that when it went through the product activation, the box at the end that normally lists the game installed was blank. The only option I had was to click Finish. Now I have key that it states I've already activated, and no product related to it!

Was that a copy of the game for the 28th and it will appear there after that date? Shouldn't I have access to Act 1 now?

Just restart Steam and it should be in your library. Steam does that sometimes.

Just restart Steam and it should be in your library. Steam does that sometimes.

Well what do you know?! That worked!

Thanks man, I've never come across that bug before :)

Thanks. support@doublefine just told me to contact humble though. Oh the confusion. :)

Same here...

Well what do you know?! That worked!

Thanks man, I've never come across that bug before :)

No problem, happens to me all the time. :)

Update on the topic of missing slackerbacker keys: supp@df now told me there was a problem with how gifted keys were being handled and to wait until tomorrow for a response from humble. So that probably also explains why so many of us still missing their keys are from that giveaway last year. :)

Aaaaaaaaand my last cross post on the same reply goes to the thread I posted my original concern in. Where did I leave that young spry mind of mine....

I received the same email and was concerned about what I was seeing. I backed via the Humble Double Fine Bundle as well. The first episode is available on Steam only, so if you try to use the BIG HONKIN' TEXT LINK that says:

"Click here for your Broken Age Slacker Backer key."

You are as they say "el hosedo." ('they' should probably clean up their potty mouths)

HOWEVER, if you click on the link ABOVE that which says:

"Click here for your Steam keys."

It will expand another line of items. If you click on the Link under Broken Age, you will get your Steam Key for your game.

Mind you, this assumes you received an email for the game in the first place. I have the game listed in my library now, I have yet to install it though.

Hope this helps somebody.

Aaaaaaaaand my last cross post on the same reply goes to the thread I posted my original concern in. Where did I leave that young spry mind of mine....

I received the same email and was concerned about what I was seeing. I backed via the Humble Double Fine Bundle as well. The first episode is available on Steam only, so if you try to use the BIG HONKIN' TEXT LINK that says:

"Click here for your Broken Age Slacker Backer key."

You are as they say "el hosedo." ('they' should probably clean up their potty mouths)

HOWEVER, if you click on the link ABOVE that which says:

"Click here for your Steam keys."

It will expand another line of items. If you click on the Link under Broken Age, you will get your Steam Key for your game.

Mind you, this assumes you received an email for the game in the first place. I have the game listed in my library now, I have yet to install it though.

Hope this helps somebody.

OH MY GOODNESS!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I've been over here freaking out for hours emailing people like a maniac.

This completely solved my problem!

Update on the topic of missing slackerbacker keys: supp@df now told me there was a problem with how gifted keys were being handled and to wait until tomorrow for a response from humble. So that probably also explains why so many of us still missing their keys are from that giveaway last year. :)

At least now we know what's going on! Thanks.

We've all waited this long already. One more day can't hurt!

I was a comp winner - got an email back from humble support with a link, haven't tried it yet but I assume everything will be in order. Noice.

Summary:

A friend -gifted- me Slacker Backer status for this. All I *ever* did, was enter my email there, at some point. The email matches with the one I used to register here, on DF Forums. This is -obviously- why I can even see or post on the private backer forums in the first place. Because DF has registered me as a slacker backer.

At no point did I ever pay for this. Like I wrote : this was a gift.

Now Humblebundle wants ME to prove and connect the dots that I bought this. And my humblebundle account is using another email address. I told them that, and what it's called. Now, in response I was just given about 3 hours worth of homework to lookup some convoluted billing and numbers for information that to prove a purchase that does. Not. Exist. Isn't it proof enough that I'm even here? :(

Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

Has anyone had this sorted out? I've been waiting hours now for a reply from Humble Support.

Me not. But at least one of the winners of the contest had. PM received from LadyLaiana:

"I just received mine. Klink (http://www.doublefine.com/forums/member/122261) sent the humblebundle page and i claimed it (i had to create an account because i hadn’t one). He was the guy who contacted me to check if i was an active user to gave me the forums access."

I have this sorted out as well. Humble Support representative contacted me yesterday asking for a Transaction ID or an Email of the person who distributed copies for the game for the giveaway. As I obviously didn't have those, I emailed Double Fine support quoting that request, then decided to not to wait for Double Fine to reply and emailed Humble with all the info I could provide (link to the forum giveaway, gifter's website with contact info) and telling them I contacted Double Fine regarding their request. Humble representative responded again saying that any extra info provided by Double Fine to me on this matter would help a lot, but for all the troubles they had gifted me Broken Age key. The reply had a Humble gift link which I successfully activated.

P.S.: My forum email and my Humble email are the same, as well as my username. Didn't receive any reply from DF support still, but maybe they're aware my case is sorted out already.

Mine is sorted too - albeit without all te running around Toff had to do, first I got the generic reply from humble, minutes later they emailed me again saying they had the list of winners and they could see my username so they sent me a gift link.

Strange. I am on that list and received nothing. I've sent an e-mail via e-mail form on their webpage about 16 hours ago...

marcowy,

did you get the support request confirmation email with your case reference number from Humble? If you did, you can try replying to that email by adding some extra information you might've forgotten to include in your first email. If you didn't (not even in spam folders), then try using that e-mail form again.

Just got my key, I explained the giveaway and sent a screencap of my control panel to verify my account and of the giveaway thread for good measure, and got a response a few minutes later, thanks to everyone in this thread for helping me sort this out!

All sorted!

Received an email from someone called Sadie from Humble with a link to a page where I could redeem the game.

Hey there!

Thanks again for backing Broken Age! We sincerely apologize for the delay in getting this steam key to you. You can now access Act 1 on Steam through your Humble Double Fine Bundle page, located in the link below.

Please note that the DRM-free builds as well as Act 2 will be made available on your download page upon completion. See below for your download page! Let me know if you have any questions. Happy gaming!

I've sent an e-mail via e-mail form on their webpage about 16 hours ago...

Yep, I sent a detailed email explaining all that I've tried and still have yet to hear back even though I sent the email 20 hours ago. Have to say I'm very disappointed in the way this has been handled so far. The game was in my library the day before launch, even!

Hey Guys! I'm sorry there's been delay, a few explanations:

Slacker backers that were gifted their backing didn't get it because of a bug in our system. We've mostly resolved these now, but there are probably a few left that need to be taken care of. I'm going through the support emails now to contact everyone, but it's just me that's taking care of everyone that's emailing in about it, so there's about a 100+ person queue (This is why I never came in here yesterday to post, it's been slammed)

Old emails are the other main problem. Changing your email on the forums updated it in our backend, but only added it as an alias, not as the primary one. Guess which one we sent to humble? =/

To troubleshoot yourself first, first check your spam filter. Then check what the email that was originally assigned to either Kickstarter or Paypal when you were charged for your funding. If the email assigned to your account at that time was different, there's a good chance that's why you never received your email. You can either wait for me to get back to you if you've emailed into support, or you can contact humble bundle support with your old and new email and try to get them to send it to the correct address.

Can I ask how Humble would know I have the right to this game? I didn't win anything, I just bought into the slacker backer on here after the kickstarter finished.

Can I ask how Humble would know I have the right to this game? I didn't win anything, I just bought into the slacker backer on here after the kickstarter finished.

They sent Humble the keys connected to your Email address. humble now has a key for this game registered to your email in their database.

If you already have an account (no matter if it's the same email address) there go to it and request the game via the key-resender. If not create one and request the key.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?s=resender

if you no longer have access to your old email you will have to contact support.

Yeah, I did that. Nothing there about Broken Age. Same email I've used for several years. Oh well, I guess I'm not playing it.

Sign in to follow this