Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Man do we even have all of each other as contacts?

I think we should make a thread for that or something

Man do we even have all of each other as contacts?

I think we should make a thread for that or something

Would you want to risk getting skyped by some random people from the backer forums?

Well, my GF and some people i regularly play with are the only people on my Skype thing anyways. (And i don't think that'll change)

The ASPCA put a virus on my computer.What the hell?

Nothing bad,just annoying adware. Got rid of it like that*snaps*.

I have Skype installed, but I don't really use it. Do you mean to use it for voice talk or IM? I'm not very comfortable talking in English and after my wife goes to bed I try to keep the noise down to a minimum. I'm not sure what Skype is capable of, but the new Google Hangout has this convenient way of screen sharing. Could be interesting to use for a game club light. Or maybe not. It's usually more interesting to play games than to watch others play games. On the other hand if someone has played something interesting that they want to show off and get others interested in, it could be nice to take turns playing say 10 minutes of a game. Or are you guys more interested in just talking?

Skype is just for talking. The video chat options require money if you want to do it with groups. Carl was talking about all of us playing a simple multiplayer game while using it.

EDIT: New DBZ Abridged episode is up!

I somehow reached over 8000 posts and got a new title without realizing it. I don't like this title. I don't know what it means. It scares me.

Hey flesk, if we're doing Skype then you can just listen in on calls and disable your mic and still use the IM feature while everyone's talking. I've never tried Google Hangouts, but hey if it's got free screen sharing it can't be all bad.

And like Leroy said, I was talking about playing together while in Skype. Games are usually alot more fun when everyone's talking, not even together. Just random screaming and cursing while in the heat of the moment is fun too.

I only suggested Skype because the hassle of installing a proper VOIP software like Ventrillo or Mumble probably isn't worth it.

I'm somewhat annoyed by the section of the new kickstarter thing. I'm not sure if i want to play that game actually, all i get is some whining about gays, transvestites and interracial stuff, and while that would be fine, if that's the games big selling point, it's going to be real boring. Just waiting for object sexuals to crawl out of the woodwork.

Anyone game for hitting up a fake-argument about object sexuality in the Kickstarter forum? I already have a complaint formulated about DF not including human x object couples.

I somehow missed that part about playing a game together. Yeah, could be fun. The new Google Hangouts is actually pretty good. I was talking to a sysop at work the other day and he said they've actually started using it instead of Skype and screen sharing software because it does both well. Might be worth checking out anyway to see what you think.

I have no idea if Xaromir is being serious or what. I really hope you aren't

Yeah I'll check out hangouts sometime. They really push it on me alot in Uni so maybe it's worth checking out

Nope, so far to me that's a game about who should be allowed to copulate with who else. I just wish all the backers would just go away, let them make their god damn game, and leave everyones genitals the fuck alone. I don't give a shit, i don't want to hear about it anymore, and i'm this close to going full retard over the issue.

Edit:

I have a feeling massive Chalise is becoming a dating sim

That's a nicer way to express what i'm feeling.

i'm this close to going full retard.

What would you call your current normal condition then?

i'm this close to going full retard.

What would you call your current normal condition then?

Hot'esque. o.O

You guys realize it's just a bunch of backers right? They have absolutely no say in the final decisions of the game. They're not paying DF to include their ideas, and DF has no obligation to use any idea a backer suggest.

DF will use their feedback at most to gauge reactions, I'm guessing.

I really do hope though that DF will try to be inclusive

That's why i said that i wish all the backers would just go away, not DF. I don't care about being inclusive, i just want a fun game, there is no need for a game to reflect each and every flavor of sexuality out there, unless it's the expressed purpose of the game.

It's literally one other flavor of sexuality, Xaromir.

MC nor any other type of media couldn't possibly hope to represent the myriad of human sexuality out there

You don't have to care or anything, but you shouldn't be so upset at anyone else caring and voicing their concerns.

It's literally one other flavor of sexuality, Xaromir.

MC nor any other type of media couldn't possibly hope to represent the myriad of human sexuality out there

You don't have to care or anything, but you shouldn't be so upset at anyone else caring and voicing their concerns.

Next gay pride parade, i will come round and flamboyantly whine about the lack of variety in the food stalls and dining options available.

Yes - generally there is nothing wrong with that, but always and anywhere is just not the place for that. Can't we just trust DF to do a good job for once?

€dit:

In other news - i just found out the X on the moon will be visible again on Saturday. :)

LUNAR_X.JPG

Okay, but just understand that anywhere and always isn't the default, and is not the aim. Just acknowledge that and we're good.

The fact that we can ask DF for something like inclusiveness is great, because like Brad said you just can't do that with bigname devs backed by publishers. It's also great that DF is willing to step up to the challenge.

Also I see no X. I can't see the moon half the time, let alone an X floating millions of lightyears away

Okay, but just understand that anywhere and always isn't the default, and is not the aim. Just acknowledge that and we're good.

The fact that we can ask DF for something like inclusiveness is great, because like Brad said you just can't do that with bigname devs backed by publishers. It's also great that DF is willing to step up to the challenge.

Also people like to see characters like themselves in games.

Personally I hope that they use a bell curve for determining which sex heroes are attracted to, but that's just me.

There was a thing about same sex relations, interracial and trans gender, and people from DF have taken a note of it, i feel by now people have covered the major things, and we should be able to let it go, because i feel that it's just starting to get absurd.

Opposing Fed's hopes: I wouldn't mind if the heroes personality would be determined by randomness.

In WoW i used to RP as a nightelf with an unhealthy attraction to tree-holes, his skin was more of a blue tone, but his druids staff sure was purple.

Let me help you out with the X on the moon.

lunarx.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_X

There's been exactly one thread about two of those things. Trans* people were never brought up for MC, except for that one really lousy comparison that guy that left (*evil laugh*) made. The discussions relating to both topics have been kept within their respective threads, so really everyone's being pretty chill about it

Now, about the near-endless amount of online articles mis-quoting Brad's RPS interview saying that there will 100% for sure no doubts about it be the inclusion of same-sex marriages? Yeah, those guys can give it a rest. Seriously, just try looking up "Massive Chalice" in Google and see what comes up.

If i'd be working at DF at the kickstarter game i'd be pretty pissed by now. Thankfully i don't and i can watch cute cats and people hurting themselves in funny ways on youtube which is much more pleasant.

I'm honestly finding the majority of the Massive Chalice backers a lot more interesting than the majority of the Broken Age backers.

LOL! I don't know about that. These ones just seem less snobbish for the most part.

LOL! I don't know about that. These ones just seem less snobbish for the most part.

Germans.

Also I see no X. I can't see the moon half the time, let alone an X floating millions of lightyears away

But the moon is only 238,900 miles away...