Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Thinking about this whole gay marriage thing. Once it's legal in all 50 states. How long until two guys/girls with the same first name tie the knot? I bet that's gonna be confusing at Thanksgiving.

I imagine it's probably already happened with a heterosexual couple where both have a gender-neutral name or nickname, like Ashley, Sam, or Taylor.

Hmmm... I'd do it. One problem with this look, especially for a man. Is the maintenance. Like you have to shave regularly. And then there's the possibility of makeup to balance out the masculinity with some feminine touches. And I'd have to put some consideration into hairstyle. I think something like a pompadour, that looks good on everyone and I think it's a very unisex kind of style.

It's okay, hot. We just hiveminded, that's not a bad thing.

I've wanted to experiment with a more androgynous look myself, but my sister and my dad have voiced disapproval at anything that isn't a traditional "feminine" look for me.

Raggle fraggle tumblr is making me mad again. Or rather that bs going down in Texas about an anti-abortion bill is what's making me mad.

It's like you can't say enough times, hey if you're a man and you identify as such you don't get to say what women to with their bodies okay. You don't get to have any say at all, period. It's not your body, go away. Your ideas and your opinions don't matter, it's not your goddamn body you don't have a say at all

Raggle fraggle tumblr is making me mad again. Or rather that bs going down in Texas about an anti-abortion bill is what's making me mad.

It's like you can't say enough times, hey if you're a man and you identify as such you don't get to say what women to with their bodies okay. You don't get to have any say at all, period. It's not your body, go away. Your ideas and your opinions don't matter, it's not your goddamn body you don't have a say at all

No you can't say enough times because those people aren't exactly rational and aren't exactly approaching the discussion as a woman's right (obviously) but that "killing" babies is wrong and killing makes god mad

Now if you'll excuse them they have to go hang out with their old grandfather Jimbo in the nursing home so he can tell them about the good ol'days when a man could lynch a negro and get away with it, because family first.

This is when you start explaining what an eptopic pregnancy is and how male primates are perfectly capable of sustaining one if a blastocyst gets inside them..... >8^D

If the baby was conceived with the person's husband consensually, and they were intentionally trying for a baby, but something went wrong with the pregnancy, she should talk about it with her husband first. Otherwise, the man gets no say.

If something goes wrong with the pregnancy than I don't want my wife wasting time to tell me shit. Not to make light of the whole aboration thing but we can try for another baby. I can't replace my wife. And those situations tend to be time critical.

Depends on severity. If it's going to require major surgery it's best to have a plan in place, like who watches any other children and how the procedure gets paid for. And even if it's out patient she might not be able to drive herself home.

I just found out that Max Berry has a new dystopian novel about using language as a weapon. I am super excited about this. Anyone who hasn't read his previous dystopian masterpiece Jennifer Government should. It's about a near-future where corporations have replaced government as world powers and all the crazy shit that comes with that. It's scary, fascinating and darkly comic, with just enough campy action to make it all go down smooth. *goes to reread Jennifer Government*

Oooh, those sound like great novels! Language as a weapon has always fascinated me. There should really be more video games out there that incorporate that idea, like Dangan Ronpa.

The way the synopsis describes it, there seems to be an almost pseudoscience/fantasy implementation. Which isn't quite as clever as I thought it would be considering his last novel's relative realism. But I have always enjoyed the idea that there's some secret magic in words that could be tapped into if you knew how, and he's keeping it grounded enough in that the powers only affect people so I'm still excited for it.

Random thought. I know the term Video Game implies in itself a visual element but why aren't we making more games for blind people? I mean take away the visual element of a game and you still have input and sound, and tactile feedback with rumble packs and some of the more fringe feedback accessories and controllers. It seems to me that a range of enjoyable digital gaming experiences should be possible with these elements and yet nobody is really doing anything with it from what I can tell. It wouldn't even need to be exclusive to the blind. You could make a traditional video game with visuals and still build it in a way that a blind person could play it just as well without the visual element.

I remember an article in EGM years ago about a blind man who played all kinds of games. He really liked Mortal Kombat apparently. He would look up the combos and have his PC read them out to him.

Well that's cool! Glad to see this is something that people developing games are implementing. Currently reading about how to design IF that considers the needs of Audio Gamers so I figured I'd bring up the topic as it relates to gaming overall.

I read about someone like that too leroy. He wasn't just good at games though, he had actually mastered a simple method of echo-location, using clicking sounds and listening for how they echoed off objects to get and idea of the layout around him. Some superhero level stuff this kid could do.

I'm trying really hard to remember why I hated chuggaaconroy a few years ago.He doesn't seem that bad.