Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Dealing with a person who's trying to convince me that because science says "there's stuff out there we haven't discovered yet", that her belief in fairies and unicorns is totally valid ("Everything that hasn't been proven also hasn't been disproven, right?"), and any scientist who doesn't realize that hasn't even passed their 101 courses, and she, with no science degree, is clearly much more well-educated than me, someone who is about to graduate with a Bachelor's in Psychology.

MFW:

tumblr_n1j00pca8d1qz9m8ao1_1280.gif

tumblr_inline_n28wd9XOWj1r04g7t.gif

Personally, I'd go with this:

tumblr_m9vw2glUnH1ry10fwo1_500.gif

And I thought Guise of the Wolf couldn't get any worse...

I kid you not: THE END CUTSCENE(S) ARE NOTHING BUT PAN/ZOOMS OVER IMAGES LIKE THIS:

4EFCBF4317856D3A5FDBDBBF741937F7C8E9D02C

No, seriously. The 'bad' ending (still not sure if I can summon the energy to go get the 'good' one) is a solid minute of pans and zooms over incredibly amateurish images just like this.

Of particular note is the black bar on the right side of the picture. I didn't add that.

...I have no words.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/gdc-plot-is-highly-overrated-in-games-says-devs

I think:

a) It shows how awful/characterless/dumb the plots often are in video games.

b) That the game design/balancing/story/level design often isn't good/varied enough to go through finishing it. The days when you enjoyed to torture yourself in order to finish each game, also mediocre ones, are over since years.

c) The interactivity and a game usually offers more complexity, can be not this linear and can distract you from the story (even more) if it isn't embedded wisely, like in those great point & click adventures where puzzles and story interloop.

Finally it depends on the game, story driven games also need a story, Tetris doesn't. If you're making a game which involves a story, then it should be a great one, otherwise you shouldn't whine around that people don't remember it or finish a game due to it. A large part of the video games business still is in a premature state and they also receive the audience they've bred. Thinking of DF and the DFA, Schafer should be thankful that initially he had supports who weren't expecting a shallow experience from him. On the other side it's easier to impress the rest.

Incredibles 2 makes the most sense out of all the Pixar movies for a sequel since it left it open with the family continuing to fight together as heroes. I can't wait for it.

Although Finding Dory sounds like it could be good too, considering when you first meet her in the first film she had lost her family.

Cars 3 I'm not so sure about. I wasn't the biggest fan of Cars to begin with (although it grew on me, once I got over the fact that it was basically just Doc Hollywood with Cars). The second movie was a letdown to me (although my sister and her boyfriend like it, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to give Cars 2 a second chance, after all I didn't like Cars 1 either on the first viewing).

I just wish Disney hadn't turned them into a sequel machine. There's a lot of talent there for coming up with clever original ideas, it's a shame to see them start to get away from that.

Incredibles 2 makes the most sense out of all the Pixar movies for a sequel since it left it open with the family continuing to fight together as heroes. I can't wait for it.

Although Finding Dory sounds like it could be good too, considering when you first meet her in the first film she had lost her family.

Cars 3 I'm not so sure about. I wasn't the biggest fan of Cars to begin with (although it grew on me, once I got over the fact that it was basically just Doc Hollywood with Cars). The second movie was a letdown to me (although my sister and her boyfriend like it, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to give Cars 2 a second chance, after all I didn't like Cars 1 either on the first viewing).

I just wish Disney hadn't turned them into a sequel machine. There's a lot of talent there for coming up with clever original ideas, it's a shame to see them start to get away from that.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Pixar really needs to have at least one original film in development. Every single one they've made have been spectacular. Granted, the sequels are always good, but I'd much rather see Original content. Cars 3 only exists for toy merchandising, I would wager. And it wouldn't surprise me if there was similar logic with the Incredibles 2 (It lends itself very well to action figures, and even gaming. Disney Infinity play sets galore...)

True about Disney Infinity, which is a shame, since I thought The Incredibles playset was the weakest of the default 3.

Yeah, I saw that earlier this evening.

The art style is fantastic. They've really nailed the look of it, and the voices - from what little we hear, sound almost identical to the show.

The key is whether the story will be good or not. I'm hoping it is. I SO want this not to suck.

New TMM Chapter Excerpt

The sudden quietness of the house began to get the better of Fawful, and he found himself slowly falling asleep as Davies lit himself another cigarette. The last few hours had tired him, and right when he thought he was going to finally slip, he began to hear a loud thumping from upstairs, which got louder and louder after a few moments. Davies quickly put out his cigarette in the marble ashtray on the coffee table, pulled his pistol, and headed upstairs with Fawful in tow.

As they reached the top of the stairs, the two found Coolsome and Marsden standing outside Avistew’s door, still locked but not for long, because Marsden was slamming his fist on it in furious anger and looked about ready to break it down. Coolsome looked slightly frightened and was in a cold sweat. Davies put his pistol back in his shoulder holster and slowly started to approach them.

“What’re you doing?”

Marsden stopped before he could hit the door again. He then gave the two of them a death stare that frightened Fawful slightly.

“We found Morris’ body in a room down the hall.” He spoke through gritted teeth. At that point, Fawful came out from behind Davies.

“What?”

“Yeah, his throat was cut and he’s got a knife wound in his stomach. There’s blood all over the damn floor.”

“You better not have touched anything in there,” Davies said.

“No, we didn’t,” Coolsome said. “But when we were going down the hall we saw Avistew bolt out of that room into hers.”

Fawful looked confused. “I thought Marsden administered morphine to her!”

“Yes, I did,” Marsden said, “but I only injected her with a small amount, enough to put her to sleep. It must have worn off.”

“But how could she have gotten into the room?!” Coolsome looked very worried at that point. “And how could she have killed all those people, including her own husband? It doesn’t make sense!”

Marsden turned to Coolsome. “I know what I saw. You saw it, too. It’s insane and borderline impossible, but this is all the proof that we need!”

Davies stepped past the others. “I’m going to go look at the body. Nobody do anything stupid until I get back.”

And with that, Davies disappeared into Daishi’s study.

Marsden pounded on the door again. “Open this fucking door before I break it down!”

Fawful stood right next to Marsden and stared right into his burning eyes. “Don’t you understand? She couldn’t have committed the other murders because she had neither the opportunity nor the reason!”

Marsden returned the stare coldly and stepped back from the door.

No one here is innocent unless they’re dead.”

He then delivered a swift kick to the door and finally sent it down, the wood cracking and splinter flying from the hinges. Davies ran out of the room with his gun out, and the other three quickly went into the room to try to stop Marsden from what it seemed he was about to do.

Instead they found the room empty with the back window flung open, the shades flowing along with the cold night breeze.

Someone showed me this yesterday and the other person that was watching it started to cry. I think it's really cute.

sdUUx5FdySs

No one here is innocent unless they’re dead.”
That almost makes up for the rick-roll.

...ALMOST.

What is the purpose/use/incentive of getting Steam game trading cards?

I've kinda put them in a situation where some think that even the ones who can be proven innocent still have the possibility of being the murderer.

Remember Death on the Nile, anyone?

My roomate's an actor and he practices reading his dialogues when I'm in the room. I don't know much about acting but I have to say it's really entertaining.

To sell them during sales to get enough money to buy some super cheap shit.

Crafting card sets gets you coupons, badges to show off on your profile, and profile backgrounds/emotes. You also get experience from it, which eventually levels you up. When you level up, you get more friends list slots and sometimes extra customization stuff for your profile page.

If you don't care about that sort of stuff, just sell whatever cards you get on the Steam marketplace.

If you can really dedicate yourself to it and know what you're doing, you can sell some cards for a fair bit. Then use what you get from that card to get other items that become valuable in the future, sell those, and so on and so forth

It's alot of work but it can seriously be worth it in the end. I have a friend that's got so much dosh in his Steam Wallet that he can buy games no problem while still living off his meagre paycheck.

I just had a huge breakthrough in figuring out why my team didn't seem to be getting my point regarding alot of things in the game project.

Basically when someone says "Survival Horror" they're thinking of it as a single all-encompassing term for a certain kind of gameplay. Whereas when I think of it I'm thinking "Survival" and "Horror" as different independent things, in this case survival being indicative of the gameplay and horror being indicative of the narrative style. Kind of like how "Sci-Fi Puzzle/FPS" isn't a single defined type of game. (This is probably not true for the majority of people but its the easiest way to think of the game)

Like they think Bioshock and LIMBO are horror games when really they aren't, but it's true that the narrative in both those games are kind of disturbing and creepy, much like alot of horror stuff is.

I'm going to try to explain this to them tomorrow and hopefully then I won't be hearing any more "But this isn't like a typical horror game! Where are the jumpscares? What are we doing for combat?? How do we limit the controls and camera in a non-annoying way???"

I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

I got a £5 of 30 voucher on Amazon, and I have 3 PS Vita games I want to get but can't decide between them.

Do I pre-order Deception IV, or buy Ys, or do I go for Danganronpa?

EDIT: I decided on Ys in the end because YYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

BECK HAS AIR DASHES, GROUND POUNDS, AND A BACK JUMP! THIS IS MAKING ME RIDICULOUSLY HAPPY!

acQj71oGAB8

@Retro: I would have gone with Danganronpa, because it's the only one you picked that I know well, and it's the kind of game I want to see people putting money towards, so we get more of them ported to the West in the future.

@Fhqwhgads: Perhaps. I consider myself an Agent Scully with an Agent Mulder inside. I want to believe in the supernatural, but I just haven't seen anything that wasn't proven a hoax, and I haven't seen anything with my own eyes that I could consider proof. I was mostly upset though because she talked to me like a deluded idiot who knew nothing about science, because her belief is that anything not definitively debunked therefore absolutely exists.

@Darth: It's okay for a storyboard, but definitely unprofessional for a finished work. The bearded man reminds me of Obi-Wan's design from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

@Alcoremortis: That's an equally appropriate .gif. I'm reusing that later, thanks.

@Upcoming movies: Skeptical about the Peanuts one, but it doesn't look as bad as I had worried. Excited for Pixar sequels. Incredibles was one of my favorite films of theirs overall, and I actually sort of like Cars and its sequel. Cars 2 was interesting, because it got away with a lot of things that I don't think would have been deemed 'appropriate' with human characters.