Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

This is a legitimate error I recieved... what the hell!?

My favorite I've ever gotten was something along the lines of "Error: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

Ok, remember that video project I mentioned last week? The one I sent in last Monday?

Well, today was the actual deadline for it, so if you haven't already wished me luck with it, then do it now. Hell, wish me luck even if you DID do it before - I need all the luck I can get with this thing, I really do.

Oh god, I hope I get this... I really, REALLY want this...

Wow has the DFAF only just gotten back up recently??? Been a while, but I've been having a really awful time with alot of websites and services in general. Steam won't start at all for me now and I only get notifications on facebook in huge chunks after a couple days have passed since they were sent

Also because of that stupid Heartbleed thing I decided I should at least change the password for my main email account, except with the added security measures I'm now locked out of it until the "security waiting time" is up. Which is in a month. Blurrghjdsfkdslks

Kind of irritated at all this, but I also feel like I've been in a much better mood lately. I think I got to that acceptance stage regarding my coursework, except instead of accepting I have to do it I'm just kinda mucking around and don't care (while still slooooowly chipping away at them). Started reading fanfics again. Forgot how nice it is to read for pleasure. Also forgot how hard it is to hunt for good fanfics, but also how rewarding it is when you find the one. The absolute perfect piece of work you measure everything else against. I still remember when I was crazy over Psychonauts and I found that one perfect fanfic. Still remember the name of it, the plot, everything about it.

Sounds interesting. Mind sharing the fic?

The Psychonauts one? God it's been years and years since I've read it, and FF.net has probably gone through some changes in that time. Hopefully it's still up somewhere.

If you feel up to wading through the stuff on FF.net yourself, the fic is called "Always the Same". I'd get a link but it looks like FF.net is blocked on campus internet, maybe I'll try again later.

Edit: Haha, thank you conveniently close free coffeeshop wifi! Here's the link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2584060/1/Always-The-Same

God this was published in 2005, and I still think it holds up better compared to alot of other stuff out there. Also I'm gonna warn you, this fic deals with mushy relationship crap. It's got alot of other good stuff in it that really fits the spirit of Psychonauts, I feel, but the relationship stuff is still central to the plot. So yeah, just putting that out there if that's not your thing.

Thanks. Looks like an interesting read.

OK, serious question about my latest video review. I read through the script for the one I'm working on, and it seemed really light when it came to explaining why things didn't work, so I've gone back and rewritten it. But now I think I'm getting a little TOO analytical. *sigh* So now I have to try and space it out a bit better and watch that I don't get too wordy in places. Awesome.

So my question is... which would you guys say is better in a video review - too MUCH analysis, or too LITTLE?

If I'm gonna get it wrong, I'd rather get it wrong on the side that's least irritating. ;)

I think it sounds weird how you pronounce Moebius in English, it's Möhhbius, like Jean Giraud, Rio Reiser, Die Physiker or ..., ahh, anyway.

No idea how good/bad the game is but i had to laugh out loud when i read the quote "Kickstarter truly is making people’s dreams come true" on RPS.

OK, serious question about my latest video review. I read through the script for the one I'm working on, and it seemed really light when it came to explaining why things didn't work, so I've gone back and rewritten it. But now I think I'm getting a little TOO analytical. *sigh* So now I have to try and space it out a bit better and watch that I don't get too wordy in places. Awesome.

So my question is... which would you guys say is better in a video review - too MUCH analysis, or too LITTLE?

If I'm gonna get it wrong, I'd rather get it wrong on the side that's least irritating. ;)

Gotta stop posting questions I really want answered at the bottom of a page.

I'd prefer the over-analytical review personally. I enjoy it when people pull things apart to the minute detail in reviews (which is why I started my mega review series on my blog to highlight all the differences in different versions of the same game).

At the age of seventeen, however, he was caught in a ship wreck and washed up on shore, where he was found by Tingle. Tingle forced him to work in the Tingle Tower with his younger brother, Ankle.

Sooo yea Link ignores slavery.

At the age of seventeen, however, he was caught in a ship wreck and washed up on shore, where he was found by Tingle. Tingle forced him to work in the Tingle Tower with his younger brother, Ankle.

Evidence that Tingle is the one true evil of LoZ.

Right? I personally enjoyed the Halo games, but I know most people who hate them agree that the music was awesome. I smell Activision all over this decision.

Hope you guys enjoyed my review of An Unearthly Child, because the BBC finally got round to hitting my video with a copyright claim and I had to take it down. And it only took them three weeks! Wonderful.

Hope you guys enjoyed my review of An Unearthly Child, because the BBC finally got round to hitting my video with a copyright claim and I had to take it down. And it only took them three weeks! Wonderful.

This is how I heard the last bit in my head.

Also, i'm having issues with messaging on Steam and Skype. Teething issues with my new setup. I'm not always getting notified when I have messages, or they freeze up, and I'm unable to reboot it. Some people aren't even getting my messages. I guess a re-install is in order, which I might do later.

Man the only thing that gets in the way of me ever submitting my assignments on time is that I'm too gosh darned meticulous about everything.

I don't feel good about handing in anything that doesn't take 110% effort on my part, but as a result everything I do gets in late and my marks get docked

Edit: Also my groupmates are mad at me

Evidence that Tingle is the one true evil of LoZ.

In one of the DS games the identity of "Tingle" is like a demonic curse that afflicts innocent people and make them obsessed with rupees. Also don't forget all the skulls in cave he dug in Wind Waker.

2 disturbingly common misconceptions I would like to correct about Bob Marley, I've seen/heard so many people that are wrong about that it's embarrassing:

-"You can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time" was said by Abraham Lincon 100 years before Bob Marley said it.

-Bob Marley did not write "Smoke 2 Joints" (and neither did Sublime) the Toyes did, in the 90s.

-"You can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time" was said by Abraham Lincon 100 years before Bob Marley said it.

I already knew it was Abe.

While I find the concept of Hatsune Miku a little uncanny valley, (I like anime, well.. casually anyway, but watching a hatsune miku performance on youtube feels unsettling enough that I have to tab out, haha), I have to admit the music is pretty good.

And I have exactly the right amount of money in my PSN account to get the first game on vita...

Goddamn it! This game is reverberating my Rhythm Game Obsession so damn hard right now... X__X

(ALL THE RHYTHM GAMES! I MUST PLAY THEM ALL!!!!)

(ALL THE RHYTHM GAMES! I MUST PLAY THEM ALL!!!!)

If you like challenging rhythm platformers you should definitely try 140 if you haven't already. It's an awesome game that deserves more attention. I wish I had good enough reflexes to get through the mirror levels, but I'm probably getting too old for those.

@Leroy Octopus: Nice. I'll have to watch that tonight.

@hot: I'm pretty sure we've already discussed and been in agreement about the sensuality of Leroy's voice.

Gonna have a quick vent.

I think it's time for me to start looking for another job, I'd never quit my current one (which I've held for about three years) without first securing another one, but I'm going to start applying around the intention of resigning from my current the moment I get something. The reason for this is just today, I get into work for one of my infrequent shifts and everything is just so different. I had two amazing wonderful managers and one of them resigned between today and my last shift a few days ago, the other took two weeks annual leave, that makes it sound to me like she's going to wind up resigning too. I dunno... like I said everything was just so different there were frankly just so many new polices and directives in place today, weird new ways of doing the registers and frankly bizarre and unnecessary decisions made by the new management that was sent in that just make everything take longer, for the majority of today I felt like I was just in between two managers who were giving me conflicting messages and instructions the whole time, without communicating with each other. I know it may be an overreaction, and management changes are common and you can't always be working for people that make it easy, but damn I was in a good funk with my work - now I'm not looking forward to my shifts at all. It just struck me today that I think this is it for me, like I said I'm not going to resign until I have something else locked down, that would be fucking stupid, but I'm sure gonna try to find something else, it's probably for the best - I've been working this job a bit too long anyway without much change.

Kind of in a similar boat as you, dinnerordie. The main problem with my job - aside from the lack of communication I seem to get from management* - is the constant till calls. I'm floor staff, so I'm supposed to be filling shelves. I am NOT supposed to routinely spend half an hour stuck on a till while all the OTHER floor staff get to jump off because we've not got enough till staff and nobody feels like helping me get off.

I've been doing this job for around... let's see, it'll be five years in September so... around 4 3/4 years, and I've never really enjoyed it. It's just been a job to do. But ever since I ended up actually being ASSIGNED to tills a couple of years back (and it took me nearly a year to get re-assigned to the shop floor because I F**KING HATE TILLS), it's like my soul has just been crushed by the place and it's never really healed. I'm fed up with the customers constantly messing up the shelves. I'm fed up with constantly having to jump on tills. I'm fed up with kids - oh ZOD am I fed up with those irritating little s**ts - and I'm just fed up with the whole damn thing.

I need a better job. I'm not the most skilled person in the world, I know, but I just know I deserve better than this.

*Good example of this. We're supposed to have a new range of stock come in. It's a big line and there's all sorts of promotions for it, and on the Sunday I'm asked by the Assistant Manager (since the ACTUAL Manager doesn't work Sundays) if I can come in early on the Monday so I can sort it all out. I do so, coming in at 11, only to be told by the Manager that I needn't have bothered because the new stock's not coming in until Tuesday. Worse, he KNEW this at around 8 AM, but thought I wouldn't have appreciated him calling me to tell me. Uh, YES I WOULD. So he tells me to come in around lunchtime on the Tuesday to come in and separate the new lines from the delivery, since the line only 'goes live' Wednesday so we can't put it out until the store closes and we can get it ready for the next day. So I come in around 12:30 and... they've already separated the stock. FUUUUUUUUU-

I kind of want to play that game now. Are you just reviewing minigames/downloadable games Leroy?

Retail jobs are soul-sucking in general I think. For those of us in the home of the free and the brave: what is a till Darth? I assume you're not using it to steer your sail boat.