Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

My leg muscle keeps twitching. Gah! Stop it leg!

It's very annoying.

In good news, I've managed to find a version of Pseudo Saturn that lets me play Panzer Dragoon Zwei and even better: Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Now I will be able to play the Saturn's most infamously expensive game. For free! Mwahaha!

Not that I was going to get MGV anyway. I am still rolling my eyes over their convenient excuse for having a nearly naked eye candy lady in their game, and their suggestion that once we learned the reason, we would feel very foolish about our assumptions. Aaaaand thereby proving that video games are still fighting an uphill battle against entrenched childishness.

Don't worry, in a few years when the Islamification of Europe is complete you can enjoy European video games with female characters in their niqabed glory

Not sure if trying to make a joke or a point...

not sure if joke or just paranoia from being called a racist/islamophobe by leftist liberal cucks and muslims when discussing women rights, lgbt issues and other western values with aforementioned muslims.

Didn't know you were on the right, Jel.

@Anemone What's wrong with seeing nudity. If you want to get married and have kids, you're gonna have to go through with it.

Not that I was going to get MGV anyway. I am still rolling my eyes over their convenient excuse for having a nearly naked eye candy lady in their game, and their suggestion that once we learned the reason, we would feel very foolish about our assumptions. Aaaaand thereby proving that video games are still fighting an uphill battle against entrenched childishness.

Don't worry, in a few years when the Islamification of Europe is complete you can enjoy European video games with female characters in their niqabed glory

Not sure if trying to make a joke or a point...

not sure if joke or just paranoia from being called a racist/islamophobe by leftist liberal cucks and muslims when discussing women rights, lgbt issues and other western values with aforementioned muslims.

Didn't know you were on the right, Jel.

@Anemone What's wrong with seeing nudity. If you want to get married and have kids, you're gonna have to go through with it.

Here we go again.

*raises feminist issue about unnecessary sexualization of female characters in games*

Inevitable replies:

"What, you don't like naked girls or something?"

"Hey, lots of games have guys with their shirts off. You think girls don't like guys with their shirts off?"

etc etc

I shouldn't even have said anything. This always ends in disappointment.

I'm just gonna say it: I thought Emperor's Tomb was a better Indiana Jones game than Fate of Atlantis.

I'm just gonna say it: I thought Emperor's Tomb was a better Indiana Jones game than Fate of Atlantis.
I've only played a little bit of it so far, but I get where you're coming from. It definitely has the pacing and general feel of the films much more than a traditional adventure game ever could.

I am having SUCH a hard time getting through the first Tomb Raider movie. This thing's a mess.

As I was putting my rubbish away in the recycling bin, I noticed this very pretty Comma butterfly resting on our fence.

I decided to take a photo of it with my phone.

etAKtfI.jpg

I've only played a little bit of it so far, but I get where you're coming from. It definitely has the pacing and general feel of the films much more than a traditional adventure game ever could.

A lot of what helps is the combat system.

There's just two problems I have with it: no checkpoints and a fantastical ending. That final level felt like it just didn't belong, as well as that boss battle in the Temple of Kong Tien. I mean, dragon and a demon wing lady? Yeah right. It doesn't fit in with canon, especially with how this takes place right before The Temple of Doom.

"The Eleven is a Time Lord who retains each one of his personalities every time he regenerates; now in his Eleventh incarnation, he is an insane sociopath."

What if that happens to me if I regenerated!

As I was putting my rubbish away in the recycling bin, I noticed this very pretty Comma butterfly resting on our fence.

I decided to take a photo of it with my phone.

etAKtfI.jpg

I see your Comma and raise you a couple of European Peacocks.

2009-08-03_11-59-34.jpg

2009-08-12_09-11-32.jpg

2009-08-17_13-04-40.jpg

2009-08-03_11-59-34.jpg.13f64dfaef6cebbf

2009-08-12_09-11-32.jpg.6d3855fad3718060

2009-08-17_13-04-40.jpg.de128ccdde220f2c

Yo Johro, one down two to go!

The second base pickoff call was crap today, but that said, before review, that call would have stood 10/10 anyways. That's baseball. Now it's either do something that's only been done twice before, or go home for the season.

Yo Johro, one down two to go!

The second base pickoff call was crap today, but that said, before review, that call would have stood 10/10 anyways. That's baseball. Now it's either do something that's only been done twice before, or go home for the season.

It's time to shut ESPN and all the sports pundits up once and for all. :)

I should point out that I'm not a die-hard or bandwagon fan. I've been a casual fan for about 15 years. I watch games when I can and know almost all the players, but not much beyond that. Hockey is my #1 then Baseball, Tennis, NFL, CFL are all jousting for #2.

If anyone buys Rifftrax VODs you should check out Rollergator. It is the WORST film I have ever seen and I've seen Manos Plan 9 The Room Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny and Fun in Balloon Land!

Siggghhhh I really wish things would stop happening long enough for me to get some work done. Really getting behind schedule on uni assignments and the silence from my faculty regarding some of those assignments is not encouraging

But hey, I started playing Tales of Monkey Island last night. It's starting off pretty good but ooooohh, I really don't like how the movement works. What the heck is wrong with pointing and clicking to move in a point-n-click game, Telltale???

Siggghhhh I really wish things would stop happening long enough for me to get some work done. Really getting behind schedule on uni assignments and the silence from my faculty regarding some of those assignments is not encouraging

But hey, I started playing Tales of Monkey Island last night. It's starting off pretty good but ooooohh, I really don't like how the movement works. What the heck is wrong with pointing and clicking to move in a point-n-click game, Telltale???

The movement in Tales, and the other Telltale games from that period. They tried to please everyone, and ended up pleasing no one.

Still Tales of Monkey Island is pretty great. If you like episode one, then you'll probably be pretty pleased with the rest because each episode just kept getting better (IMHO).

The movement in Tales, and the other Telltale games from that period. They tried to please everyone, and ended up pleasing no one.

No. They just pushed harder for consoles / playing with a gamepad. It's easier to port that way.

Yeah, of course the consoles are the cause for the control schemes, I just don't think that they succeeded in any version.

Still Tales of Monkey Island is pretty great. If you like episode one, then you'll probably be pretty pleased with the rest because each episode just kept getting better (IMHO).

Well I'm not very far into the first episode yet, (but I am enjoying it!) but one of the problems I can see is there's a bit too many screens in some areas and the camera has alot of movement in some other places

The WASD controls would be fine, otherwise. They're still mostly okay now, much much better than the click and drag thing

I FIXED MY COMPUTER!

IT LIIII- Nah. My old computer is deader than a doorknob. I did manage to save my data, which is good enough.

The mouse on the new computer is really sensitive.

I'll try not to say anything about its weight then.

The more I hear about Shenmue 3, the gladder I am that I didn't back it and therefore don't have any real stakes in it.

The more I hear about Shenmue 3, the gladder I am that I didn't back it and therefore don't have any real stakes in it.

While I don't expect anyone to read all this 3 page interview I found after I posted that but it did put my fears aside as he goes into detail what he will do with the game with the money he has now and it sounds pretty great.

http://otakumode.com/news/55c62e97887d92a516b043ae/Interview-with-Yu-Suzuki-Producer-of-the-“Shenmue”-Series?page=1

"Right now, I aim on making production as effective as possible with the budget at our disposal. Since it will be a sequel in the Shenmue series, we will continue in the steps of its predecessors, having about five to six basic paths depending on the circumstances.

You have to think about a whole number of things. For example, with this budget, it will take place in this and that city, there will be this many bosses… Or if the budget is tight, we have to squeeze this part a little, this chapter will be unfinished, let’s just make this a movie scene instead of an interactive one, and so on. And if you add the story aspect, there will be big branches in each city at some points. Since there are many tricks to making such a game, I set a stretch goal on Kickstarter and chose contents that can be adjusted if need be. Now that the budget is confirmed, I’m in the middle of adjusting the details in order to make specifications effective to the maximum. I was doing that just before this interview, too."