Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Thought he was going to say something like, "Remember the Stark words: Spring is Coming"

It would be cool if Chris Remo or even someone less awesome included a "img {max-width: Xpx}" (X being some integer) or something in the CSS for the forums. Some people post ridiculously large images. Are they doing it to taunt us with their amazing high resolution extra wide monitors? I know there are greasemonkey and user scripts that fix this, but I think it would be better if it was fixed for everyone. I'm a bit worried that if they touch the css again it might break even more though.

I just remembered that there's a thread for this, so I necroed it.

Today the doctor ripped a piece of tissue from my nose, and tomorrow hes going to do it again! Oh joy! :D

There is a new Exo comic which is awesome. <3

May contain cats.

http://www.exocomics.com/279

Go away tomorrow, i'm not ready yet. T_T

Graduation is sneaking up on me faster than a tortoise on caffeine and I hardly feel ready. Although that's probably because I'm so used to graduation being far away that the feeling is kinda stuck there and refuses to budge. So now I'm tied between carrying on life as usual and racing to get my portfolio and assignments done before school ends.

In other news, whiteboards are ridiculously fun to draw on, though a little strange-feeling compared to my tablet or my sketchbook. But they used the good one for a staff meeting or something this week so I couldn't draw on it. Bummer. Maybe it'll be free again next week...

I feel the same way you do about graduation, except all the time about most events in my life. I'm sure you'll be okay though. Here's a comic by Marlo Meekins that illustrates how most people in that kind of situation feel, and how it too shall pass. She has alot of other really great, and really weird and funny advice about everyday stuff

I'm thinking about making some kinda really short text-based game as a C++ exercise because I've been slacking hard in that department. Or maybe revisiting that forum-based RPGmaker game

Oooohhh I've always wanted to try my hand at making an RPG Maker game! I haven't had the time lately unfortunately D: I've toyed with the engine a little in the past, though, and I've seen some cool stuff come out of it, especially recently.

I have a great picture of a corpse with a hole straight through it's face, which expresses my feelings perfectly, though i will refrain from posting that, due to this being a family-forum, so instead i post this:

tv_brain_escape.jpg

Though i wonder why they didn't bother to look it up. >.<

I'm guessing you're supposed to morph ball through that, or am I thinking of a different game?

When I get stuck the first think I do is consult a chart of controls or commands to figure out if their is anything useful or important I missed.

Crow:

MIA? Where was he stationed? A few friends got KIA in Afghanistan some years back. :/

Fed:

More on the morph ball:

I'm guessing you're supposed to morph ball through that, or am I thinking of a different game?

When I get stuck the first think I do is consult a chart of controls or commands to figure out if their is anything useful or important I missed.

Not only are you supposed to use the morph ball there, it's litterally 5 seconds after you get the morph ball and the game tells you how to morph ball. Kids these days.

Not only are you supposed to get the morph ball there, it's litterally 5 seconds after you get the morph ball and the game tells you how to morph ball. Kids these days.

The game doesn't give you any tutorial on how to morhp ball. so unless it's in the settings or inventory menu, they don't explain it anywhere. I've seen people getting stuck the mopment they get the morph ball.

But this is 10 minutes into the game. There's a ton of energy tanks and missile upgrades to be found Not to mention the advanced techniques like wall jumping and bomb jumping. Metroid gets even more fun when you learn how to sequence break.

Sad thing is that Nintendo is still rereleasing 50hz games in Europe. The received a lot of complaints after Balloon Fight and then decided to give Europe the American NTSC version of F-Zero. Why can't they stick to them 60hz games? EU tv's have been using 60hz for the past 2 decades.

Even worse, in the NTSC version you can choose between English and japanese subtitles. The EU version makes you choose between bad translations in German or French, that appear as extra subtitle on screen :(.

they ask ridiculous prices for their NES and SNES titles, but a ot of them are unplayable on the Wii using a component cable. One reason i bought the WiiU is that those Wii VC titles are actually playable using HDMI.

I didn't get stuck until that bridge that dissolves under your feet. I had to look that up. Didn't know there was a run button.

I wouldn't mind helping someone out on a game. I admit, it's not something I have a ton of experience with, but I have all summer to learn.

Today is the final of the Grand Prix De Eurovision De La Chanson, or in non-retard: Eurovision Song Contest. The music ALWAYS sucks great big donkey balls, but it's hilarious as hell. My GF told me that Romania may have a transvestite this year, which sounds like fun.

Anyone else watching?

18231112.gif

It's the one day where the world can point to Europe and mock and gloat without end.

Today is the final of the Grand Prix De Eurovision De La Chanson, or in non-retard: Eurovision Song Contest. The music ALWAYS sucks great big donkey balls, but it's hilarious as hell. My GF told me that Romania may have a transvestite this year, which sounds like fun.

Anyone else watching?

It's not the worst, yet I feel ashamed of my country

KW2LdphU7TU

Meh, Belgium was bad, but Romania was a lot worse and is coming last, and i'm going to vote 20x for Hungary to piss of my GF because she managed to kill my mood. I quite liked Malta, they where fun and happy, a lot better than the crappy kitsch everyone else came up with. I'm somewhat surprised that Bonnie Tyler was this bad, she used to be at least "ok".

Well, not a particularly great evening anyways, they all take themselves too serious.

Teaching myself how to crochet. All my lady friends IRL are learning how to knit, and I have crochet hooks already...

I'm just making potholders to practice the basic stitches. Right now I'm working with dark green, standard weight cotton wool.

xD I love this video. Jon Stewart is right, nobody knows anything about belgium, so you can't laugh at us.

MDzpOJEy180

Ohman, I'm freaking out pretty hard right now. I decided to use The Sims 3 to make a replica of one of my college buildings thinking it'd be easy, but I'm learning that alot of the effects and architecture shown off in the games require pretty extensive knowledge of the game and alot of engine manipulation to get everything just so

I'm supposed to have at least a shell of the building ready to pass on to my group on Tuesday but I've been hopping from one youtube video to the next trying to make sense of things

The worst part is there is ALOT of material online detailing how to get these effects, but they don't explain them in a way that applies universally. So you could make that one swanky roof design for a building this dimension, but it doesn't scale up or down, or work at all in some cases.

If this gets too hard I might just switch to Minecraft. I get Minecraft