Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

1. Go to a youtube video.

2. Pause youtube video.

3. Type 1980.

4. Chaos ensues.

BONUS ROUND!!!: Click on the white space nest to the comments, type 1337.

“I literally cannot leak fast enough”- Brad Muir

Nice quote. What's the source? Something in the MC forums?

We should all add links to our quotes like Double H has.

Shouldn't the contraction of can not be cann't technically? I don't pay as much attention in english as i should but 'cann't' just seems right.

That would be more consistent with "isn't", "wasn't" and the other "n't"s. It looks silly though. Too much emphasis on the "nn"s makes it look like it's supposed to be articulated with a groan. I'm no English professor though. I'm not even a native speaker of the language. Maybe Anemone could shed some light on this mystery.

I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye just then, it was a moth.

It freaked me out because it was flying towards me so out of instinct I threw my hand up, backhanding the moth in the face.

It fell.

Dead.

As Ghenki would say, murder time, fun time!

Cannot is a compound of can and not. Isn't is a contraction of "is not", don't a contraction of "do not". Cannot is unique but for contractions is treated as can not and so becomes can't.

English can be infuriatingly inconsistent. Personally I like it though, it gives the language personality.

I thought the issue was that one of the n's mysteriously dissapear when you contract can and not. How does your science explain that one, Bookdust?

I thought the issue was that one of the n's mysteriously dissapear when you contract can and not. How does your science explain that one, Bookdust?

Simple, can't with two n's looks stupid.

Come on scarecrow, when has that ever stopped the English language before?

Simple, can't with two n's looks stupid.

Come on scarecrow, when has that ever stopped the English language before?

Like I said: English is inconsistent. Probably owing to how healthy it is and the fact that anyone who speaks it contributes to its evolution.

Comcast guy is here hooking up our cable and better internet. I am excited.

Keep a close eye on your bills. Comcast likes to not honor promotions people sign up for, or simply later change the pricing.

Comcast guy is here hooking up our cable and better internet. I am excited.

I have Comcast internet. It's pretty damn fast and more reliable than my old DSL connection was, but yes, take heed of Inm8num2's advice. They really love to try to get away with that sort of stuff.

We have the cable and internet setup now and everything seems to be working alright. I haven't setup the PS3 with it yet, but I will soon.

Anybody else got a weird craving for cookies?
No, but I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos. :P

I've got a craving for some solid food before going to bed.

Stayed up a bit late watching the PAX stream with Double Fine while sewing name tags to some clothes my wife has knitted for the kids. She knits a lot and is really great at it, but she's not very good at sewing, so I get to do that. I'm not exactly good at it either, but I some experience with it while I was in the military, so that's kind of my job.

Anybody else got a weird craving for cookies? Om nom nom.

I wouldn't typically categorize a craving for cookies as weird. Only if they're weird cookies.

Y'know, I'm not really a random person.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

You're right. That's not random at all.

LMD33jk4d3-2.png

Exactly, there's one right there. What more proof do you need.

Trying to decide if it's wearing a hair net or not. Good food hygiene points if it is. Though it must surely loose those points for the bare butt.

Since there's nothing resembling a 'rate the last film you watched' thread here (a shocking oversight I demand you rectify IMMEDIATELY), I might as well say it here - The Expendables is one great big pile of "meh".

It's not rating movies necessarily, but there is this. http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/1160/

The search function is garbage for these forums. There was an old admin who messed with all the forum code for some reason. The current admins are still trying to sort it out.

Oh, perfect. Much obliged, good sir.

I'd give you another cookie, but, uh...

cookie-monster.jpg

It's not rating movies necessarily, but there is this. http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/1160/

The search function is garbage for these forums. There was an old admin who messed with all the forum code for some reason. The current admins are still trying to sort it out.

i think search was junk even before klint messed with things

another way is by using google with "site:doublefine.com/forums" in your search phrase. sometimes it works a little better than the forum search function.