Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Sadly, that's very similar to what happened with me. I hardly bothered with being stealthy until I had my AI tag-along - before that it was far easier to just run away from the guards and duck behind a corner to make them lose sight of me.

Fortunately that earlier section meant most of the guards were bunched around one area looking for me while I and the AI bot went a different route, so it was all smooth sailing once I got past the initial dude guarding my +1.

Gotta love lazy programming sometimes.

Also, we in the UK are expecting heavy storms overnight. Like, REALLY bad storms. So there's a chance you may not hear from me for a day or two. If that's the case, then it'll be because the internet is out. Just a heads up.

Hey, did we have a giveaway thread anywhere? I can't be bothered to search for it and I have stuff to... well, give away.

This thread?

Hey, did we have a giveaway thread anywhere? I can't be bothered to search for it and I have stuff to... well, give away.

This thread?

That's the one, thanks.

My college pulled a really crummy move and shortened my semester by about a month, meaning alot of deadlines have been moved up and stress levels have gone through the roof.

Your college is terrible. "Hey you know that education thing you're here for? Well we're gonna have to cut that short. Okaybye."

Why did they have to shorten it?

I second this, are you going to get some sort of a refund since the professors are going to be spending a month less time teaching you or anything?

Nope, no refunds. There's a disclaimer on the receipts after you've paid for a semester that all payments are final and non-refundable. I'm gonna still try to raise hell with them

That sounds really messed up. Is this a renowned college? I don't know about Malaysian consumer law, but here putting a disclaimer like that on the receipt would be unlawful. If you paid for a full semester they should be obliged to deliver on that.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your dad, medacris. For what it's worth I think your art is amazing, so I'm sure you'll be able to make something of it either way.

If it was Berkeley, there would have been riots. Seriously. Tuition went up by $3000 and people had protest marches. Hell, professors let students out of class to go to them. Not the science professors, of course. A biochem professor is in little or no danger from any research cut because they can get grants all by themselves. It's the reason why we can have schools like Scripps that are completely funded by the billionaire professors (not even joking about that. Professors there are all crazy rich and successful, hence why they decided that La Jolla would be a perfect place for a school).

oh bummer. problem is that 99.9% of jobs require at least some social skills. there's 7 billion people on this planet and it's hard to avoid them, so don't try. i hope you can find an affordable way to get over the panic attack thing. maybe try group therapy or support groups.

I have social skills. I just don't have sit around at a cash register and occasionally talk to people skills. I was freaking out that they had me as just a cashier on some nights. It's just not something I can do.

ok what's the difference between social skills and 'sit around at a cash register and occasionally talk to people' skills? do you mean like talking to strangers? was working the till bugging you? i think cashier actually can be one of the more stressful positions in a store. you might try being a shelf stocker.

Would anyone be interested in joining in on a DFAF team for Movember?

I usually don't shave off my beard and moustache completely, but I'd be willing to do it for a good cause.

Holy shit! Metalocalypse's Doomstar Requiem special was the most metal thing in television history!
OH FUCK! I am now the saddest ever cause I missed that.

Holy shit! Metalocalypse's Doomstar Requiem special was the most metal thing in television history!
I'm sorry. I'm gonna have to take away your metalhead card until you watch it.

I'm sorry. I'm gonna have to take away your metalhead card until you watch it.
Well give it back, cause I just watched it online. There was such a great mix of metal and comedy. The part where they became a boyband out of nowhere was hilarious, as was the keep the party going song. The ending was a bit anti-climactic,

cause the doomstar just shown on them and the masked guy just died.

Overall though this special was so freaking awesome I can't wait to get the DVD because this must have been crazy to make behind the scenes.

Status update on reviews: Have currently finished 7½ minutes of review #2, and it'll end up being around 10½. Should get it finished tonight, with a bit of luck (and focus).

Will upload review #1 around 23:00 GMT, for those who are waiting for it. I'll share the link in the 'Post Your Work' thread.

EDIT: So, apparently I can record footage using a PS2 emulator, but it won't pick up sound. Bugger.

Also, I haven't got footage from the last level, and I really don't want to replay the game to get it, so I'm using footage from a German Let's Play. If I credit them for this, do you think anyone will mind?