Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

#3 is Assassin's Creed; #2 is Halo; #1 is Call of Duty.

Yes, Call of Duty is by far the most overrated franchise.

And while I may not agree with Metal Gear Solid and Kingdom Hearts, I do agree with Fable, Angry Birds and GTA.

On the fence about Final Fantasy and Sonic. To be overrated suggests that people thought certain games might have been good to begin with.

Overrated just means something is rated more than it should be. Who are you or anyone else to say that people are saying they like something more than they actually do? I don't like Call of Duty at all, but people clearly love it. I genuinely enjoy most of the Halo games. Am I somehow overrating them? I've loved every GTA game. Is my opinion wrong?

The very concept of turn-based combat is overrated.

They also call tech the only reason turn-based combat was used, ignoring that action RPGs have existed for far, far longer than they think they did.

Even if action RPGs were somehow "technically impossible" for the first 6 or so iterations, by Final Fantasy VII, where they say the series "peaked", they could have easily made a game that didn't have turn-based combat.

Every time I see somebody pretend that turn-based combat was a technical concern and the only merit is stuffing a game into a smaller space, my vision goes red and I wake up in a dumpster covered in blood five days later.

Every time I see somebody pretend that turn-based combat was a technical concern and the only merit is stuffing a game into a smaller space, my vision goes red and I wake up in a dumpster covered in blood five days later.

Maybe if you where better at fighting they would be the ones waking up in the dumpster.

What you love or hate is not an objective opinion, pretty simple stuff guys, if something is overrated it's only overrated in your eyes

Turn based combat is good in certain games, i'm not a massive fan but the bits i've played are fun.

**Nsfw/ language warning :

Gourds

If I didn't have a neighbor sleeping directly in the room above this one right now, I would have made a couple of guffaws. As it is, I quietly giggled my way through this article. I hope you enjoy.

The thing with gaming is that you're not actually obligated to like every franchise, it just feels like, as a gamer, you're obligated to play and like every mainstream game that comes out. So people get frustrated, because they feel they're "supposed to" like something that's completely opposed to everything they're into, when really, they don't have to play it just because it's the newest, latest hotness.

Anime is still like that at times, but people are slowly learning that some people only like moé and slice-of-life, some only like magical girl anime, some only watch yaoi or yuri, some people are exclusively into mecha, some prefer shonen, some couldn't care less about anime unless it was hentai/had a lot of fanservice, etc.

Seriously? Wow. That's...

Actually, that explains a lot. :P

OK, who wants to know what's happening with my reviews? Since it's been a couple of days, I've been able to use the time to rewrite the scripts for the two that I didn't get time to record last week, and since it was so sunny this morning I just got done filming them. The fact that I had a script for them meant that they went a lot quicker and are a lot more focused, so huzzah! Hopefully they'll be easier to put together as well, but we'll have to see.

Editing has now started on review #3, which hopefully shouldn't take too long to put together. HOPEFULLY. IIRC, it's a short one anyway, so that should help. :) Gotta go out and get some supplies (I'm out of

! Disaster!), but once I return it's editing all the way baby, yeah.

I just got diagnosed with ADHD. Now I'm on drugs.

YAY!

Seriously? Wow. That's...

Actually, that explains a lot. :P

That reminded me of this:

Heck yeah!

You may be wondering "what are you on!?"

I sometimes wonder the same thing.

I hope the medication helps.

I just got diagnosed with ADHD. Now I'm on drugs.

YAY!

It seems like everyone gets diagnosed with that when they're young. At some point, young people being hyperactive and finding it difficult to concentrate should stop being considered a disorder and be acknowledged as a character trait.

Seriously, it's like kids having ADHD is the new "normal." If everyone has it, it's not a disorder anymore, just a fact of life.

It seems like everyone gets diagnosed with that when they're young. At some point, young people being hyperactive and finding it difficult to concentrate should stop being considered a disorder and be acknowledged as a character trait.

Seriously, it's like kids having ADHD is the new "normal." If everyone has it, it's not a disorder anymore, just a fact of life.

I agree, but some do have it harder off than others. I've been there. The drugs do help, but my advice is to get off of them sooner rather than later.

Dammit, you beat me to it.

REALLY not sure what to make of that. I'm sure the final film will be awesome, but the trailer is... odd.

I agree, but some do have it harder off than others. I've been there. The drugs do help, but my advice is to get off of them sooner rather than later.

Yeah I'm just going to use them for 1 year to get through school and then get off them when I start Uni.

I was diagnosed ADHD.

and then I refused to take ritalin

dropped out of school because I lacked motivation to do anything.

I really don't understand what ritalin is supposed to accomplish. Almost everyone I've known that bounces around on ADHD meds ends up preferring Vyvanse. I'm not sure why it isn't prescribed more, so many people try methylphenidate or something like it and then just give up on meds.

I was never diagnosed with anything other than extreme boredom (okay, okay. It was a self diagnosis). I think part of the reason I developed such an active imagination and creative side can be directly linked to all the hours I spent in class bored out of my skull. Of course, this hasn't really helped now, because I find it nearly impossible to give a professor my full and undivided attention in any of the classes I take now.