Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Just had to replay my final game by Blast for some extra footage. Will NOT be finishing this by the end of the day.

*sigh* And I'd done so well...

1451503_613414635386349_1506405285_n.jpg

*use* Haribo *Use with* Rice pudding.

Also, nooooo to you not finishing the video Darth! I was planning and watching it over breakfast!

*use* Haribo *Use with* Rice pudding.

Also, nooooo to you not finishing the video Darth! I was planning and watching it over breakfast!

Suudsu.PNG

Skim milk + Gummy Bears = Pure Genius!

AlbfCJRb9JI

Now you made me want to watch all of homestar runner but yesterday I uninstalled flash from my computer because I was sure I didn't need it anymore.

Ok so I got a steam code for "Gone Home" on steam if anybody wants it. Just PM me and I'll give it to the first person that wants it.

NOOOOO! I WAS TOO LATE!!!!

That'll teach me to get caught up in video editing. Stupid lousy no-good video that's compiling as I type, grumble grumble...

Ok so I got a steam code for "Gone Home" on steam if anybody wants it. Just PM me and I'll give it to the first person that wants it.

reet-And_its_gone_original.jpg

Hey all! How was everyone's Halloween? I was at two Halloween parties the past two weeks- one dressed as a Roman soldier, the other dressed as a cyclops.

Also, I had not heard about Marcia Wallace. That's sad.

As was the video about Zach.

Yeah, probably tired. I've not been sleeping well lately.

I blame the copious amounts of energy drinks I've been having lately. Trying to cut back. Headaches have ensued. Guh.

I just had my first Chemistry practical exam...

It went better than I expected...

Well it is the first experiment of the year where I didn't break something or spill too much acid...

I usually break something, burn something or simply spill large quantities of acids but luckily it was a fairly simple titration and the exam conditions made me more cautious...

I still think I mucked it up somewhere as I am awful at practicals and usually get it pretty wrong but my results at least seemed reasonable and there was no shattered glass so hopefully I got high marks...

I never really understood the point of practicals. The only things you can do in them are so basic that you'd never really use them in an actual lab and you could probably explain better how an experiment should work on paper. Whereas with a practical, if you just remember what you did in the class, you can get a good grade without having any understanding of what you're doing, which defeats the purpose of the exam. They also force you to work at an unsafe speed and there's really not a lot of opportunity for practice or study, which basically weights the grade towards the people who got it the first time around and doesn't allow the students who didn't get it then an opportunity to catch up through hard work.

If I ever end up as a professor, lab practicals would just be tossed out the window. The value of your work should be gauged by the quality and clarity of your lab notebook and analysis of your results, not how efficiently you can pipette.

See, I actually never had a chemistry practical exam. We had labs, yes, but we were graded on how we handled the weekly lab sections, kept notes on what we did, and how we presented our data, not on how we could perform a simple experiment under pressure. Knowing how to do stuff is important, but being able to do something trivial while someone is watching is really not useful.