Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

For me, I had a teacher who got annoyed that nobody talked in class, nobody ever raised their hand or asked questions, so she threatened to lower the entire classes' overall grade unless one of us spoke up. And that's why I talk in every class, even if just a little bit. In my experience, maybe one or two other kids talks up once the teacher calls on them (gender varies, depending on the class), or the class clown makes a joke unrelated to anything, but that's it. I assume, though, there's always more females on a site than people think, we just go by gender-neutral names.

I don't think I've ever listened to Ke$ha or seen V For Vendetta.

t's shit anyway.

Game wise, yes. But I think the plot was actually halfway decent. If I had the patience and the skill I'd go an edit the game into an episode. I think it would stand among the better ones of Smith's Reign.

I mean, I read this story proclaiming that feminism made great steps because a girl got on a highschool football team. And I'm like, shit, my grandma was on a highschool football team in the 40s. This is no progress at all, just propaganda to make us think stuff's changed when really it's just the same but with a bit of window dressing on.

It also occurs to me that this validates this conversation I had yesterday with a friend, where we determined that if I ever got superpowers I'd probably go supervillain. The world is a mess and I just need to... rule it.

Watch out! We got a [del]badass[/del] Femnazi over here.

Sorry but in case you TTG guys don't know it yet I've already claimed the title of Feminist Forum Overlord

Also I will SMASH anyone that uses the term "Feminazi" seriously (which hopefully you aren't. You probably aren't)

WHAT. I thought I was Feminist Dictator for Life!

We must fight! *duel wields copies of the feminine mystique*

Good luck! I'd never dare get Carl angry*.

I don't blame her for getting pissed at that shitty attitude though.

1 4 1 2 1 3 3 2 4 2 6 5 4 6 1 6 2 6 2 5 1 5 3 1 5 6 3 5 6 1 5 5 2 3 1 2

Taking the thread title quite literally? Welcome to the dark side of the forums.

I mean, I read this story proclaiming that feminism made great steps because a girl got on a highschool football team. And I'm like, shit, my grandma was on a highschool football team in the 40s. This is no progress at all, just propaganda to make us think stuff's changed when really it's just the same but with a bit of window dressing on.

It also occurs to me that this validates this conversation I had yesterday with a friend, where we determined that if I ever got superpowers I'd probably go supervillain. The world is a mess and I just need to... rule it.

Watch out! We got a [del]badass[/del] Femnazi over here.

Sorry but in case you TTG guys don't know it yet I've already claimed the title of Feminist Forum Overlord

Also I will SMASH anyone that uses the term "Feminazi" seriously (which hopefully you aren't. You probably aren't)

WHAT. I thought I was Feminist Dictator for Life!

We must fight! *duel wields copies of the feminine mystique*

Good luck! I'd never dare get Carl angry*.

I don't blame her for getting pissed at that shitty attitude though.

I think I was watching that exchange happen and was too angry to type a coherent sentence.

Carl stays coherent and eloquent when angry.

Man that thread brought me back to a similar thread we had back at TTG where I lost my shit vs a similar guy. MtnPeak.

That guy. If I ever see him on a forum again, it will be five billion years too soon. It is to him that I owe my knowledge of the phrases (to describe women) "boobies on a slender body" and "right to see a boob jiggle".

I thought that was him posting in the Government shutdown thread (mostly because of his interesting opinions, but also because of his expressed fondness for the Sierra classics and dislike for Paul Trowe both here and there).

Nah, the posting style was totally different. Comparing the attitudes from the government shutdown thread on TTG and the one here as well as the fact that I called him a good many nasty things on the TTG thread, I think he probably would have brought it up if he was here under a different name. The arguments never really seem to vary between the conservatives I've talked with. I always get the same old "Obama lied and everyone has to pay more for those people who just sit at home and watch TV all day".

I just find it hilarious that no one has anything to say when I mention that the whole idea originally came from Mitt Romney. Maybe if Romney had been elected we'd be in exactly the same position, except those same people would be the ones cheering loudest.

Nah, the posting style was totally different. Comparing the attitudes from the government shutdown thread on TTG and the one here as well as the fact that I called him a good many nasty things on the TTG thread, I think he probably would have brought it up if he was here under a different name. The arguments never really seem to vary between the conservatives I've talked with. I always get the same old "Obama lied and everyone has to pay more for those people who just sit at home and watch TV all day".

Funnily enough, I could say the same about liberals. Both sides are just spewing the same stuff over and over without any change in argument to the point where it is sickening when either one considers the other side "the problem with america", both sides are the problem and neither will own up and admit it.

The biggest problem with America is the decline of the school system. When schools started teaching to the standardized tests, all of a sudden free thinking went out the window. And it just keeps on getting worse, with more tests and more teaching to them. I think that the "logic" to it is trying to emulate China because China is really powerful right now. But really, that's a dumb way to go. China doesn't invent things, China reinvents things. Not to put down China or anything... rich culture, lovely people, etc... but their system is based on having a lot of people willing to do hard labor for pennies. We've got factories with robots that make electronics in seconds. They've got factories with a bazillion people soldering little circuits together by hand. It works for them. It wouldn't work for us. Ignoring the fact that people demand a higher standard of living, our way has been based on working smarter, not harder.

The whole reason we were at the top of the heap in the first place was because we were smarter originally. We used to emphasize schooling because we had to be smarter than the Russians and the Russians were pretty damn smart, so we had to step it up and have a great school system to out-smart them. We had to spend a lot in science because we had to out-science them as well. I mean, nobody will mention it out loud, but it was kinda embarrassing to our giant game of chicken when all of a sudden Russia had Sputnik in space and we had nada.

Now, our biggest enemies are some little countries out in the desert and the only thing they have more than us is religion. So it seems the trend is we have to out-religion them, which is a frankly depressing trend. I mean, half the complaints directed at Obama early on was that he was declaring war on religion, which was ironic, because he was also a secret Muslim. We routinely get politicians quoting scripture in speeches and making laws based on 'religious ideals' instead of what would be best for society. I put 'religious ideals' in quotes because it's only the ideals of the most extreme of the religious factions and only the Christian factions at that. Really, I wish we could go back to trying to be smarter than the Russians.

People! What are your coolest ideas for a website? I need to make something for my final project in my web programming class but I don't know what to make.

Is there a category to choose from? Cuz if not I would recommend you to make one of those very entertaining but otherwise useless sites like Breadfish (which, sadly, seems to have been converted to some GTA V forum)

People! What are your coolest ideas for a website? I need to make something for my final project in my web programming class but I don't know what to make.

You could do an candie box style HTML5 game in the page, I don't know if that's what you mean though by 'website' and IDK if you know HTML5.

You could totally make a site detailing the History, prominent members and key events in the DFAF's life.

Is there a category to choose from? Cuz if not I would recommend you to make one of those very entertaining but otherwise useless sites like Breadfish (which, sadly, seems to have been converted to some GTA V forum)

It can be pretty much anything but sadly it needs to be a bit more elaborate than breadfish. I need to store something in a database or get some info from a web service (like twitter's api for example) or both.

You could do an candie box style HTML5 game in the page, I don't know if that's what you mean though by 'website' and IDK if you know HTML5.

You could totally make a site detailing the History, prominent members and key events in the DFAF's life.

Yes I 'know html 5.' That was the point of the course. I don't want to make a game because that is a entire project on it's own and a lot of work. Making a website detailing the history of DFAF members isn't a bad idea but idk about that as a final project.

Is there anyone here that uses etsy that can answer a question for me? I bought something that is presumably already made and the shipping date is a week after I bought it. Is the shipping date somekind of weird etsy lingo for the date I'm getting it? Does the seller have the option to mark it as shipped before the week is up?

When I was on ebay people would flip out if I took 48 hours over the weekend to mark an item as shipped, even if it was on days when the mail doesn't move anywhere.

@Double H I think the coolest thing you could make a website about is Ke$ha.

It can be pretty much anything but sadly it needs to be a bit more elaborate than breadfish. I need to store something in a database or get some info from a web service (like twitter's api for example) or both.

Yes I 'know html 5.' That was the point of the course. I don't want to make a game because that is a entire project on it's own and a lot of work. Making a website detailing the history of DFAF members isn't a bad idea but idk about that as a final project.

Yeah of course you know HTML5, wtf was I thinking. I'm really tired, not thinking straight. Sorry.

Other random ideas:

-Redesign a working Obamacare site (with a budget of less than $400 000 000.)

-Create a site based on your favorite thing.

-MAKE A DINOSAUR SITE.

-Create an insult generator.

-Make a hotography (based on hot)

-Make a site based on [insert whatever here] where the content is randomly generated each time you open it.

Sorry, I'm being useless, I know nothing about HTML5 etc. I shall leave now and go to bed, please disregard everything above if it sucks. I'm too delusional from sleep deprivation to really tell.

-Make a site based on [insert whatever here] where the content is randomly generated each time you open it.

That reminded me of the Langacker bot that I helped my wife make many years ago. She even sent him an email asking if it was ok, and he responded with a simple "I don't see why not".

What is breadfish?

What is breadfish?

Basically it's a website that had this seamlessly tiled, looped animation of a fish in bread for the background, with a song playing over it, like so:

0RpdPzJgaBw

It's one of the many weird sites you can find via The Useless Web. Sadly it seems like someone got the domain name and turned it into a forum.

I have an idea:

Timecube-esque conspiracy theory page generator. Randomize the conspiracy, the the text formatting, the webpage layout...

Hmm nope. It's redirecting me to some blank page.

Edit: Wait, no. It's just one of my extensions continually blocking it despite setting an exception. Weird.

Well, my left ear is no longer giving my excruciating pain. But now I can't hear anything in the right ear. I think this is an improvement?

Well, my left ear is no longer giving my excruciating pain. But now I can't hear anything in the right ear. I think this is an improvement?

Maybe you should see a doctor?

Maybe you should see a doctor?

I gave them a ring this morning, and my complaints fell on death ears.

Sorry that was terrible.

The next doctor's appointment I can get is Monday, or I might be able to get an emergency appointment if I kick up enough of a fuss. The annoying thing is I have lectures from the surgery opening time till it closes, and it's on the other campus. I may have time tomorrow to run down, if I'm still death.

Fun fact, I shared several drinks with death on Saturday. He's a cool guy.

Fun fact, I shared several drinks with death on Saturday. He's a cool guy.
Didn't mention me, did he? I know he's booked in to see me soon, but I'm not sure exactly when...

Oh, and it's Death. With a capital D. I hear he's rather picky about that.