Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

I've been wondering if I should get a 3DS and Animal Crossing.

If you want to get a 3DS, go for the XL if you can. It's far nicer.

also more expensive, and the charging thingie is sold separately. But it's totally worth it.

Animal Crossing is a good choice in the sense that it's good value for your money. The game last hours and hours. If you played AC before, expect more of the same.

I've had a 3DS for months and animal crossing is pretty much the only game I've played so far...

I personally have found Animal crossing alone worth it for the sheer amount of replayability its only real problem is it takes a few days for the game to begin before you unlock stuff and is overall a bit slower than the previous games with a lot more buildings and features locked out until you can build them

The 3DS itself is very nice apart from the fact it doesn't come with charger and it has a pretty nice catalogue that is growing and is the only 'next gen' console I can actually recommend...

I was gonna say, mine came with the charger. The XL is the better choice though. The regular one can feel uncomfortable in your hands after longer play sessions.

Being 30 is a lot like being 20. Just with less friends and things hurt more.

I saw this earlier, but Carl pretty much summed up my reaction.

I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but read the comments section on things like this. That one guy who said that guys go for batshit girls because they have to "settle" is the most bullshit entitled crap I have ever heard. The whole concept of "settling" is, really. What, by virtue of just being born you automatically assume you deserve the affection of your dream person?

Edit: To add to that, the concept of settling also reinforces the idea that as long as you're hot, you can be 12 layers of shitlord under that exterior and people will STILL get together with you

"BY AGREEING TO THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND DOUBLE FINE ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL."

df took my god-given american right to be tried by a jury of my peers :(

You don't have any peers.

"BY AGREEING TO THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND DOUBLE FINE ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL."

df took my god-given american right to be tried by a jury of my peers :(

You don't have any peers.

are you saying i'm peerless? why thank you.

I want to play Broken Age... and yet at the same time I don't really care about it.

Bleh.

Does that mean I can have your copy?

PussInBoots-300x240.gif

Just spent the best part of an hour trying to beat the dragon on diddy Kong racing. I finally bear him and then the game froze. Much rage was had.

Just spent the best part of an hour trying to beat the dragon on diddy Kong racing. I finally bear him and then the game froze. Much rage was had.

It only gets worse once you finally get to space.

Trust me. That game is EVIL.

Played an hour of Broken Age.

...don't want to play it again until it's actually finished.

As in, having animations that don't cut from one pose to another in the space of a camera cut, or characters that have expressions that actually match their dialogue.

As in, actually explaining how the game bloody works.

As in, NOT HAVING TO DRAG ITEMS FROM YOUR INVENTORY ONTO THE THING YOU WANT TO USE IT ON.

...not a fan, in case you couldn't tell.

hmm

Humble Bundle account is on 1 email address. but the amazon account I used on kickstarter registered to another email adress. The key got sent to the address used to pay for the game o_O

hmm

Humble Bundle account is on 1 email address. but the amazon account I used on kickstarter registered to another email adress. The key got sent to the address used to pay for the game o_O

The link is just a gift URL, so it'll redeem for whatever Humble Bundle account you're signed into.

The email that received the code shouldn't matter one way or the other.

hmm

The link is just a gift URL, so it'll redeem for whatever Humble Bundle account you're signed into.

This. I got the e-mail to my old email address (which I'm surprised still works as I stopped paying the ISP for it 6 months ago) and then just signed into Humble with my normal account and claimed the page.

I'm not actually gonna play the game until it's out of beta stage anyway.

someone gave up my gmail address to make a blackberry account, and then switched the emailaddress o_O

and today, someone did the same for instagram

hmm

This. I got the e-mail to my old email address (which I'm surprised still works as I stopped paying the ISP for it 6 months ago) and then just signed into Humble with my normal account and claimed the page.

I'm not actually gonna play the game until it's out of beta stage anyway.

Could you be able to gift said key?