Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

I started drinking this tea that's a mix of a bunch of different herbs that are supposed to help with lucid dreaming. I just finished my cup for the night and it's one of the worst things I've ever tasted. I'd rank it worse than sassafras tea and moonshine but not quite as bad as San Pedros. Which are easily the nastiest thing I've ever eaten.

Since Ryan hasn't created a Sly Cooper thread yet, I'll pop this here.

byhiQRE.jpg

Yeah, they're making a movie out of the first Sly Cooper game. And it's gonna look like this.

...ugh. For the record, here's what Rainmaker Entertainment have done in the past.

Ok in their defense:

- Reboot

- Beast Wars/Beast Machines

Not in their defense:

EVERYTHING ELSE O_0

EDIT: And the film is being written by the guy who was behind TMNT

Not sure what to think... @_@

Soo uhm

New car , 1 week old and I already managed to scratch the right back door. Hit a concrete post.

Since I'm not insured for that I went to my insurance company to change from mini omnium to full omnium. They just checked my car for dents and stuff but didn't notice the scratches. Probably thought it was dirt or something.

Soo yay, insurance scam

I've spent most of the day trying to make my Windows 8 computer work decently. Initially I tried to install a dual-boot of linux, but that failed miserably (my computer absolutely refuses to detect it on a USB or disc in boot manager). I've also spent a lot of time trying to get the "Refresh" feature of windows 8 to work, where it basically restores windows to factory default. But the refuses to work too.

About the only thing I've managed to do is break Microsoft's support page...

I've spent most of the day trying to make my Windows 8 computer work decently. Initially I tried to install a dual-boot of linux, but that failed miserably (my computer absolutely refuses to detect it on a USB or disc in boot manager). I've also spent a lot of time trying to get the "Refresh" feature of windows 8 to work, where it basically restores windows to factory default. But the refuses to work too.

Have you tried this?

I've spent most of the day trying to make my Windows 8 computer work decently

Here's how you do it:

1. You get a copy of Windows 7

2. Clean install so that nothing of Win 8 remains on your harddrive

3. throw Windows 8 in the trash and burn it

4. ???

5. Profit

If it's a pre-purchased computer, you actually need to deal with SecureBoot.

While this is not the case with computers you build because building your computer is ALWAYS THE BEST CHOICE PEOPLE, new Windows 8 computers are sold with a "security measure" that locks down the ability to install another OS.

This is the equivalent of your mother trying an experimental recipe that turns out horribly and then refusing to let you order pizza.

Or eat leftovers from last night.

I've never heard of tea helping Lucid Dreaming before.

I've tried many of these with varying rates of success.

http://dreamherbs.com/category/herbal-products/

Right now I'm trying Calea Zacatechichi, Motherwort, Wild Lettuce, Mexican Tarragon, California Poppy and Melatonin. It makes your dreams much more vivid but I haven't started having lucid dreams yet.

That'd be cool I never had a PS1/2 I've always been an Xbox owner, so it'd be nice to try and play any of the cool exclusives...

Though this does really lessen the appeal of Playstation now if it only actually streams PS3 games...

The PS3 had some FANTASTIC games, and if you traded your PS3 in to get a PS4, PS Now'll give you a chance to play them again.

Besides, a lot of the best PS2 exclusives were re-released on the PS3, so...

Honestly, I'm interested to hear what Sony says about this (since it's not actually been announced yet!), but if true, I'm all for it. Would actually give me a strong reason to get a PS4 at some point.

The reason they can use emulators now is because the PS4 is powerful enough to emulate the PS1/2 hardware.

I have a PS3 for bluray and some exclusive games. which I already find a pain in the ass to play because the PS controllers have always been bad.

Actually thinking about it, it would be pretty nice playing PS1-3 games with the PS4 controller as it is the first Playstation controller I have been able to use in any capacity...

It might give me a reason to try the Last Of us again...

I'd just want PS1-3 games on PS4 because my PS3 died and it was one of the old PS3s that was BC with PS1-2 games. If the PS4 will start to play PS1-3 games, then there is no point in me hunting down another one of them and I'll gladly pay the extra $200 or so for the PS4.

The PS4 is basically the PS3's mirror image at this point. Unveiled at a much cheaper price point while being very conscious of developer and consumer demands, and it has backwards compatibility actually added in after the fact rather than taken out.

Things that make me very happy: The public release of Broken Age, and seeing all of my friends who weren't backers/slacker backers finally playing it. Also, Ke$ha, we need to discuss tea some time. I've never tried to invoke a lucid dream, but I do love myself some tea. I have Earl Grey, Mint, and Chai at my dorm right now. I think the most "out there" flavor I've had is licorice, which was surprisingly good.

Things that frustrate me: A lot about that Sly teaser. I'm undecided about the pants and lack of cel-shading, but Murray looks awful, and Sly sounds totally off. At least, maybe with the redesigns, maybe Carmelita will finally get a practical outfit.

Things that nearly make me bawl my eyes out on and off all weekend: Justin/JewWario's death. He was such a sweetheart, so adorable, very kind, knowledgeable, and funny. How could you hate a guy who likes cooking, Wario, Pokémon, Japanese import games, anime, kitties, visual novels, and Kamen Rider? He actually has a huge fandom in Japan, apparently. They call him "Uncle Wario."

I better make myself a cuppa before I start posting about tea. [gets kettle boiling] Was licorice flavoring some other type of tea or was it just lycorice? I think I've had it in black tea before but it's an odd flavor.

You know what annoys me is the way that chai has become such a confused term by people who don't drink it often. I think it started with starbucks calling a regular Chai a "Chai Latte" so if you want a chai mix with hot water instead of milk you ask for a chai. But when you do that it makes your entire coffee/tea vocabulary upside down. Because when you ask for a latte you don't say I want a coffee latte or an expresso latte because it's assumed that you want expresso and milk in it. So why should I have to say that I want steamed milk in my chai by calling it a latte? In the entire rest of the world a chai includes steamed milk, the spices and the black tea but for some reason we can't abide by that in America. And then if you go to some smaller independent tea shops and ask for a chai with steamed milk they're like "yeah that's what a chai is" and I want to be like "yeah I know that but a lot of places mess it up" but instead I just look like a dumbass.

The tea that I'm drinking at the moment has coconut, vanilla, ginger and lemongrass mixed with green tea. It says it's thai flavoring.

One more rant about tea while I wait for it to cool off. So often when I ask someone if they want to drink some tea they'll be like 'yeah but I've got to hurry' and I'm like 'oh do you want some iced tea' and they'll be like 'no just grab the kettle before it comes to a full boil' and it's like well we're not sitting in the room with a kettle it's all the way in the kitchen, got to run around the whole house to check on it. And of course the people that are that particular can't just put milk in it. I have some friends that I just don't drink tea with because they'll complain if the tea is too hot right away, or some slurp it when it's too hot to drink so then they finish 5 minutes before me and they'll be bugging me to get a move on. Like there are more people that I avoid drinking tea with because they've got no etiquette than there are people that I know well who I enjoy drinking tea with. People who will like sit around and drink a cup of tea slowly and not rush you to do this or that.

I better make myself a cuppa before I start posting about tea. [gets kettle boiling] Was licorice flavoring some other type of tea or was it just lycorice? I think I've had it in black tea before but it's an odd flavor.

You know what annoys me is the way that chai has become such a confused term by people who don't drink it often. I think it started with starbucks calling a regular Chai a "Chai Latte" so if you want a chai mix with hot water instead of milk you ask for a chai. But when you do that it makes your entire coffee/tea vocabulary upside down. Because when you ask for a latte you don't say I want a coffee latte or an expresso latte because it's assumed that you want expresso and milk in it. So why should I have to say that I want steamed milk in my chai by calling it a latte? In the entire rest of the world a chai includes steamed milk, the spices and the black tea but for some reason we can't abide by that in America. And then if you go to some smaller independent tea shops and ask for a chai with steamed milk they're like "yeah that's what a chai is" and I want to be like "yeah I know that but a lot of places mess it up" but instead I just look like a dumbass.

The tea that I'm drinking at the moment has coconut, vanilla, ginger and lemongrass mixed with green tea. It says it's thai flavoring.

One more rant about tea while I wait for it to cool off. So often when I ask someone if they want to drink some tea they'll be like 'yeah but I've got to hurry' and I'm like 'oh do you want some iced tea' and they'll be like 'no just grab the kettle before it comes to a full boil' and it's like well we're not sitting in the room with a kettle it's all the way in the kitchen, got to run around the whole house to check on it. And of course the people that are that particular can't just put milk in it. I have some friends that I just don't drink tea with because they'll complain if the tea is too hot right away, or some slurp it when it's too hot to drink so then they finish 5 minutes before me and they'll be bugging me to get a move on. Like there are more people that I avoid drinking tea with because they've got no etiquette than there are people that I know well who I enjoy drinking tea with. People who will like sit around and drink a cup of tea slowly and not rush you to do this or that.

The licorice taste is probably anise or fennal. Bleeeh X^p

Well, the way it's served at my local coffee shop* Chai is black tea with spices, which is mixed with sweetener (sugar or honey), vanilla extract and milk. I always order it as "Chai tea with skim milk and a tiny amount of white mocha.", so I've never had anyone comment on the milk thing.

I use a very nice electric kettle, personally. It heats up quickly, cleans easily, and I can use it wherever there's a flat surface and a wall socket.

*No, it's not a cafe. They import and roast their own coffee and make tea blends. All of the independent cafes get most of their coffee through them, so it's nice living within walking distance of them.

So if revenge is impossible then what do I do

Hoard your feelings and become a supervillain with an awesome backstory.

But seriously, revenge has never been a good solution to anything. It always just leaves me feeling empty and guilty.

Have you tried this?

Thanks! I'll try that later today.