Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

the cake is a PIE!

Pi-Cake-2011.jpg

In other news, My course partner and I decided on the game we are making for this semester. It stars a bear with a gingerbeard, an eyepatch and a pirate hat named Cap'n Red Bear-d.

I had my mind blown when I realized Portal's cake was actually a reference to Mr. Pokeylope's cake, or at least, the "Delicious and moist!" line was. Two of the writers on Psychonauts worked on Portal.

I've known that for a while and it always makes me just a little bit mad that people attribute the delicious and moist quote to Portal when Psychonauts was doing it waaaaay before that

So, as many of you know, i come back every so often when real life stops happening so frequently. so here i am.

I love all of you. I am looking forward to enjoying my stay.

So, as many of you know, i come back every so often when real life stops happening so frequently. so here i am.

I love all of you. I am looking forward to enjoying my stay.

hey zeeman its great to see you.

I had my mind blown when I realized Portal's cake was actually a reference to Mr. Pokeylope's cake, or at least, the "Delicious and moist!" line was. Two of the writers on Psychonauts worked on Portal.
I didn't know, thats awesome.

I've been working on and off on a huge batch of pixel art avatars for some Steam buddies. Got around to coloring and detailing some of them and ahhh man I'm so happy with how they turned out!

Here's one I did for myself:

l9QRjE2.jpg

I'm thinking maybe when I'm done with this batch I could start doing these as commissions for a bit of cash or TF2 items

I found another excellent web comic. It's about a superstitious, OCD-plauged encyclopedia salesman during the great depression, who visits a quaint little town called Broodhollow to collect an inheritance from a great uncle he didn't know he had....

MUHAHAHAH.

Linky to the first page!

So a few months ago I was at this used book store that I frequent and asked the guy to reserve A Clash of Kings for Me. He took my number down and called me when it came in, I went in and got it. While I was there he was like "we've got the whole series in do you want the next book while you're here" and I was like "yeah sure".

So then I finished the second a few months ago and was a little more than 200 pages into the next today when I started to realize how much Martin had left out between books. Obviously he has a habit of just telling the aftermath of events instead of describing them, and I figured I had forgotten what happened at the end of the second. Then I was like 'no way I forgot that person died'. Then I googled it and the guy gave me the 4th book. But now I know what happened in the 3rd and I think I'm just going to stop reading the series. I know it was inadvertant but giving me the wrong book really ruined the experience for me. It will probably be at least 6 months before I forget what I read and can read the 3rd book, and I'll have to re-read the 2nd to understand that.

Bah humbug. I'm working on The Wheel of Time, I liked that better anyways [denial]. So then I go and start trying to figure out what book I'm on in the Wheel of Time which is confusing because I started the prequel trilogy and left off in the middle of the regular series. I pick up the book that I think I'm on, get a few pages through the prologue and then realize that the prologue isn't going to give me enough information to tell whether I'm on the right book (after being mislead horrible by Martin's apple-throwing vagabonds). I start flipping through it to see how long it is and it's a 72 page prologue. Ash and bloody ashes Robert Jordan what're you doing?

Carl, how are you so awesome? And ah, sorry about repeating info you already knew re: Portal.

WB Zeeman! How have you been?

I found another excellent web comic. It's about a superstitious, OCD-plauged encyclopedia salesman during the great depression, who visits a quaint little town called Broodhollow to collect an inheritance from a great uncle he didn't know he had....

MUHAHAHAH.

Linky to the first page!

Oh boy, I don't even remember where did I left on Starslip... I have to pick up on so many things it's not even funny.

MUHAHAHAH.

Linky to the first page!

Thanks for linking to that. Got really caught up in it earlier. Looks very promising.

The sad thing is I have a bit of a hangover going on, and I didn't have that much to drink last night. X^p

If Hoffman only would have known that slipping and falling down the stairs would have been a so much better way to die. Oh well, ...

Moneyball, Almost Famous, Magnolia, The Big Lebowski, ... he was acting in some great movies.

A loss to be sure, but I feel absolutely no sympathy for someone who dies of a drug overdose.

NONE.

That stings, Darth.

A loss to be sure, but I feel absolutely no sympathy for someone who dies of a drug overdose.

NONE.

I dunno... sure it's a bad decision to get into drugs in the first place, but when a lot of people don't suffer the addictive effects of them, I can see where it might be easy to fall in that trap. And once you're in... well...

In the words of Robert Downey Jr.: "It's like I've got a shotgun in my mouth, with my finger on the trigger, and I like the taste of the gun metal."

RIP

I had to look at IMDb to remember what he was in. I remembered him in Lebowski obviously and Red Dragon was really good. He was a a talented actor.

NONE.

Congrats you made an edgy and controversial post about a dead guy.