Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

I need to learn to just go to bed when coming in drunk and not spend a couple of hours on my computer doing who knows what.

I thought you were referring to the picture Carl posted until I noticed the link and didn't understand why anyone would get so upset over a guy (Carl's brother?) in a silly costume.

I regret looking up the source for that image but here it is. Some kinda weird spandex suit/inflation fetish or something??

I don't understand deviantart anymore and I'm glad I left

Yeah... it's hard to search for anything on deviantart when half the images seem to be inflation fetish pics. I just don't get why an exaggerated of picture of someone looking pregnant or with an ass the size of Nebraska is something that people would find awesome.

Hey guys, i just made a new topic about, who els? Slender Man! It’s called “The Tall Man Cometh! Slender Man Fans Unite!” Its in this forum! I made it mostly to try making a topic but also becuz all the Slender Man fan sites are no good :-( Id realy appreciate a post or two!

The Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate was quite a spectacle. I thought there'd be a limit on the amount of diarrhea coming out of Ken's mouth, but it just kept coming. Bill probably shouldn't have bothered with this though. It was a mockery to intelligence how Ham kept twisting and omitting facts to serve his view.

Yeah, I just got off Ars Technia talking about the Nye talk. I didn't see it myself, mainly because Creationists really get under my skin, but the consensus seemed to be that Ham had a weak argument and Bill (while we're totally BFFs) did not puncture nearly as many holes in it as he could have.

OK well... I'm NEVER using Argos ever again.

The backwards-ass company cancelled my order TWICE in a row, because it somehow takes them 3 to 4 days to get back to a supplier to tell them that a product isn't in stock.

Just.. HOW? In this day and age HOW can an organisation be so inefficient?

You wouldn't see that shit at Tesco or Amazon, THEY KNOW how much stock they have of a product, its common sense to.

I have 10 units left, someones bought one, ok computer says 9. if=0 change status to out of stock.

Common fucking sense but with Argos

Stock= thefuckifIknow? Searches giant address book for supplier rings supplier "hey supplier you got any of this? No. Ok then"

rings customer "oh turns out they don't got any of them now, here's money back. K thanks bai"

They do it with delivery too. You have to WAIT like 3 days for them to ring you to arrange a date for them to drop it off to you?

WHY?

Amazon sends it to you immediately, and usually its there at my doorstep in two days. Thats the way retailers do it. How it makes goddamn sense.

If it goes back to the post depot, then I'll go pick it up. Its as bloody simple as that.

Jeez... getting something from Argos is like winning the fucking lottery except you still have to pay for the goddamn prize.

FUCK. YOU. ARGOS.

because Creationists really get under my skin.

You wanna know why we get under your skin? Because God told us to! Yeah, boom. Proof of existence haters.

He said he'd get pokebank released already if we did what he said and look where that got me :(

My best friends are in USA at the moment on a school trip. They're visiting Valve and Microsoft do to game presentations. In 2 weeks they're starting their 6 months internship at Triumph Studios (Overlord, Age of Wonders)

Soo much envy >_<

I should clarify that the reason isn't the people, the reason is I spend a lot of my time (often twelve hour work days or more) finding evidence to explain how various natural processes work. And not just me. Millions of scientists out there do the same thing. Some of those scientists are evolutionary scientists and theoretical physicists. Most are waaaay smarter than me. If I had as much evidence to support my research as they do to support theirs, I'd probably be a professor at a prestigious university already. Maybe have HHMI support or a Nobel. It may be "just a theory" but in science, "just a theory" means that the indicated subject has undergone decades of testing and refinement and has passed every test put to it in that time and all it lacks is that last remaining undeniable proof to make it law.

And it irks me when all that evidence is ignored in the face of an alternate idea with no comparable evidence that doesn't even try to refine itself in a similar manner. That and most of the arguments to support it are just plain wrong and I've discovered I have a low tolerance for incorrect information.

I can deal with people who just want to believe what they want and ignore everything else. It's people like Ham that try bring science into it where they pick and choose information they accept and ignore that really irk me. Meeting us halfway just feels like we're being violated. Do people proactively use science to poke holes in the Bible, going out of their way to do so? Sure they do, and they piss creationists off just as much for the same reason. Nye did so a few times and you could tell that he completely lost that part of the audience when he did. As the critics said previous to the debate, you aren't going to change anyone's mind either way and any "proof" by both debaters would be ignored. All this did was raise money for the creationist museum.

Yeah, I don't waste my time poking holes in the Bible because it really doesn't need my help to have holes poked in it. What the Bible really needs is some enterprising No-Prizers to fix all the continuity errors.

Also, I think it was a crying shame that the gospel where Jesus could fly and had laser vision was discarded from the approved canon.

Pfft. Isn't it obvious that the entities depicted in the bible are just extra dimensional eldrich abominations looking for a snack?

Protip: Arguing that literal-interpretation-God is evil and/or eats souls is soooo much more entertaining than arguing it doesn't exist.

So... anyone else watch Agents of SHIELD?

'cause A) I'm fed up of the show only having one or two episodes before vanishing for prolonged periods of time (we've gotta wait a MONTH for the next one. Seriously.) and B) that last episode was really, really good.

(we've gotta wait a MONTH for the next one. Seriously.)

Most shows are stopping for the Olympics.

(we've gotta wait a MONTH for the next one. Seriously.)

Most shows are stopping for the Olympics.

I know, but this is on the back of a two-week wait for one episode. Getting real tired of forgetting the show's on until I notice MovieBob's done a recap of it.