Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

No one here is innocent unless they’re dead.”
That almost makes up for the rick-roll.

...ALMOST.

I can't believe you added that to your signature. First it was Fawful quoting my "Where the f**k did Orson Welles come from?"

No one here is innocent unless they’re dead.”
That almost makes up for the rick-roll.

...ALMOST.

I can't believe you added that to your signature. First it was Fawful quoting my "Where the f**k did Orson Welles come from?"

What can I say? I like me an epic line.

Now I just have to work it into one of my reviews...

@Retro: I would have gone with Danganronpa, because it's the only one you picked that I know well, and it's the kind of game I want to see people putting money towards, so we get more of them ported to the West in the future.

@Fhqwhgads: Perhaps. I consider myself an Agent Scully with an Agent Mulder inside. I want to believe in the supernatural, but I just haven't seen anything that wasn't proven a hoax, and I haven't seen anything with my own eyes that I could consider proof. I was mostly upset though because she talked to me like a deluded idiot who knew nothing about science, because her belief is that anything not definitively debunked therefore absolutely exists.

@Darth: It's okay for a storyboard, but definitely unprofessional for a finished work. The bearded man reminds me of Obi-Wan's design from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

@Alcoremortis: That's an equally appropriate .gif. I'm reusing that later, thanks.

@Upcoming movies: Skeptical about the Peanuts one, but it doesn't look as bad as I had worried. Excited for Pixar sequels. Incredibles was one of my favorite films of theirs overall, and I actually sort of like Cars and its sequel. Cars 2 was interesting, because it got away with a lot of things that I don't think would have been deemed 'appropriate' with human characters.

I just suspect the game going on sale later on in the year moreso than Ys really.

(Plus the next title in the series will be out soon, so I would prefer to get both at once kind of thing maybe)

@medacris: To be fair, there is a difference between scientific evidence and legal evidence.

The scientific process in no way accounts for things like eyewitness testimony and therefore gives no consideration to the question of how much credibility can be given to said witness. Science is satisfied only by nothing less than controlled experimentation that yields repeatable results, and so I would argue that using science alone to prove or disprove such a topic is flawed because it ignores certain factors that would be important in making a case.

@medacris: To be fair, there is a difference between scientific evidence and legal evidence.

The scientific process in no way accounts for things like eyewitness testimony and therefore gives no consideration to the question of how much credibility can be given to said witness. Science is satisfied only by nothing less than controlled experimentation that yields repeatable results, and so I would argue that using science alone to prove or disprove such a topic is flawed because it ignores certain factors that would be important in making a case.

Eyewitness testimony is pretty damn shitty evidence, especially if your "eyewitnesses" have something to gain by pushing things one way or the other.

Experiments, on the other hand, can be repeated by different people so that their results can be confirmed.

OK, question.

Do I buy Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed for a third time (own on PC/Xbox360, just seen it fairly cheap for WiiU), or do I do without?

OK, question.

Do I buy Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed for a third time (own on PC/Xbox360, just seen it fairly cheap for WiiU), or do I do without?

I can't imagine the community on WiiU to be very active at all. I would pass.

OK, question.

Put the money towards the next Mario Kart! DAMMIT! >:(

OK, question.

Put the money towards the next Mario Kart! DAMMIT! >:(

Now that's just silly.

Nihilumbra and Teslagrad are both coming to Wii U in the next few months and there's a ton of indies on the horizon, so there's no need to get desperate.

Went to a Kennan Thompson stand-up at my college. I met him during his Q&A, fist bumped him, and asked him about his would-be daughter. Pretty fun night.

Went to a Kennan Thompson stand-up at my college. I met him during his Q&A, fist bumped him, and asked him about his would-be daughter. Pretty fun night.
What did he taste like? Tell me you haven't washed your fist.

Have you ever had one of those days where you knew you should have done something important, but in the end you just pissed about and did nothing?

That's pretty much my life these days. Someone please help me.

Have you ever had one of those days where you knew you should have done something important, but in the end you just pissed about and did nothing?

That's pretty much my life these days. Someone please help me.

Same here. Never mind the fact that I've got deadlines coming up, catching up on The Walking Dead, re-watching 24 and playing Assassin's Creed III & Lego Marvel Super Heroes are what I'm doing.

For me it's reviews. I've no hard deadline, but I was originally aiming for the end of the month... and I'm not even halfway done.

I hate myself, I really do, but I just keep finding things to distract me, like mobile games I 'need' to play or I'll miss out on bonuses, re-arranging my shelves over and over (4 times in the last week), tidying my desk, checking e-mails, re-watching South Park, etc.

Seriously, it's so bad I think I might have ADD or something. Ugh.

For me it's reviews. I've no hard deadline, but I was originally aiming for the end of the month... and I'm not even halfway done.

I hate myself, I really do, but I just keep finding things to distract me, like mobile games I 'need' to play or I'll miss out on bonuses, re-arranging my shelves over and over (4 times in the last week), tidying my desk, checking e-mails, re-watching South Park, etc.

Seriously, it's so bad I think I might have ADD or something. Ugh.

It's sort of the same way with me when I write. I'm always tempted to go off and do something else while I'm working. I mean, why else would it be so hard for me to pin down an exact release date for when I do a chapter for TMM?

Have you considered becoming a vigilante?
Vaguely, but that would require effort.

If you want to do it right, it would also require a big ass bat costume. And billions of dollars.

I'm having an impossible time getting through to the artists on my game team.

I don't know what part of "1950s America for our overall aesthetic" they're not getting, but if they aren't getting it they sure as shit aren't researching on their own either, because people stopped lighting up their houses with candles a long, long time before that.

But there it is, in every background and every scene they've posted to date.

Yeah thats.... exactly it. I think they're confusing the 1850s with the 1950s.

It's very frustrating, because it seems they're not making an effort to understand what I want from them.

As far as positive progress goes, my programmers are getting more proficient with Unity. They've learned how to program basic movement and also got the camera working. In our last game programming class the lecturer taught us about sprites and doing simple animations with them. So we've got everything set up to make a super duper basic prototype level, which I plan on doing for the next week or so.

Edit: I also feel the need to add that I'm getting really pissed with my artists because there's 6 of them and 0 new concepts so far.