Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Yay! I was able to change my username, thanks to the help of a fellow forumite (who I won't name here, just in case they wish to remain anonymous). You know who you are; thank you!

I doubt it. If somebody would care to report it this clip from Monty Python's best movie will be gone in a flash.

You're probably correct, even though it would be a crime against classic comedy to remove it. Then again, this is YouTube we're talking about, so that would most likely be the least of it's offenses (ridiculous copyright claims and rampant homophobic, racist and prejudiced comments aimed towards anyone who isn't a spoiled American teenager being it's two worst crimes).

Seriously, the day I learned to stop responding to complete morons in the comments section was the day I became just that little bit happier in life.

The most I'll say is that it's for a job application. A job I really, really, REALLY want.

Ah, I suspected it might be such a thing. I was thinking along the lines of that mini-adventure game that some guy sent to Double Fine as a job application. Whatever it may or may not be, I have my fingers crossed for you.

And hopefully I'll find out around the beginning of next week. I suspect you'll probably be gone by then Davies :(

Ah, nuts. Maybe I'll have to use my mobile phone's Internet connection to find out (a slow and painful process but I think this may just be cause for an exception to my general non-use of mobile Internet).

Seriously, the day I learned to stop responding to complete morons in the comments section was the day I became just that little bit happier in life.

I am using Youtube videodeck due to Youtube's criminally bad subbox and since then I haven't read a single Youtube comment (because they aren't displayed there). Which improved my life by 4.59%.

Oops, I think you put a decimal point in there by mistake. I believe that should have read as "459%".

My Biography

From my profile; where no-one would ever read it. Now it's printed out below, where once more you can fail to read it...

Born in the mountains of Ladakh, India and raised by wolves, Davies is a crazed man-child who didn’t have contact with another human being for almost 30 years.

During the Winter of 1982, when Davies was just 2 months old, he was rescued by a pack of wolves after his family were slaughtered by a swarm of disgruntled bees. It wasn’t until the ripe age of 28 that Davies finally ventured away from his Indian heritage and his canis lupus guardians to seek other hominids like himself, eventually boarding a cargo ship destined for Southern England.

Once in England, it took sometime for Davies to become accustomed to his fellow humans’ seemingly strange behaviour and blend in with his kind. Though Davies knew that he shared the same physical traits of the humans that surrounded him, he felt a far stronger bond for the wolves that had raised him. Those fatherly flea-bags had taken him in, away from the wreckage of that once proud village, the terrible buzzing sound of the beastly bees and the irritated screams of the villagers still echoing throughout the mountains. It was the wolves that had nurtured him back to full health by allowing him to suckle on a juicy she-wolf’s succulent teat.

But that was many moons ago. Now Davies was here, amongst his own kind. He was literally An American Werewolf in London. Except for the fact that he wasn’t an American, a werewolf or even technically in London (he was situated about 20 miles south of London, in Kent). The point being that he basically did still have a very strong bond with the canine side of his personality.

It was not until Davies was 31, that he even learned to stop sniffing the bottom of every female that he passed in the street or growling at every male he encountered and urinating on lamp-posts. Fortunately for Davies, during Friday and Saturday nights; this kind of behaviour was considered to be perfectly normal by his fellow humans.

As the seasons rolled on and the years continued to pass on by, Davies learned much of the ways and beliefs of the civilisation that he had so cruelly been denied for all of those years by the hand of fate. Well, the hand of fate and some seriously pissed off bees. He learned the teachings of humanity through reading many tomes within his local library. He learned of mathematics, physics and philosophy. He learned of the theater, culture and religion. He learned how to master the art of hastily minimising a dirty movie playing on his computer whilst looking inconspicuous whenever somebody walked into the room unexpectedly.

Some say Davies has long since forgotten about his unique, animalistic roots and has since become nothing more than a placid wolf in sheep’s clothing, lost amongst the countless other sheep that make up the human race. However, there are those who still swear blind to this very day that you can hear Davies howling at the moon like a lunatic, from time to time. They say that he does it in remembrance of the wolves that had raised him. Or possibly because he’s a raging alcoholic.

Well in Germany we use "," for decimal. So it's actually 4590%.

Ah, yes. That does seem to be much more mathematically sound.

The most I'll say is that it's for a job application. A job I really, really, REALLY want.

And hopefully I'll find out around the beginning of next week. I suspect you'll probably be gone by then Davies :(

Hope you get the job, Darth! I'm going to guess it's for a reviewer for video games/movies. Or maybe a hit man. Just don't forget us here!

My Biography

From my profile; where no-one would ever read it. Now it's printed out below, where once more you can fail to read it...

Born in the mountains of Ladakh, India and raised by wolves, Davies is a crazed man-child who didn’t have contact with another human being for almost 30 years.

During the Winter of 1982, when Davies was just 2 months old, he was rescued by a pack of wolves after his family were slaughtered by a swarm of disgruntled bees. It wasn’t until the ripe age of 28 that Davies finally ventured away from his Indian heritage and his canis lupus guardians to seek other hominids like himself, eventually boarding a cargo ship destined for Southern England.

Once in England, it took sometime for Davies to become accustomed to his fellow humans’ seemingly strange behaviour and blend in with his kind. Though Davies knew that he shared the same physical traits of the humans that surrounded him, he felt a far stronger bond for the wolves that had raised him. Those fatherly flea-bags had taken him in, away from the wreckage of that once proud village, the terrible buzzing sound of the beastly bees and the irritated screams of the villagers still echoing throughout the mountains. It was the wolves that had nurtured him back to full health by allowing him to suckle on a juicy she-wolf’s succulent teat.

But that was many moons ago. Now Davies was here, amongst his own kind. He was literally An American Werewolf in London. Except for the fact that he wasn’t an American, a werewolf or even technically in London (he was situated about 20 miles south of London, in Kent). The point being that he basically did still have a very strong bond with the canine side of his personality.

It was not until Davies was 31, that he even learned to stop sniffing the bottom of every female that he passed in the street or growling at every male he encountered and urinating on lamp-posts. Fortunately for Davies, during Friday and Saturday nights; this kind of behaviour was considered to be perfectly normal by his fellow humans.

As the seasons rolled on and the years continued to pass on by, Davies learned much of the ways and beliefs of the civilisation that he had so cruelly been denied for all of those years by the hand of fate. Well, the hand of fate and some seriously pissed off bees. He learned the teachings of humanity through reading many tomes within his local library. He learned of mathematics, physics and philosophy. He learned of the theater, culture and religion. He learned how to master the art of hastily minimising a dirty movie playing on his computer whilst looking inconspicuous whenever somebody walked into the room unexpectedly.

Some say Davies has long since forgotten about his unique, animalistic roots and has since become nothing more than a placid wolf in sheep’s clothing, lost amongst the countless other sheep that make up the human race. However, there are those who still swear blind to this very day that you can hear Davies howling at the moon like a lunatic, from time to time. They say that he does it in remembrance of the wolves that had raised him. Or possibly because he’s a raging alcoholic.

*wipes away a tear*

I just came into this thread to say hi, but this was beautiful.

This is why you need to be here more often, Davies (I know you're St_Eddie now, but you'll always be Davies to me because I'm grumpy and hate change).

Hope you get the job, Darth! I'm going to guess it's for a reviewer for video games/movies. Or maybe a hit man. Just don't forget us here!

Good luck Darth.

Thanks for the well wishes, guys.

And as I've often said - everything's better with Davies. Or St_Eddie. What's in a name? A rose by any other name, etc.

That works a whole lot better in my Dolphin browser than gifs. The gif thread always kills my mobile browser when it's more than a few posts long.

That's because the file sizes are usually about 70% smaller than gifs. And they can get them above 60 fps in 4K no problem. It's nuts!

I feel like being sadistic. Now whenever you visit this thread a bunch of adorable chicks die...

m5guIt6.gif

I feel like being sadistic. Now whenever you visit this thread a bunch of adorable chicks die...

m5guIt6.gif

It's not a WebM, so I don't care. #gifsaredead