Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

I'm working on something and I need a song for a huge fight scene. Anyone know one I could use?

What I'm looking for is something like 80s heavy metal

That's a pretty broad spectrum. I don't think a battle scene scored by Winger works too well.

I don't know... Die By The Sword.

Overkill's Deny The Cross or Slayer's Seasons In The Abyss. I know, I'm not helping.

Screw it. I'm just gonna use the Scorpions.

If you score a fighting scene to Holiday... I NEED to see that exist in a visual medium. Actually the stripped version they do would work disturbingly well.

Those avatars look super cute, Carl.

On the subject of drinking, I'm fond of beer, red wine and scotch single malt whisky. These days I never drink to get drunk though, and I don't drink much apart from the two beers I share with my wife on Friday nights. For me, there's nothing quite as relaxing as sitting on the couch with my feet up, drinking a glass of Islay whisky. I love the flavor and it gives me a nice warm buzz.

Why did I not even know that Tales of Game’s Studios Presents Chef Boyardee’s Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa is the name of an actual hilarious game that I need to play as soon as possible?

http://www.talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/

http://www.talesofgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/barkley1_screenshot_13.png

http://www.talesofgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/barkley1_screenshot_1.png

watching Star Trek for the very first time

It has a really sexist vibe

Did you watch The Cage first? It's like two different series in that regard, I think what you're getting is Network and Shatner meddling. Number One is the best character in the pilot, IMO.

If you want a much more progressive Trek, try TNG. It's the superior series overall.

watched a few episodes of of TNG. feels like a liberal preachy episodic soap opera

in other news

new excerpt from GRRM's next book, Winds of Winter

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

TNG takes about a season to really find its feet. Then it's some of the best TV out there. I enjoyed it FAR more than TOS.

Especially the final season. There's one episode there that took two characters I couldn't have given less of a shit about and made me want an entire show just about them.

I'm so swamped with schoolwork but I managed to not only put in all the things I left out in my game project, but also get a new mechanic working with no errors. In a week, no less. So that makes things alot easier going down the road

There once was a rock that managed to singe

from someone in the fringe looking to lynch.

She also said "kill all men" without a flinch

But now i know, next time they're in a pinch

I won't give those cowards another inch.

(thanks to lilbuddha @ the obsidian forums for the rhyme.)

That person should be shot for trying to rhyme "singe" and "lynch".

But seriously, what's the rhyming scheme of this thing anyways?

There's internal rhyme, only not every instant.

And the meter is occasionally a little bit bizarre.

My favorite British bands

Duran Duran

The Clash

The Yardbirds

The Specials

Madness

About that I'm hating this "gamergaters" vs "SJW" dualism.

Both factions should understand most people don't give a heck about their war and having a different opinion about something doesn't make you a "gamergater" or a "SJW".

(thanks to lilbuddha @ the obsidian forums for the rhyme.)

That person should be shot for trying to rhyme "singe" and "lynch".

But seriously, what's the rhyming scheme of this thing anyways?

There's internal rhyme, only not every instant.

And the meter is occasionally a little bit bizarre.

In modern rhyming, people only care about rhyming the end vowels of words, and sometimes assonance (i.e. repetition of internal vowels aside from the rhyming end vowels). But in anglo-saxon poetry, they didn't pay any attention to the vowels at all. To them, rhyming was alliteration and consonance (i.e. repetition of internal consonants aside from the alliterating ones). Anglo-saxons would have loved that all of the words end in approximately the same consonant sound. (But would have been annoyed at the lack of repetition of starting consonants. They would have loved the phrase "looking to lynch".)

In both cases, approximate rhymes are typically allowed. Or the rhyme may make more sense depending on the person reading it. For example, speakers of american english often stumble when a british song or poem rhymes "rain" with "again".

All that being said, though, that poem is crap. About on the same level as "the cat sat on the mat".

I finally shot the Easter Bunny! Or maybe it was a guy in an Easter bunny outfit.

Either way, the gun worked

David Lynch left production of the Twin Peaks revival because he felt not enough money was offered to do the script the way he felt it needed to be done. I AM NOT HAPPY.

David Lynch left production of the Twin Peaks revival because he felt not enough money was offered to do the script the way he felt it needed to be done. I AM NOT HAPPY.

Wait what? He left because they wouldn't pay him enough to write the script he wanted to write? Or they wouldn't spend enough on the budget to make his vision work the wanted it to?

Knowing David Lynch? Probably the second one.