Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Holy god

Welcome back...?

Now here's something really odd: Wayward Manor, which was developed by The Odd Gentlemen (who made the rather excellent The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom and are working on the upcoming King's Quest game), is suddenly listed as having been developed and published by Moonsharc, Inc., who I never heard of before. The Odd Gentlemen is still mentioned as the developer in the about section on Steam though, so I don't know what the deal here is.

Okay so I am mentally flexible enough to stretch enough to understand his (admittedly immature, insensitive and overall hateful) thinking behind creating this event, I get what it's like to wrongly feel ostracized as a privileged asshat. However, I do not understand the color-scheme for the life of me, black and white? Really dude? You couldn't have been more interesting than that?

Black, white and grey is the colors for asexual pride, if I recall.

Pink and Blue would have been more on-point.

Asexual.png

this is the asexual flag

and the "supposed" heterosexual flag is indeed just black and white. I say "supposed" because it's something they really don't need in the first place.

Holy god

Welcome back, bro!

I cannot believe all of you are still here this is amazing, this place is timeless. I'm glad to see your all so happy (maybe).

Holy god

Welcome back, bro!

I cannot believe all of you are still here this is amazing, this place is timeless. I'm glad to see your all so happy (maybe).

We'll be posting on DFAF long into the 2100's!

I heard some people use mayonaise with pizza

I think it's time for the human race to go extinct

NEVER! WE'RE GONNA TAKE OUR MAYO-PIZZA TO THE STARS!

Asia has weird pizza sensibilities.

Holy god

Welcome back, bro!

As sentient brain forum posting robots? Oh my god i want nothing more.

Holy god

Welcome back, bro!

As sentient brain forum posting robots? Oh my god i want nothing more.

I'm half way there...If only I was sentient. :'(

Oh my god, you guys don't know the half of it. Let me explain this monstrosity that is a staple of all supermarket bakeries here:

Imagine a kind of bread that's like a sugar donut, minus the sugar. It's still kind of sweet, though, probably because it WAS a sugar donut at one point and they just brushed all the sugar off. That's your pizza base. The whole thing is covered with sweet chilli sauce and mayonaise, then melted Kraft singles on top of that. For toppings, it's all frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots and peas). Maybe you get anchovies if you're lucky.

It is as terrible as it sounds. This is the kinda crappy cheapo stuff, so you might expect that, but the imaginative products from pizza chains here aren't much better.

Holy god

WELCOME BACK

ugh kraft singles on pizza is THE GHETTOEST

here is a cool asian pizza:

i love how THE POWER OF PIZZA is used to bring a woman and her mother-in-law closer together. truly beautiful. also i like how gold that pizza is. fun asianfacts i learnt from my chinese friend: THE COLOR GOLD = GOOD; THE NUMBER FOUR = BAD.

i once ate a whole pizza a long with cinnasticks and my friends were really concerned about me for like 6 weeks and I was completely ok though tbh i don't remember like 80 percent of that night.

Ugh fuck this bullshit. I had everything planned so I wouldn't have to go back to school this semester, and now they're telling me it might interfere with my loan, despite the official site saying it shouldn't be a problem

god with the 6 months off from school i could achieve even more than i have the entire 4 terriblr years i've spent here put together. and now i cant do even that and have to put up with another depressing, stressful semester of mediocrity and terrible administration

carl you have been complaining about that place for a long time. sounds like it's time to just finish the requirements, get your degree and get out. even consider quitting forever if the degree won't help you find a job (depends on the degree/job market). don't do something you hate unless there's a clear benefit at the end of it, even if you have already spent a long time doing it (see: sunk cost fallacy.)

I am very aware I need to just get it over with but the problems have been piling up so much that its kind of a big deal I was hoping to avoid by deferring

I'm looking at possibly having to balance a 3 month long internship where I wont be attending classes, while starting from scratch on whats supposed to have been a year long project that i havent done anytging for because ive been preoccupied with this other game they asked me to continue working on. Thats on top of normal classes, assignments, graduating and other school dealies, and i only have like 4-5 months total to finish everything

so yeah understand why im freaking out a little. failing to do any one of these things is gonna impede doing the others and is going to make things really difficult down the road, and the only option i had isnt available anymore

I am very aware I need to just get it over with but the problems have been piling up so much that its kind of a big deal I was hoping to avoid by deferring

I'm looking at possibly having to balance a 3 month long internship where I wont be attending classes, while starting from scratch on whats supposed to have been a year long project that i havent done anytging for because ive been preoccupied with this other game they asked me to continue working on. Thats on top of normal classes, assignments, graduating and other school dealies, and i only have like 4-5 months total to finish everything

so yeah understand why im freaking out a little. failing to do any one of these things is gonna impede doing the others and is going to make things really difficult down the road, and the only option i had isnt available anymore

sounds like a lot of stuff, dang. sucks. is it maybe possible to get an extension on some of it? i've never had to deal with student loans because i got a nice scholarship but i definitely know that they are a huge burden for a lot of people. i hope things work out for you. feel free to rant here if it makes you feel better. there was a time in my life where they only way i stayed sane was by ranting at dfaf instead of at customers, lol. BAKING SUPPLIES ARE IN AISLE 10 GODDAMMIT

Not even Peter Dinklage doing his best Billy Mitchell couldn't save that sack of shit from the indifference of the movie going audience. Adam Sandler has basically pissed his reputation as a reliably funny person down the drain.

I thinks his career is pretty fascinating. He continues to make crappy movie after crappy movie, but remains extremely succesful. I can see why he keeps at it, but I'm not completely sure whether he doesn't care, doesn't know, or doesn't realize, how bad they are.

Zohan remains one of the absolutely worst movies I have seen, and one of very few that I just couldn't keep watching after 1h. I guess Pixels land somewhere around that quality.

Two wormholes walk into a supercollider. The first one says, "Pfft! What an idiot." The second one says "So I was talking to a particle physicist the other day, and he told me that the speed of information transfer in a four-dimensional universe is necessarily constrained by the velocity of light in a vacuum."

Hello? Is this thing on?

Tough crowd, tough crowd...

Two wormholes walk into a supercollider. The first one says, "Pfft! What an idiot." The second one says "So I was talking to a particle physicist the other day, and he told me that the speed of information transfer in a four-dimensional universe is necessarily constrained by the velocity of light in a vacuum."

Hello? Is this thing on?

Tough crowd, tough crowd...

It took me a moment, but I lol'd.

Am I the only one here watching SGDQ 2015? It's super entertaining and for charity and shit. http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

EDIT: To clarify, it stands for Summer Games Done Quick and is a week long speedrunning marathon that raises money for Doctors Without Borders. The scheduled runs today include Ghosts N Goblins, Ghouls N Ghosts, Gauntlet, Toejam & Earl, Super Monkey Ball, and a demonstration of the Tetris: The Grand Master series from some insane Tetris players.

Oh my god, you guys don't know the half of it. Let me explain this monstrosity that is a staple of all supermarket bakeries here:

Imagine a kind of bread that's like a sugar donut, minus the sugar. It's still kind of sweet, though, probably because it WAS a sugar donut at one point and they just brushed all the sugar off. That's your pizza base. The whole thing is covered with sweet chilli sauce and mayonaise, then melted Kraft singles on top of that. For toppings, it's all frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots and peas). Maybe you get anchovies if you're lucky.

It is as terrible as it sounds. This is the kinda crappy cheapo stuff, so you might expect that, but the imaginative products from pizza chains here aren't much better.

ugh kraft singles on pizza is THE GHETTOEST

here is a cool asian pizza:

i love how THE POWER OF PIZZA is used to bring a woman and her mother-in-law closer together. truly beautiful. also i like how gold that pizza is. fun asianfacts i learnt from my chinese friend: THE COLOR GOLD = GOOD; THE NUMBER FOUR = BAD.

ugh these young people and their love for refined foods. That stuff kills your taste buds. Even my friends drink nothing but soda or fruit juice and fastfood.

fuck that give me fresh foods

We should have a topic about real food

I kinda liked Zohan, though that's probably because Emmanuelle Chriqui was in it and she's f**king AMAZING.

n_Emmanuelle_Chriqui_17443.jpg

One of my 5, without question.

Posting it again because I need someone to agree with me that this woman is gorgeous.

@jel

Shhhh, it's not fun having to cook for yourself all the dang time. I got a little burned out thinking about what to make for dinner tonight so I made a cheesy sauce for some leftover pasta in the fridge. The pasta was bad and I didn't think to even check it before pouring cheese sauce all over it. Ruined the whole thing and it had to be dumped.

In situations like that yeah, I could definitely go for some fast food or something if only so that I don't have to cook. Sometimes you just gotta fill yourself up with whatever so you can get on with your dang day.

Also I don't think I've ever seen that particular Pizza Hut ad, but it's kinda cool that, despite how cheesy (ha) and a little tryhard-ey everyone here is about race relations at least everyone is mostly cool about it. I don't think an ad like that would go over very well in the US.

I keep MRE Indian food thingys and a big bag of rice. I have a rice cooker, so it's just a mater of setting it up 45 minutes before dinnertime and reheating the curry/dahl/whatever.

Edit: Prepared food is kind of important, because otherwise I just don't eat when I'm depressed.