Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

You know you've had an interesting day when you have to watch videos of Batman Returns, the 90s Iron Man cartoons and a bunch of Sailor Moon transformations to make sure you get the right clips.

Did you use Crystal, Original anime or series 1-2 dub edited transformations?

Original. Figured I'd go for the one people would most easily recognise.

Worked SO well, too. The Sailor Moon audio matched to the visuals... it's absolute GOLD. I love it.

Don't worry Coolsome, someday you'll be able to join us in our sentient land of sentience

If my sentience goes on for too long, is it a run-on sentience?

I thought that link was going to be about an 8-bit style video game where Ant-Man shrunk down and beat up actual pixels. I'm slightly disappointed.

I kinda liked Zohan, though that's probably because Emmanuelle Chriqui was in it and she's f**king AMAZING.

n_Emmanuelle_Chriqui_17443.jpg

One of my 5, without question.

Posting it again because I need someone to agree with me that this woman is gorgeous.

She is, but Zohan is a truly terrible terrible movie, that not even she could save. It's one of those movies, that if I had been watching it from a DVD/Bluray, destroying the disc would at least be something I would have thought about.

I don't think I've ever seen a Adam Sandler movie

Happy Gilmore, Punch Drunk Love, maybe The Wedding Singer, then you're done.

Please tell me we're not about to turn this into a thread in which we talk about how hot specific girls are. -_-
Let me tell you about my anime waifus...

Haha, yes. This is basically what I was afraid of.

I don't actually have any for the record. Well maybe Kanji Tatsumi and Joseph Joestar, but those are both dudes.

Happy Gilmore

The Wedding Singer

The Waterboy

Then you're done.

Adam Sandler was a guest on the Norm Macdonald podcast/show a while back and he pretty much flatout said on the show that the first few movies he did, they were really from the heart, and he was trying really hard as a comedian to make them good. But then it reached a certain point where he was being offered movies and he was just like yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Just saying yes to pretty much any movie that was offered to him.

Also here is the synopsis for every Adam Sandler movie ever made:

"Worthless schlub hooks up with one of the hottest women on the planet when she realizes that, despite being a worthless schlub, he has a heart of gold."

Please tell me we're not about to turn this into a thread in which we talk about how hot specific girls are. -_-

I don't actually have any for the record. Well maybe Kanji Tatsumi and Joseph Joestar, but those are both dudes.

Back during the short period of time when I actually watched anime---a very small amount of anime---there were a couple anime characters I thought were kinda attractive in the sense that their character type aligned with certain things I usually find attractive in actual women. But I never went waifu-tarded. Now I can't even remember the last time I watched an anime that wasn't Studio Ghibli.

Back during the short period of time when I actually watched anime---a very small amount of anime---there were a couple anime characters I thought were kinda attractive in the sense that their character type aligned with certain things I usually find attractive in actual women. But I never went waifu-tarded. Now I can't even remember the last time I watched an anime that wasn't Studio Ghibli.

OKAY clearly you want to tell us the names of those characters

go ahead

i'm waiting

On the topic of Sandler:

Get drunk as fuck.

Watch Happy Gilmour, The Wedding Singer and Buscemi's clip from Billy Madison on youtube.

Done.

Remember them fondly and never watch them again as a sober adult.

On the topic of Sandler:

Get drunk as fuck.

Watch Happy Gilmour, The Wedding Singer and Buscemi's clip from Billy Madison on youtube.

Done.

Remember them fondly and never watch them again as a sober adult.

Or you can choose just not ever include Adam Sandler into your life.

We can all choose to appreciate that we have choice to forget his existence.

Happy Gilmore

The Wedding Singer

The Waterboy

Then you're done.

What about Billy Madison, Funny People, Airheads and Reign Over Me?

The last thing I ever bought that was Sandler related was his album They're All Gonna Laugh At You and the SNL Best of Adam Sandler DVD. They're absolutely hilarious. I get the feeling that Sandler just doesn't have his heart in it anymore. What I loved about Funny People is how the character is pretty much Sandler playing Sandler, a comedian who had his glory days, then sunk into a despair of making terrible movies.

Oh, and Hotel Transylvania ain't bad neither, but I saw that for Genndy Tartakovsky, not for Sandler, and I'm more thank like going to see the sequel because of the inclusion of Mel Brooks.

Airheads isn't an Adam Sandler movie. He pretty much disappears for the whole plot actually. Probably about 5th in screen time and had no part in writing it. Yeah he's in it, but I wouldn't avoid the movie just because you hate Sandler.

If we're counting that, it's by far my favourite movie Sandler is in.

gusy i thought zohan was funny

i think roger ebert's review sums it up well: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/you-dont-mess-with-the-zohan-2008

I found myself enjoying it a surprising amount of the time, even though I was thoroughly ashamed of myself. There is a tiny part of me that still applauds the great minds who invented the whoopee cushion.
Sandler works so hard at this, and so shamelessly, that he battered down my resistance. Like a Jerry Lewis out of control, he will do, and does, anything to get a laugh. No thinking adult should get within a mile of this film. I must not have been thinking. For my sins, I laughed. Sorry. I'll try to do better next time.

go ahead

i'm waiting

Wouldn't you like to know ;-)

go ahead

i'm waiting

Wouldn't you like to know ;-)

don't worry, i've already figured it out. hacked your facebooks and found this:

8MVU0As.jpg

Haha, it's not from my facebook. (Compare that guy's picture to the one in my DFAF profile.)

That's not to say I don't have that pillow, though.

I really don't even know why I give my family the time of day. I mention the problems I'm having with school once to my brother and he goes off about it 'not being a big deal' when yes, it's kind of a big deal. It's a really big, expensive deal, that puts my education and financial future at risk.

Like come on, I've listened to my brother bitch all hours of the day to me about his stupid girlfriend issues, how terrible it is commuting to school everyday, and how hard it is to get school stuff done on top of all that. Hell I fucking gave him the money to move out so he could not have these problems anymore, paid for all his stupid expensive crap he really doesn't need, waited hours upon hours at school with nothing to do so he could get his work done, and generally went along with whatever bullshit because I know how hard it is. You think someone could do the same for me, for once.

But no, they can't and the moral of the story is: talking about how I feel has taught me I shouldn't talk about how I feel.

I had HORRIFIC nightmares last night.

About escalators?

Yep.

This is some penis envy thing, isn't it?

I had HORRIFIC nightmares last night.

About escalators?

Yep.

This is some penis envy thing, isn't it?

More like getting caught in a horrible piece of malfunctioning machinery and shredded up to your knee in front of all your friends and loved ones before your BFF hacks the caught leg off with a kitchen knife and pulls you to safety.