Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Yeah, I'm thinking of just not going for my Thursday classes anymore. I have a class with the same lecturer the day before, with them looking at the same project I'm working on both times.

And in the span of a day obviously not much would change. So what usually ends up happening is I go out there for about 30 minutes to say "Well nothing's changed, but I plan on doing X and Y and having it done by next week" and the lecturer saying "Hmm well alright, guess class is over then! Sign the attendance sheet and git outta here"

Really just a huge waste of time.

You know you're a bad Texan governor when you jinxed BOTH teams!

You know you're a bad Texan governor when you jinxed BOTH teams!

I really thought Houston was going to pull it off. Rasmus has been money in the postseason.

This just in: despite the fact that almost everyone agrees it is a bulls**t business model, the average consumer is buying into AAA pre-orders more than ever before!

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/256262/Survey_Game_preorders_on_the_rise_strongly_tied_to_sadness.php

hooray....

Well, I'm one of those who feel that preorders is something that you should stay away from, but at the same time, I preorder 1-2 AAA games every year myself. Like in the case of Fallout 4, a game that I really want to preload and play immediately on Steam.

So while I'm selective about it, and see the problem, to some extent I'm part of the problem. But I haven't regreted any of those since the crappy Fable 3 on XBOX360, but rather really liked every other except that, so at least I know my taste in gaming.

If American, have you ever

taken Tae-Bo lessons or

seen the film "Gymkata"?: Yes No

(If "Yes," we are sorry, but we cannot take your application seriously. We suggest you try Samurai Burger.)

What additional relevant experiences or training have you had which you feel would add to your value as a Ninja Burger employee?

(Include weapons, poisons, or any of the Ninja Juhakkei):

Good one. :)

Super Mario Bros. and Super Metroid are really the only two themes I can recall completely at this very instant under the effects of alcohol(I have not played either in about 2 years). Not really interesting, but they are probably the two games that had the greatest impact on my love of video games.

Coolsome may have the title in terms of "most random" posts in here, but I think I've got the "who gives a shit?" title down.

Super Mario Bros. and Super Metroid are really the only two themes I can recall completely at this very instant under the effects of alcohol(I have not played either in about 2 years). Not really interesting, but they are probably the two games that had the greatest impact on my love of video games.

Coolsome may have the title in terms of "most random" posts in here, but I think I've got the "who gives a shit?" title down.

It's scary the amount of videogame music I know off by heart.

Sometimes I spontaneously remember a tune I haven't heard in years. (Then promptly forget it soon after)

I think it's nice to take a moment to reminisce about something for a moment

Anybody remember reading Roahl Dahl's The Witches?

I'm currently reading it with my younger brother, (who has now moved onto children's fiction) and its clearly easy to see why the author is so loved my many.

It's kids fiction, but only in the sense that it's depicted from the perspective of a child. If anything The Witches is incredibly brutal. A dark comedy, with some genuinely scary and disgusting scenes..

I remember as a kid being terrified of the film adaption. Particularly the scene when the Witches all 'reveal' themselves in the meeting.

The practical effects were really well done and I don't think in this day of CGI that it could be done better.

I think these days we get wrapped up in censorship and underestimate what children are capable of, and classic fiction really drives that point home when you compare it to its contemporaries.

And its prevalent in all media. Videogames for children really are different now, as are Television shows. Even comic books I argue are watered down.

We should worry less about age, and more about individual maturity.

Edit: Also why isn't there a videogame adaption of The Witches? I think it's would make a great adventure game myself.

You know that you're in relatively good place when it comes to a workplace, when you're giving a Raspberry Pi to just play around with.

Fuck cancer.

Seriously though is everything ok?

I believe he is talking about TotalBiscuit, who found out more cancer was found in his liver and he probably has about 2-3 years to live. Fucking depressing news regardless of your stance on him.

EDIT:source

I believe he is talking about TotalBiscuit, who found out more cancer was found in his liver and he probably has about 2-3 years to live. Fucking depressing news regardless of your stance on him.

I am indeed.

Yeah, that was really depressing to read. Not much I can really say beyond that.

e95pwAT.png

but he is a tough ole bastard, no way he's not going down without a fight.

I'm genuinely surprised that Universal Halloween Horror Nights hasn't done a maze based on American Horror Story

I bought my future nephew a dancing and singing Postman Pat toy for Christmas.

He will love it. He's OBSESSED with Postman Pat. My brother and his girlfriend will absolutely hate me for it.

Hahahahahahaaa! It's brilliant!

I can't wait to see the looks of joy and hatred.

I'm a wicked soul and I love it.

QBBiIhl5-SY

Stanley Kubrick's The Shining really has a lack of character. And I don't mean there weren't enough people in it.

Stanley Kubrick's The Shining really has a lack of character. And I don't mean there weren't enough people in it.

Are you serious?? I have the complete opposite feeling about it.

I think there's a step they missed here...

Ah, the old "RPG characters can't actually narratively die because phoenix down" joke.

I think there's a step they missed here...

Ah, the old "RPG characters can't actually narratively die because phoenix down" joke.

It's an out of context fanfic searcher so it's a lazy "plot" point then a lazy joke:P

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/01/what_stanley_kubrick_got_wrong_about_the_shining/

The movie was nothing like the book, it was Kubrick's baby not King's. King made his own adaption of The Shining later on and it was tripe.

So I still respectively disagree entirely.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/01/what_stanley_kubrick_got_wrong_about_the_shining/

The movie was nothing like the book, it was Kubrick's baby not King's. King made his own adaption of The Shining later on and it was tripe.

Kubrick's versions of King's characters were cardboard cutouts.

I don't hate the movie. I think it's a really good movie. But I don't think it to be a masterpiece. Horror is visceral, not cerebral.

Edit: AND ANOTHER THING! I actually saw the movie before I read the book.

My mother bought an android smartphone. I spent 2 hours explaining her it works, especially the wifi-dataroaming differences.

She had an android tablet last year but it's broken after she dropped it.

Parents are going on vacation, 3 days of Bangkok 3 weeks of New Zealand. My father is "what if we don't come back" mode. Telling me where all legal documents, keys, codes for banksafe, etc...

Time to uphold a yearly tradition of me and my friends watching three horror films a day in October until Halloween.

Today's serving: Suspiria, The Burning, Maniac

Funny, since King's characters ARE cardboard cutouts.

I take it you're not a fan.

The man writes cartoonishly broad caricatures of human beings. He's a vivid writer, and his ideas can be great, but when it comes to character I feel like he's slapping me in the face with them. It's off-putting for me.

If you think that to be true, you've obviously never read Misery or The Green Mile.

The man writes cartoonishly broad caricatures of human beings. He's a vivid writer, and his ideas can be great, but when it comes to character I feel like he's slapping me in the face with them. It's off-putting for me.

If you think that to be true, you've obviously never read Misery or The Green Mile.

Sup, guys. Let me just predict and pre-summarize the entire conversation that is about to unfold.

1317016342522_5448146.png