Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

I won't say anything spoilery but

The plot is nonsensical you are pointing out all the plot holes in your head as they happen. They try to connect all the films as one long chain but you quickly see it doesn't work. There are long long ass periods of nothing happening it takes forever for the bad guy to do anything and the ending makes no sense and is an anti climax and leaves a lot of threads hanging.

The plot is nonsensical you are pointing out all the plot holes in your head as they happen. They try to connect all the films as one long chain but you quickly see it doesn't work. There are long long ass periods of nothing happening it takes forever for the bad guy to do anything and the ending makes no sense and is an anti climax and leaves a lot of threads hanging.

Let me guess...

Christoph Waltz really is Ernst Stavro Blofeld

Let me guess...

Even had the cat. That wasn't why I hated it though by that point in the movie I was just bored shitless

Let me guess...

Even had the cat. That wasn't why I hated it though by that point in the movie I was just bored shitless

Was it at least better than Quantum of Solace

Let me guess...

Was it at least better than Quantum of Solace

Idk I saw QOC once.

Batisa's character

has no backstory no lines he just attacks Bond a lot no motivation no cool gimmick nothing!

I mentioned in the Last Movie... thread, but I enjoyed SPECTRE for what it was, though it did have a LOT of flaws.

For one thing,

they totally ripped off CapAm: Winter Soldier's plot for the bad guy's plan. Like, completely. It's almost identical. No helicarriers hailing down death, but otherwise it's the same damn thing. Christopher Waltz IS Alexander Pierce, for all intents and purposes.

Once I noticed this I couldn't help but realise how much better the other film was.

As for Batista...

he really is a completely generic thug. He has exactly one line - which he says really awkwardly when he dies - and isn't even NAMED. Waste of a surprisingly decent actor.

Oh, and there was absolutely no need to tie this back into Bond's past AGAIN. Seriously. None.

I mentioned in the Last Movie... thread, but I enjoyed SPECTRE for what it was, though it did have a LOT of flaws.

For one thing,

they totally ripped off CapAm: Winter Soldier's plot for the bad guy's plan. Like, completely. It's almost identical. No helicarriers hailing down death, but otherwise it's the same damn thing. Blofeld IS Alexander Pierce, for all intents and purposes.

As for Batista...

he really is a completely generic thug. He has exactly one line - which he says really awkwardly when he dies - and isn't even NAMED. Waste of a surprisingly decent actor.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he turned out to be Jaws, seeing as how

Waltz lied about not being Blofeld

. I wonder who they'll have play Knick Knack in the next movie.

And I'd still love to see Tom Hardy as James Bond. I like Idris Elba, but I like Tom Hardy more.

Daniel Craig's Bond quits at the end to actually go be with the girl this time round, so I'm pretty sure this IS his last film. Hardy for the next film! Woo!

I'd like to see a darker side to Bond, a more violent and personal side like in License to Kill.

And imagine the kind of resumé Hardy would have if he got the part. Bane, Mad Max, Charlie Bronson, both Kray brothers and James Bond all in the span of ten years.

EDIT: Warren Ellis has me covered on the dark Bond.

JamesBond01-Cov-A-Reardon-81568.jpg

Chances are you'd just post a funny random pic that expresses your opinion or gets your point across.

Things to look forward to tomorrow:

Scaring people

Halloween party

Viewing of John Carpenter's Halloween

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Scaring people

Halloween party

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Pretending to not be home so kids don't come to my door.

Scaring people

Halloween party

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Same here, I guess you're not a Halloween guy? At this rate, I think Halloween maybe cancelled due to the rain and flooding here in Dallas.

Scaring people

Halloween party

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Same here, I guess you're not a Halloween guy? At this rate, I think Halloween maybe cancelled due to the rain and flooding here in Dallas.

I have an compressed air gun rigged over my front porch and hidden so trick or treaters get treated to a loud blast of air and water when I see fit to set it off. It looks like a branch off a "scary" tree decoration. I look forward to scaring people with it.

Well, I'm taking my horror movie festival over into November, only on the first, because one of my buddies dug up a copy of a movie called A Serbian Film. We're all going in blind.

A Serbian... oh. Oh dear.

That film is going to destroy you.

If you don't know what it's about. Yeah. If you do, it's just a bad movie going for shock value. Really, hearing that movie and modern Family Guy explained to me, felt about the same, except one was supposed to be funny. Both are garbage.

(and no, I haven't wasted my time watching it. I've seen a few reviews/synopsis and I know everything that happens and that it's poorly made.)

PaxAus is seriously great! I just watched Warren Spector talk about Deus Ex as it was being played. My favourite panel so far. :D

Also met up with Cheeseness and the gang today. :)

I've heard that Jonathon Coulton is roaming around Pax this year but I'm yet to spot him.

A Serbian... oh. Oh dear.

That film is going to destroy you.

If you don't know what it's about. Yeah. If you do, it's just a bad movie going for shock value. Really, hearing that movie and modern Family Guy explained to me, felt about the same, except one was supposed to be funny. Both are garbage.

(and no, I haven't wasted my time watching it. I've seen a few reviews/synopsis and I know everything that happens and that it's poorly made.)

I made it through Pink Flamingoes (fuck that movie). I think I can handle it.

Happy Halloween

Used to be 1st of November: All Saints Day, 2nd of November: All Souls Day. That time of the year we to reminisce on the departed.

The past 10 years however this has changed to to Halloween, spooks, witches and candy