Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Why did I book a dentist appointment at 10am when I work at 3pm. That was sure stupid.

Why did I book a dentist appointment at 10am when I work at 3pm. That was sure stupid.

Just say it's a root canal and take off the entire day.

I was clicking the link as soon as I saw the words "Ian Bogost deconstructs". One of my favorite game critics. So brutal. So honest. And it seems almost always right. He's also pretty entertaining on twitter, if you like his sort of wry humor.

Anyway, TLDR:

But perhaps there is something far more interesting at work in Heavy Rain: its successful rejection of the primary operation of cinema. The game doesn't fully succeed in exploiting this power, but it does demonstrate it in a far more synthetic way than do other games with similar goals. If "edit" is the verb that makes cinema what it is, then perhaps videogames ought to focus on the opposite: extension, addition, prolonging. Heavy Rain does not embrace filmmaking, but rebuffs it by inviting the player to do what Hollywood cinema can never offer: to linger on the mundane instead of cutting to the consequential.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/132800/persuasive_games_the_picnic_.php

Watching coverage of Super Tuesday

Should be fun. :)

My gods.

Trump might actually win the nomination.

Gulp, Trump vs. Clinton.

So, Trump and Clinton have won 7 states each (although Alaska can be up for grabs for Trump) while Sanders has won 4 states, Cruz has won 2 states, and poor Rubio only won Minnesota.

My gods.

You know what. I'll startt stocking canned food now. You guys really don't know when a joke went too far.

Aren't they still making Family Guy?

My gods.

You know what. I'll startt stocking canned food now. You guys really don't know when a joke went too far.

Yes, what does that have to do with anything?

My gods.

They are? There is no hope.

American Dad>Family Guy

Trump's an idiot. Clinton's an idiot. Either way we're gonna end up with an idiot. It all comes down to which idiot.

Trump's an idiot. Clinton's an idiot. Either way we're gonna end up with an idiot. It all comes down to which idiot.

But only one results in "First Lady, Bill Clinton".

But only one results in "First Lady, Bill Clinton".

First Lady President and First Lady President!

Man, f*** america. This place is turning into a deeper and deepr sh**hole every damn year.

ABANDON SHIP.

Man, f*** america. This place is turning into a deeper and deepr sh**hole every damn year.

ABANDON SHIP.

don't you live in the greatest nation on earth?

ABANDON SHIP.

No.

A nation founded on some pretty good ideas, but slowly and methodically infiltrated beyond repair by corporate and religious interests so that it is being continously eroded, dismantled, and reduced to a system of empty gestures by those forces it was established to protect people against. And the general populace is apparently too f***ing incognizant of how this bullsh*t game is effing them up the A that they just cheer and ask for more please. You can stab the American populace to death with one hand as long as you're jerking off their petty prejudices with the other, and they're too enthralled at being jerked off to care what your other hand is doing.

THIS IS HOW HITLER HAPPENED.

America is a very, very, very, VERY big country. I think people from European countries sometimes understand conceptually that it is big but don't really fully grasp how incredibly huge it actually is. It is a very enormous place. And there are SO MANY PEOPLE in there. A sizeable portion of those people are pretty great. But it's becoming increasingly clear that America is 60% mentally retarded, and it can't make that number go down. Because the idiots reproduce like octomom.

ABANDON SHIP.

No.

A nation founded on some pretty good ideas, but slowly and methodically infiltrated beyond repair by corporate and religious interests so that it is being continously eroded, dismantled, and reduced to a system of empty gestures by those forces it was established to protect people against.

Wait a minute...

this is the European Union you're talking about

ABANDON SHIP.

No.

A nation founded on some pretty good ideas, but slowly and methodically infiltrated beyond repair by corporate and religious interests so that it is being continously eroded, dismantled, and reduced to a system of empty gestures by those forces it was established to protect people against.

Wait a minute...

this is the European Union you're talking about

Haha, yeah, touche on that I suppose.

In other news, while I'm feeling irritable and irascible today:

STUPID PET PEEVE OF THE DAY

People who don't use consistent naming conventions. Especially when it's professors. Makes my eye twitch.

HOW TO NAMING CONVENTION:

Article Analysis 1

Article Analysis 2

Article Analysis 3

Article Analysis 4

Article Analysis 5

HOW TO JUST NAME SH** WHATEVER

Article Analysis #1

Analysis of research 2

Third analysis

Article Analysis Four

Final Analytical Assignment

IT'S NOT HARD. COME ON.

ABANDON SHIP.

Yes. We just happen to have our fair share of idiots like every other country.

Conker is dead and we watched Microsoft kill him.

Conker is dead and we watched Microsoft kill him.
Twice, no less. That's pretty impressive.

And today we witnessed necrophilia.