Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

At this point I am almost certain that Hildabeast is going to end up winning. Both her and Trump are cut from the same cloth of pathological liars and narcissistic dipshits, but the Right is split on Trump to the point that you have people who will not vote at all. At this point it's game over either way.

Not that I'm surprised. We haven't had a decent president since JFK or Reagan.

At this point I am almost certain that Hildabeast is going to end up winning. Both her and Trump are cut from the same cloth of pathological liars and narcissistic dipshits, but the Right is split on Trump to the point that you have people who will not vote at all. At this point it's game over either way.

[internal Screaming!]

[internal Screaming!]

In cyberspace, no one can hear you scream.

I think it's gonna shake down like this:

Trump will get the nomination, even though that's completely f***ing insane and not even the republican party wants it to happen, the republican party is such a circus of insanity, getting worse and worse every passing year, that they basically did this to themselves. They couldn't stop Trump because, in trying to stop him, they kept doing more and more of the same stupid sh** that allowed him to happen in the first place. The party is an absolute mess.

Not that the dems are much better. It's supposed to be the party for the left, but it's been hijacked be neoliberals--conservatives wearing blue jackets--and the DNC has been barely disguising its attempts to rig the game for HRC the entire way. But since Hillary is a neoliberal and was always going to win because the DNC basically already crowned her before the primaries even started, here's the result:

It ends up being Trump vs Hillary. Hillary is going to beat Trump, but it's going to be a closer contest than it should be on any sane f***ing planet. But once Bernie is out of the way, Hillary won't be faced with the threat of losing to an actual progressive/liberal, so she won't have to pander to the left to win anymore. So instead of pandering left to pick up those Bernie votes, she's going to pander to the right to steal those Trump votes. And since she's a neoliberal anyway, she's already pretty conservative to start with.

TLDR: We're basically getting a conservative president either way. One is a psychotic narcissist who has no idea what in the f*** he's doing but is pretty proud of himself for doing it, and the other is a neoliberal careerist who pays mere lip service to the people she supposedly represents, shows all the signs of a war hawk, and has no real interest in improving living conditions for those disadvantaged by the status quo.

She's a way better choice than Trump, but it is basically lose/lose for America right now, overall. What a f***fest.

Talking politics is depressing. Let's get random again.

Quick! How many nicknames can you think of for random online players in multi games?

Rando Calrissian

The Amazing Rando

etc

Hey guys, can rape jokes be funny?

They're as funny as 9/11 jokes and Holocaust jokes. Long story short, the answer is no.

They're as funny as 9/11 jokes and Holocaust jokes. Long story short, the answer is no.

Simply untrue. Humor is not that black and white. Many many jokes revolve around schadenfreude, for better or for worse. It's all in the joke and it's execution. Examples:

(famous example)

MUKUbWT.jpg(debatable example)

Keep in mind I'm a mod and it may not look that good for Double Fine lol.

C'mon. Hail Bails rhymes.

Long story short, you should never use broad strokes like that when it comes to subjective matters like humor.

Quick! How many nicknames can you think of for random online players in multi games?

Rando Calrissian

The Amazing Rando

etc

How about "Marlon Rando"?

Rando Calrissian

The Amazing Rando

etc

Oh yeah! I forgot about that one!

Re: rape jokes

Louis CK also did a funny bit where he kinda seemed like he was making a rape joke at first, but then via some sneaky comedy judo, it turns out he was actually making fun of how incredibly stupid you would have to be to think/behave like a rapist.

Anyway, randos.

How about Rando Newman?

Rando Calrissian

The Amazing Rando

etc

Oh yeah! I forgot about that one!

Re: rape jokes

Louis CK also did a funny bit where he kinda seemed like he was making a rape joke at first, but then via some sneaky comedy judo, it turns out he was actually making fun of how incredibly stupid you would have to be to think/behave like a rapist.

I ask the question again, only this time regarding racist jokes and misogynistic jokes.

Rando Orton

I can't believe you didn't say Rando Savage.

OOOHHH YEAH SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Humor is subjective of course. So they very well can be.

and critical

(Removed picture) Bales: Not appropriate for this forum, clearly.

Well, I have no problem being politically incorrect when it comes to jokes, I just need to be at the right place and the right time. Remember when Daniel Tosh made a rape joke and some female audience member yelled, "Rape isn't funny." to which Tosh replied with, "Wouldn't it be funny if you were raped by a bunch of guys right now?" I remember that stand up kinda ruined his career. Sadly you also noticed a number of comedians coming out and saying they won't perform at colleges anymore because of the dominant PC crowd on campuses.

Didn't exactly ruin it seeing as how he still does Tosh.O.

@JelDeRebel

The mods are so gonna be on you for that.

and critical

That isn't humour, if you ask me. That's just a stupid political statement that I see way too often these days, presented with drawings.

Didn't exactly ruin it seeing as how he still does Tosh.O.

@JelDeRebel

The mods are so gonna be on you for that.

Agree and it's rare for mods to do something around here.

Anyways, my stepfather was admitted to the hospital today with high blood pressure. He may have had a mini-stroke.

No, never. Ever, in any context at all period and fucking shame on all of you who even tried to defend this bullshit just to appear "rational" and not be the fun killer. You're all adults and should know better. Shame on the fucking mods too for being in on this. Shame on ALL of you

But okay sure, let's entertain the notion that rape could be funny. Which part of it do you find funny? The part where the victim is in fear for their life? The part where they're scarred forever? The part where they have to live in shame because no one will take them seriously so they just keep it to themselves? Or is it the actual act of the rape, where the victim is dehumanized and degraded for someone else's pleasure?

Please DO tell me why you think rape is SO funny.

And to think, at one time when I was sexually assaulted, THESE were the forums I came to to share my experience and get support. What a shitty community with shitty standards.