Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Ugh, see, this is exactly what I'm talking about. That sense of entitlement.

So, basically I'm only allowed to either say positive things about remakes or I should keep my mouth shut and not voice my own opinion?

Actually, that seems perfectly reasonable...

I love remakes and without a doubt, the endless recycling of old properties in Hollywood is a thing of absolute brilliance. Long may it continue.

"If I don't like it then nobody else should and I will personally contribute to its failure so even the people who might potentially like this sort of thing are deprived"

When did I ever say that nobody else should like it? For example, I know that 'Mortis is looking forward to 'Ghostbusters' and for her sake, I genuinely hope that she enjoys the movie. I'm equally aware that you're looking forward to the movie, Carl and I hope that you also enjo... no, sorry, I just can't bring myself to say it. Still, I feel that I should say something nice in regards to you seeing the movie...

Um, okay... how about this; I know that you'll be watching the 'Ghostbusters' remake, Carl and I hope that it's a movie that you watch.

"I will personally contribute to its failure so even the people who might potentially like this sort of thing are deprived"

How am I "personally contributing to [the 'Ghostbusters' remake's] failure"? By stating my opinion? I'd love to think that the world at large, hung on my every word and opinion but the fact is that I'm a nobody (seriously, I have no body - I'm just a brain, with some electrodes haphazardly stuck in it). Believe me, no-one ever pays any heed to the opinion of a detached brain. I'd cry but, you know... I don't have any eyes.

Seriously though, perhaps you think that I'm on a mission to locate every copy of the movie that's sent to cinemas and burn them in a ritualistic fire of hared and then go stand outside the cinema with a picket, loudly proclaiming to all who come near, to "stay the Hell away from the 'Ghostbusters' remake".

Now, just because that's preciously what I did for every other remake of the past 10 years, it doesn't mean that's what I'm going to do for the 'Ghostbusters' remake. I mean, in all likelihood, I will do just that... but quite frankly, I don't like the assumption.

"Also, I'm going to insult the people who enjoy things that are different from what I like."

Okay, I'll admit that is my favourite pastime.

I can tell you right now, If Psychonauts 2 ended up changing developers halfway and they got the most soulless, designiest-by-commitiest people to handle it and it ended up being the exact opposite of everything I liked about the first game, I still wouldn't shit on it like this.

Meh, I would. From a great height and with a look of glee on my face, between squeezes.

It's immature as hell

Nuh-uh! You're the immature one - so there! Anyway, you started it, poopy face.

I'd go into the no doubt sexist undertones that's colouring your opinion on the movie, but you'd just deny that.

I deny that. Now get in the kitchen and make me a pie, woman.

Of COURSE your opinion is objective and rational, right?

Always. I'm looking out of my window right now and I can objectively see that the grass is pink and the sky is brown.

That's why you can come to a conclusion on what the movie is going to be like based on a couple minutes of footage.

Oh, come on now. That's not even remotely true. I didn't come to my conclusion based off a couple of minutes of footage.

...I came to my conclusion after a couple of seconds of Leslie Jones screaming "the power of Patty compels you".

Why can't you nerds chill out...

6OHC2jC.jpg

...okay whatever, have fun with your circlejerk I guess.

Thank you.

*squelch* *squelch* *squelch*

Honestly, Feig has a pretty great track record with comedy movies. The movie might not appeal to everyone, since Feig has a weird sense of humor, but he does good work.

Trailers, however, are not his forte. He has never, ever turned out a good trailer, but all his movies (well, at least the three I've seen) have been extremely enjoyable.

I've not watched any of Feig's previous movies for the exact reason that you just mentioned - the trailers for his movies all look absolutely abysmal. Still, it's interesting to note that Feig has a track record for bad trailers. Fingers crossed that 'Ghostbusters' might actually be a decent enough flick, when all's said and done. Personally, I'm still skeptical though.

I think remakes, in general, are just a cheap way to make more money. I mean how many westerns were pretty much the same movie with a different title and names? Now I'm taking more of a shot at Cabin Fever. Talk about scraping the bottom for an idea. A movie that isn't thought of as classic, which was already done many times before, is being remade. Why?

Good call. That looks to be the most pointless remake since Gus Van Sant's 'Psycho'. Except it's even worse than that movie because at least Hitchcock's 'Psycho' was nigh on 40 years old at the time of the remake. The original 'Cabin Fever' is only 14 years old!

Also, was anyone clamoring for a remake of 'Cabin Fever', of all things?! I mean, I enjoy the original for what it is - a schlocky horror flick but still, who the heck ever said "I think that Cabin Fever should be remade, little over a decade after release, with virtually no changes to the plot or dialogue?" I'll tell you who said that; no-one ever!

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

And hey, this reminds me, is you're shower working properly? I remember setting it to only burning hot and freezing cold, but more recently I rigged it to the sewer line. Hope you like piping hot s**t on your face in the morning, me old cream cracker.

*clenches fist* NEWMAN! NONAME!

That was so terrible and cringe-worthy I'm not gonna even reply to you or point out all the places where you deliberately twisted around what I was saying, and then proceeded to insult me summore AND be sexist.

You're a real piece of work, buddy. And the mods will gladly pat you on the back for it cuz you all came off the same boat.

That was so terrible and cringe-worthy I'm not gonna even reply to you or point out all the places where you deliberately twisted around what I was saying, and then proceeded to insult me summore AND be sexist.

Oh, Carl. You're such a curious little creature. One without a sense of humour, I might add.

By the way, you might want to read my Heroines of Hollywood article before you go accusing me of being sexist again. Of course, all men are sexist scum in your mind, right? People in glass houses, Carl. People in glass houses.

You're a real piece of work, buddy.

Thanks, pal.

And the mods will gladly pat you on the back for it cuz you all came off the same boat.

Hey, just because you weren't invited to the party boat and had to spend the evening attempting to build your own boat. It wasn't a boat though was it, Carl? It was a single-person raft made out of twigs and mud, with a 'I Hate Men' flag attached. It was quite adorable, really... in a pathetic sort of way.

Oh, Carl. You're such a curious little creature. One without a sense of humour, I might add.

By the way, you might want to read my Heroines of Hollywood article before you go accusing me of being sexist again. Of course, all men are sexist scum in your mind, right? People in glass houses, Carl. People in glass houses.

If we're putting the two evils of "being humourless in one dude's opinion" and "perpetuating harmful behaviours that affect the entire female population in the world" then yeah no contest I'll take the first, any day. Insult me all you want dude I got bigger, more important fish to fry.

And no, a huge goddamn thread about you gushing over Hollywood heroines doesn't absolve you of sexism btw. There is so much more to sexism than being an outright woman-hater (seriously, what a shallow way of looking at the issue), and until you acknowledge that, understand it, and actively challenge your thoughts and behaviors you'll probably always do something at least low-key sexist.

In that same vein you could say that, yes, alot, maybe even all, men are in fact sexist because they like to pat themselves on the back for doing the bare minimum required of being a decent human being, and blow up in the faces of women who try and tell them if they're being sexist. Which is really funny to me because men don't experience that particular type of discrimination, but act like they're the experts on it.

Oh and because it's already midnight here, happy International Women's day

Don't disappoint me too much, y'all

I got bigger, more important fish to fry.

No you don't. You spend the vast majority of your time on this forum.

And no, a huge goddamn thread about you gushing over Hollywood heroines doesn't absolve you of sexism btw.

It's relevant though. I linked to that article to try and point out that an all-female cast has absolutely nothing to do with why I'm sour towards the 'Ghostbusters' remake. You accused me of that very thing, despite me never once, not even remotely, making any comments to that effect.

Really what this boils down to is your own sexism. You automatically assume that because I'm cold towards the 'Ghostbusters' remake AND I'm a male, that I therefore, must surely have an issue with women in general. I'm not the sexist one here, Carl. You are.

I'd genuinely be curious to see how you'd react to a female who doesn't like the look of the 'Ghostbusters' remake...

diZV-1-EnzY

Come on then, Carl. What do you have to say to that? Is this lady (who had much the same reaction and thoughts as myself when watching the trailer) a-okay to say negative things? Whereas, I'm not allowed to have the exact same opinions just because I happen to be in possession of a penis?!

There is so much more to sexism than being an outright woman-hater (seriously, what a shallow way of looking at the issue), and until you acknowledge that, understand it, and actively challenge your thoughts and behaviors you'll probably always do something at least low-key sexist.

That's all well and good except for one small detail; I'm not a sexist (low-key or otherwise). I abhor sexism, racism and any other kind of prejudice and discrimination. I've had to deal with an awful lot of discrimination myself, as a matter of fact (which I won't go into details about here because you are not worthy of hearing about my personal issues).

In that same vein you could say that, yes, alot, maybe even all, men are in fact sexist because they like to pat themselves on the back for doing the bare minimum required of being a decent human being.

Are you really so dense that you can't see how that's a sexist statement to make?

Hey. You are crossing a fine line here.

Not really. If you've blocked Carl, then you're lacking the proper context in which I made my statement.

I'd also appreciate it if you wouldn't quote so much of Carl's content. There is a reason I chose to not see it in the first place.

I apologise about that but I can't really do otherwise. If I'm being attacked, for simply being a man, then I'm going to defend myself.

All I can think about now is that Deadpool scene.

All I can think about now is that Deadpool scene.

Phew, glad I wasn't the only one.

I've got so many creative projects to be getting on with but tonight is TV night. 'The X-files' and 'The People vs O.J. Simpson'. 2016 is off to a wonderful start in terms of television.

I think we need some good vibes up in here. Have some Monster Factory.

kT2Y6ftxilM

I joined a therapy organization that has organized groups to deal with my social phobias.

I have an art group on Fridays, and I've been using it to work on my webcomic... I just keep forgetting to scan in and upload the darn things.

I joined a therapy organization that has organized groups to deal with my social phobias.

Excellent news there, Jenni. I went to similar sessions some years back (also relating to social phobia). I did learn some useful coping techniques. I hope that they're able to help you in some way.

Right, that's enough.

You guys couldn't heed multiple warnings. The thread is now locked until Spaff and I have a chance to work through all this mess. I am super disappointed.

So, basically I'm only allowed to either say positive things about remakes or I should keep my mouth shut and not voice my own opinion?

Rule #1 of the forums is Be nice.. If you can't handle that, then it's probably best to not post.

And the mods will gladly pat you on the back for it cuz you all came off the same boat.

If you have issues with the moderation team, you need to start responding to messages from Spaff and the moderation team. Ignoring them is going to get you a ban.