Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

I got really sad when I first saw that article linked on Digg. Everytime I see an actor who I associate with Arrested Development (even the Fonz) I wish they just had a reunion of some sort, I wouldn't care if it was a new season or a movie.

Wasn't that Justan Bieber bitch on it (I have the right to insult him seeing how I'm probably younger and more mature. I won't even bother to look that up)? If so, I do not believe any of it was funny due to the horror.

I don't like the young musicians that people use to get money for a two year fad. I never have and I never will.

I don't like the young musicians that people use to get money for a two year fad. I never have and I never will.

So, he's not for you. He's for little girls. And he was on for like 10 minutes out of a 1 hour and a half show. The rest of which was mostly awesome.

I'm just that kid who listens to indie music and likes to criticize people I don't like. Don't pay much attention when I get mad over music based things. I once spent ten minutes explaining why Stevie Ray Vaughan was a better gutarist than Hendrix. I think I'm the only one who has that opinion.

Justin beiber made me lose faith in my own generation
Especially because this is how teens made music in the 80's.

Hardcore's not for everyone, but the Teen Idles helped the DC punk scene expand while being like fifteen. If it wasn't for the Idles, rock music today would be a lot different (especially because they paved the way for Ian to start Minor Threat, his next band, arguably the best punk rock band ever).

I like music that's crystal clear. You have individual parts, bass, strings, percussion, wind what have you. You have vocals, you have music and lyrics and everything combines and compliments to create a sound that can be either simple or complex but is always perfectly clear. The listener can take the song apart in their mind and each individual piece. Hear what it brings to the music.

With the kind of stuff I just heard I can't do that. It's all a meaningless rush of sound.

I like music that's crystal clear. You have individual parts, bass, strings, percussion, wind what have you. You have vocals, you have music and lyrics and everything combines and compliments to create a sound that can be either simple or complex but is always perfectly clear. The listener can take the song apart in their mind and each individual piece. Hear what it brings to the music.

With the kind of stuff I just heard I can't do that. It's all a meaningless rush of sound.

Then again, you would love

A lot.

And yes I am currently on a mission to get everyone to love Camel, and I mean everyone.

Yeah, I am making it a point to link to a Camel track during any discussion in music. I hope to spark interest in this forgotten awesome band.

Also not just the Synthesizers, I love how they use the guitars, flutes, synths, and even vocals as different sort of dueling/complimenting melodies. They truly are masters of atmosphere and composition.

I'll start doing that with The Mountain Goats (don't I already though). Hey if you like easily picking out individual parts you should try listening to the Goats!

i vote for the analrapist card

now let us all mourn the arrested development movie that never happened

I couldn't make it look good with scaling, be readable, and still look like a business. Now I'm trying to make something creative.