Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

To Batman: I don't know. I don't like it. I'm very happy and relaxed during fall though. I think it has somehing to do with me wanting to get out of school.

My prefered music in seasons:

Spring: Mellow sad acoustic music (not really a genre, but you get what I mean), Blues

Summer: Grunge, 60's Pop and Rock,

Fall: Indie Pop (mainly Elephant 6)

Winter: Punk, Metal, Noise, Rap

Music and video games are just about all I live for, haha. I also love getting a cross section of different forum music tastes.

Prog and Sci-fi were made for each other. My favorite combo is anything experimental with good modernist literature. I first read The Metamorphosis to the sounds of Pierre Schaeffer's musique concrète and that was one of the most atmospheric readings I had ever done.

Music and video games are just about all I live for, haha. I also love getting a cross section of different forum music tastes.

Prog and Sci-fi were made for each other. My favorite combo is anything experimental with good modernist literature. I first read The Metamorphosis to the sounds of Pierre Schaeffer's musique concrète and that was one of the most atmospheric readings I had ever done.

Exactly what I say, which might be why its my favorite music genre, since Space Operas are my favorite types of stories. Although I am less into the experimental side of prog as I am with the Symphonic and classical elements of it. Bands like Kaipa, Yes, Anglagard, and Kamelot really drives me to make my own music and blend the emotional side with the technical/experimental side.

Also I think my seasonal music goes something like:

Winter: Doom Metal, Folk Metal, country blues

Spring: Classic Rock, Space rock, Psychedellic prog

Summer: Thrash metal, Power metal, sci-fi music (like the mass effect soundtrack)

Fall: Folk metal, Power metal, Thrash metal

Throw in some Symphonic prog and progressive power metal for 365 days, and you pretty much have it.

We should really just have a last.fm group to see what sorts of music we like.

Note: I just made this for a visual. It's just an idea, we don't have to use it.

Edit: I was responding to the cross-section part of Hungryfreak's post.

Yeah, is it just not loading? I've been having issues with last.fm today. I only managed to get on three times today.

The sunset kicks ass. I still remember back when I was in Israel, watching the sun sink into the horizon atop Zefat. Come to think of it, I saw a lot of beautiful sunsets out there, though I've got to give credit to the sunrise over Masada as well.

Note: I just made this for a visual. It's just an idea, we don't have to use it.

I'm getting a 'no such group' message.

The sunset kicks ass. I still remember back when I was in Israel, watching the sun sink into the horizon atop Zefat. Come to think of it, I saw a lot of beautiful sunsets out there, though I've got to give credit to the sunrise over Masada as well.

I'm getting a 'no such group' message.

Edit: Oh, the forums is removing the ! from the url. Add a ! after the word group.

No problem. I had over 100 The Mountain Goats plays last week. Prepare for obnoxious numbers of The Mountain Goats plays.

I am very positive that is exactly the case. Especially me with a lot of scarecrows stuff, no offense scarecrow.

When Hungryfreak comes on I'll have "Super" compatibility with at least one person.

I think it's cool that we all have drastically different taste. It will make seeing what people listen to more fun.

I have joined! And yes, I do have super with Insomnia, surprise surprise. I've also got medium with Senior and his prog catalogue. Very low with everyone else, though.

I was just watching "Xiaolin Showdown" and... Man do I miss those saturday mornings.

Xiaolin Showdown was why I started liking the name "Rai" in the first place (well that and pokemon).

I was just watching "Xiaolin Showdown" and... Man do I miss those saturday mornings.

Xiaolin Showdown was why I started liking the name "Rai" in the first place (well that and pokemon).

I never saw that show, but to me it always looked like a rip off of Jackie Chan's Adventures (which I loved).

Signing up for last.fm and joining the group now, I doubt anything I listen to will be liked by you guys. Maybe, who knows.

I love both the sunset and sunrise, they're beautiful.

And both Xiaolin Showdown AND Jackie Chan's Adventures kicked major ass.

since we are talking about old shows..let me stretch your memory to the awesomeness that was Time Squad on Cartoon Network. Anyone remember that mofo? I've been trying to find clips or episodes and am having no luck