Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

People who don't like the Beatles haven't listened to the Beatles. This is a fact, the Beatles had so many different styles that not liking them is impossible

It's not impossible, but its hard. I do like The Beatles but their music is usually too simple at times for me.

How much jazz/prog do you listen to?

Not really much jazz, but a lot of prog. I mean A LOT of prog. I don't dislike some simple musics, there are many different ways to do it but when I say simple I mean their compositions and their song structures are very very simple. It's just a prefference to me that I like more things going on, its why I prefer 1960's era Pink Floyd to anything The Beatles did.

It's not a bad thing, Im just a big prog fan as well, haha. Im surprised you don't listen to a lot of jazz, though. The two go hand in hand. Are you a Frank Zappa fan?

I can't say that I am because I haven't listened anything by him, but I hear his stuff is really good and I was going to get around to checking out his work sometime. As for jazz I never really got much into jazz since I don't know anyone personally who is but there is a lot of jazz songs I do like.

You should definitely check out Zappa. The majority of his music is put under the prog rock genre, but his range is much grater than that. Check out Apostrophe, We're Only in it for the Money and Hot Rats (You kind of have to start with a few albums to get a general idea of his music. He has quite a large discography).

Do you have basic jazz albums? I'll just throw out a small list of the most basic albums you should own or pick up:

Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um

Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue, Bitches Brew

John Coltrane - Blue Train, My Favorite Things

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out

it's raining

It's pouring

The old man is snoring.

Also, I dislike the Beatles. I don't believe that they're as good as everyone says they are.

Says the man who completed that insipid rhyme.

since when have you been scarecrow again?

You like thunderstorms, too? I always enjoy them for one reason or another (unless they destroy the town. That only happened once so far, and it was only half of the town at that).

Lol, yeah I like T-storms. I like standing outside as they approach. The cool air feels great and you smell the rain. I love that smell. Just before a thunderstorm. And during I love the sound of heavy rain pattering against the roof with the occasional thunderclap to keep you on your toes. T-storms also help keep me awake in bed to some degree. So I can enjoy actually being in bed rather then just falling straight to sleep.

You guys are lucky, I live in a desert. The closest moisture to me is in the mountains and its only snow, never rain. *sigh*

Lol, yeah I like T-storms. I like standing outside as they approach. The cool air feels great and you smell the rain. I love that smell. Just before a thunderstorm. And during I love the sound of heavy rain pattering against the roof with the occasional thunderclap to keep you on your toes. T-storms also help keep me awake in bed to some degree. So I can enjoy actually being in bed rather then just falling straight to sleep.

Haha, I'd have to agree with most of that aside from the wakefulness when actually trying to sleep. Thunderstorms always tend to lull me to sleep, unless the thunder is too loud, of course.

Overcast skies and windy days are nice, too.

You guys are lucky, I live in a desert. The closest moisture to me is in the mountains and its only snow, never rain. *sigh*

Aw. You know, I've never been to the desert. Is it a dry heat, or a humid heat?

Nice to finally meet someone else who likes overcast days more than bright cloudless days! The sky is kind of boring when it's just bright and blue, anyway.

I've been here for over a week, and yet I still feel like I'm introducing myself. At that, it's in the wrong thread!

Haha, I'd have to agree with most of that aside from the wakefulness when actually trying to sleep. Thunderstorms always tend to lull me to sleep, unless the thunder is too loud, of course.

Overcast skies and windy days are nice, too.

Aw. You know, I've never been to the desert. Is it a dry heat, or a humid heat?

Um no offense but the term desert implies that there is almost no moisture in the air ever. Its ok though since you have never been to one, trust me sometimes they are cool and give you an isolated feel but mostly they are hot and there is no shade, but the best part about New Mexico is that there is really three distinct climates here. The 'Bosque' as its normally called is like a dry plain there are trees and plant life but its really lacking and its mostly found in the middle and west area of the state. The pure desert, its dry there is lots of dirt and almost no plants or animals, also its very flat land in the southland and east part of NM. The last is the mountains, the mountains are my favorite place in New Mexico and anywhere, its nothing but pure ever green forests, its great for hunting deer and elk and its great if you hate the city (like me).

I have lived in all three types of climates here, of course there are more but those are the main ones.

Nice to finally meet someone else who likes overcast days more than bright cloudless days! The sky is kind of boring when it's just bright and blue, anyway.

I've been here for over a week, and yet I still feel like I'm introducing myself. At that, it's in the wrong thread!

Don't let your tiny text worry about it. It takes a while to get properly acquainted with someone. So many things to learn about a person. Unless you're one of the music buffs that moved in when Brutal Legend came out. In which case all conversation leads back to music so It's difficult to learn anything about them. *Waves at HungryFreak*

Um no offense but the term desert implies that there is almost no moisture in the air ever. Its ok though since you have never been to one, trust me sometimes they are cool and give you an isolated feel but mostly they are hot and there is no shade, but the best part about New Mexico is that there is really three distinct climates here. The 'Bosque' as its normally called is like a dry plain there are trees and plant life but its really lacking and its mostly found in the middle and west area of the state. The pure desert, its dry there is lots of dirt and almost no plants or animals, also its very flat land in the southland and east part of NM. The last is the mountains, the mountains are my favorite place in New Mexico and anywhere, its nothing but pure ever green forests, its great for hunting deer and elk and its great if you hate the city (like me).

I have lived in all three types of climates here, of course there are more but those are the main ones.

Ah. In the summer around here, it's usually so humid that it's difficult to even breathe. It was pleasantly dry when I was in Europe, though, which felt strange to me. I'm aware that a pure desert would be almost entirely dry in terms of heat alone, but there are some sections that I've heard can be pretty muggy at certain times of the year.

Nothing around here but a bunch of lakes and caves.

Don't let your tiny text worry about it. It takes a while to get properly acquainted with someone. So many things to learn about a person. Unless you're one of the music buffs that moved in when Brutal Legend came out. In which case all conversation leads back to music so It's difficult to learn anything about them. *Waves at HungryFreak*

I think I'm best defined as a late-comer around here, since I'm.. What, five years behind? Then again, I was a fan of Grim Fandango long before the most excellent game Psychonauts brought joy to my life.

Wow, were the forums down for everyone else for the last 5 hours?

Unless you're one of the music buffs that moved in when Brutal Legend came out. In which case all conversation leads back to music so It's difficult to learn anything about them. *Waves at HungryFreak*

I've been here at least since Brütal Legend was first mentioned, but rarely used the forums back then. And it's a forum. I like music so I talk about music, just as you like pretending you're the good guy so you try turning conversations with newcomers into us versus them speeches.

Other than music, video games, tv and Lovecraft, I prefer to be an enigma wrapped in a riddle shrouded in mystery.

Unless you're one of the music buffs that moved in when Brutal Legend came out. In which case all conversation leads back to music so It's difficult to learn anything about them. *Waves at HungryFreak*

I've been here at least since Brütal Legend was first mentioned, but rarely used the forums back then. And it's a forum. I like music so I talk about music, just as you like pretending you're the good guy so you try turning conversations with newcomers into us versus them speeches.

Other than music, video games, tv and Lovecraft, I prefer to be an enigma wrapped in a riddle shrouded in mystery.

I wasn't making an us versus them speech. I was pointing out that I know next to nothing about you. And when it comes to music I can't keep up with you because you're so much more immersed in it. I'm sorry if I offended you. And I am a good guy. I'm not pretending.

You know, it's surprising, for a college town Athens doesn't get a lot of shows. At least none that interest me. All of the artists I'd consider seeing are kind of small time and so they pretty much stick close to their home. Most of the time that's somewhere in California.

Come on Adjoa Skinner, bring your act to the East Coast already.

I wasn't making an us versus them speech. I was pointing out that I know next to nothing about you. And when it comes to music I can't keep up with you because you're so much more immersed in it. I'm sorry if I offended you. And I am a good guy. I'm not pretending.

Just stay away from the generalizations and you'll be cured in a week.

I'm just exhausted after finally having work to do all week, so excuse any of my idiotic semi-cranky fatigued jargon.

the tornadoes in mississippi weren't too far away from where i live. :down:

could've been us...