Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

I will not click it...I will not click it...

*clicks*

...AAAAH!

(Ah, the internet. The very reason that I believe that all homes should have chemical eye-wash stations.)

I will not click it...I will not click it...

*clicks*

...AAAAH!

(Ah, the internet. The very reason that I believe that all homes should have chemical eye-wash stations.)

There, there, here's some cookies and milk.

Although i liked it at first, Im really starting to hate avatar, people are saying its the best film ever made. Its not, anybody could make a movie as good as it if they had the budget
The actual movie was horrible, but those special effects were the best anyone has ever done. Even only considering science fiction last year, Moon was far better; hell, even District 9 was better, and I hated that movie. But yeah, Avatar doesn't come anywhere close to movies like Seven Samurai or Citizen Kane.

IMO, Avatar did a better job than any movie I've ever seen creating an entirely different place that I've never been to. Honestly, plot becomes an afterthought when the world is that nice looking.

If you're going to compare Acatar and District 9 IMO

Setting:

Characters:

Story:

Special Effects:

Like Scarecrow said, that plot for Avatar wasn't that bad. I'm looking at the movies playing right now, and I see Iron Man 2 (I'm betting it's the same plot as every other marvel movie), Furry Vengance (Dr. Dolittle), Nightmare on Elmstreet (Remake), The Backup Plan (Romantic comedey I think? Haven't watched many, but it sounds a little generic), The Losers (Shoot-em-up, don't even know if this has a plot), Oceans (Ok, I kind of want to see this even though it's a documentary), Date Night (Romantic Comedey, sounds the same to me), and Clash of the Titans (Seriously? Hero clock has been done a million times, but it's still good). Do any of those have a clearly more creative plot than Avatar? Does not having a completely new plot make a movie bad? Honestly, if all of those movies, Avatar, and District 9 were made into books, I would still proboably be most likely to read Avatar. And the fact that anyone could make a movie like this if they had the money dosen't bother me, because it didn't make Avatar any less enjoyable and there still aren't any other movies with special effects as good as Avatar.

Don't mean to be argumentative and long-winded, but I'm not on-board with all the Avatar-bashing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipiPTaEKcMs&feature=related

Oh wow I forgot how great the pokemon anime used to be... This clip is surprisingly dark and well-written, something you wouldn't expect from the show.

Its also kinda sad. Its 10 minutes long, so don't watch if you don't have the attention span, but its really good. This is how the show was before they took all the good stuff out a couple years ago. I'd actually watch the show if it was still like this.

Video's private

IMO, Avatar did a better job than any movie I've ever seen creating an entirely different place that I've never been to. Honestly, plot becomes an afterthought when the world is that nice looking.

If you're going to compare Acatar and District 9 IMO

Setting:

Characters:

Story:

Special Effects:

Like Scarecrow said, that plot for Avatar wasn't that bad. I'm looking at the movies playing right now, and I see Iron Man 2 (I'm betting it's the same plot as every other marvel movie), Furry Vengance (Dr. Dolittle), Nightmare on Elmstreet (Remake), The Backup Plan (Romantic comedey I think? Haven't watched many, but it sounds a little generic), The Losers (Shoot-em-up, don't even know if this has a plot), Oceans (Ok, I kind of want to see this even though it's a documentary), Date Night (Romantic Comedey, sounds the same to me), and Clash of the Titans (Seriously? Hero clock has been done a million times, but it's still good). Do any of those have a clearly more creative plot than Avatar? Does not having a completely new plot make a movie bad? Honestly, if all of those movies, Avatar, and District 9 were made into books, I would still proboably be most likely to read Avatar. And the fact that anyone could make a movie like this if they had the money dosen't bother me, because it didn't make Avatar any less enjoyable and there still aren't any other movies with special effects as good as Avatar.

Don't mean to be argumentative and long-winded, but I'm not on-board with all the Avatar-bashing.

The basic storyline of a romantic comedy

Boy meets girl.

Something happens and now they can't be together.

Boy makes to girl by saying I love you and kissing her.

Happily ever after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipiPTaEKcMs&feature=related

Oh wow I forgot how great the pokemon anime used to be... This clip is surprisingly dark and well-written, something you wouldn't expect from the show.

Its also kinda sad. Its 10 minutes long, so don't watch if you don't have the attention span, but its really good. This is how the show was before they took all the good stuff out a couple years ago. I'd actually watch the show if it was still like this.

Video's private

When did that happen?

This was the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YoBOzeBs04

Um, I had a big ol' ranty thing about choir and lesbians, but it turned out to be long and negative enough that I think I'll got post it in either the Angst topic or the Relationships topic. (Which is what I think of them as in my head)

It's my birthday today! I'm 16 now.

Happy birthday! I'll eat noodles in your honor tonight.

I don't know why, but I don't know what to post until I went here to post abut how I have nothing to post. I guess posting That i'm moving to puerto rico may 19 is something to post about.

Augh this sucks I am so hungryyyyyy :T I'm not allowed to eat anything until 6 p.m. today and I've been up since 7:00! That includes my antidepressant/anti-stress medication, throat drops and FUCKIN' IBUPROFEN! AAAAHH DAMMIT

Of course this happens on a day when I've got a sore throat and FRIGGIN CRAMPS

At least I probably won't have to take their stupid pregnancy test. sdfsdg.

Oh, yeah... and this is my one year anniversary of joining the DFAF. Has it really only been a year?

Gridsleep would you change your avatar? I think it's literally driving me insane...

NEW POKEMON HAVE BEEN RELEASED

YEAAAAAAAAH

Look at that grass starter he is so smug looking all smuggysmugsmug totally getting him

Pig is cute and otter is all DURPDURP.

Augh this sucks I am so hungryyyyyy :T I'm not allowed to eat anything until 6 p.m. today and I've been up since 7:00! That includes my antidepressant/anti-stress medication, throat drops and FUCKIN' IBUPROFEN! AAAAHH DAMMIT

Of course this happens on a day when I've got a sore throat and FRIGGIN CRAMPS

At least I probably won't have to take their stupid pregnancy test. sdfsdg.

Oh, yeah... and this is my one year anniversary of joining the DFAF. Has it really only been a year?

Periods suck.

Also, congratulations.

Periods suck.
Yeah, what else is new?

Anyway, my fluoroscopy went well. The x-ray operator told me I was the most patient, cooperative and polite person they'd had in for years , if not ever, which I guess makes sense since it's a children's hospital.

Gridsleep would you change your avatar? I think it's literally driving me insane...

No don't grid, your Ood avatar is your best avatar ever.

On the topic of Oods, what's a good Ood episode?

No don't grid, your Ood avatar is your best avatar ever.

On the topic of Oods, what's a good Ood episode?

A: Wouldn't it be a short drive? Katez, your avatar gives me epileptic fits. But I shouldn't complain, it's so hard to get good fits these days.

B: Scarecrow, are you saying an Ood is better than Tim Schafer shooting fire and death beams from his eyes?

C: There have only been about six or seven episodes with Ood in them, and only three where they weren't cameos. I prefer the first episode in which they appeared, The Impossible Planet, where they open the door and say "We must feed..." "We must feed..." "We must feed...you. Would you like sustenance?"