Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

As if Tim would mind. Although I have my suspicions he might have a zipper in his forehead.

Proud to say that we (being my family and I) just found out that we'll be hosting our 9th foreign exchange student.

She wants to see snow, so I really hope it snows this winter!

Thailand. Not sure if Thailand has regions where it snows or not, but from her introduction letter, she's never seen real snow in her life.

It also says that her family survived the recent tsunami, but the host family that said they'd host her rudely backed out of it with no explanation other than "We can't do it right now."..

Either way, I'm excited to be a host sister again.

We haven't hosted a student in well over a year.

How does you go about becoming a host family for foreign exchange?

I saw your typo~

With me, it was accidental. Years ago, I met a girl on my schoolbus who was being made fun of by other kids. They called her rather rude stereotypical names, and let's just say I defended her. We became friends, but tragedy struck her own host family when her host mother had to undergo surgery. Due to this, the family couldn't keep her around anymore. She was really upset about it, since she had only been in America for two weeks, and she had to go home so soon. So, her host family spoke with my family, since she and I had become such good friends so quickly. So, my family decided to host her for the year. The next day, as we sat together on the schoolbus, I asked her if she wanted to go to the movies the following weekend. She sadly said that she couldn't, since she had to go back to Vietnam. I then informed her that she wasn't leaving, since my family decided to host her instead. She started crying and said she was so happy and relieved..

So, touched by that, we agreed to host students for the rest of my school years. It went into my college years a bit, when our own family had reasons to stop hosting for a while. But, now we're hosting again.

...But, normally, you simply contact an area representative of one of many foreign exchange companies and put your name on their list, and they'll send you profiles on potential students to take in.

Gridsleep would you change your avatar? I think it's literally driving me insane...

No don't grid, your Ood avatar is your best avatar ever.

On the topic of Oods, what's a good Ood episode?

A: Wouldn't it be a short drive? Katez, your avatar gives me epileptic fits. But I shouldn't complain, it's so hard to get good fits these days.

B: Scarecrow, are you saying an Ood is better than Tim Schafer shooting fire and death beams from his eyes?

C: There have only been about six or seven episodes with Ood in them, and only three where they weren't cameos. I prefer the first episode in which they appeared, The Impossible Planet, where they open the door and say "We must feed..." "We must feed..." "We must feed...you. Would you like sustenance?"

Oh, I had heard of them and didn't realize they started with Tennant (I checked the Wikipedia page for that episode to see which Doctor it was). I've been watching mainly the classics (Genesis of the Daleks, Caves of Androzani, and Inferno to name a few). I really need to watch more new Who.

How does you go about becoming a host family for foreign exchange?

I saw your typo~

With me, it was accidental. Years ago, I met a girl on my schoolbus who was being made fun of by other kids. They called her rather rude stereotypical names, and let's just say I defended her. We became friends, but tragedy struck her own host family when her host mother had to undergo surgery. Due to this, the family couldn't keep her around anymore. She was really upset about it, since she had only been in America for two weeks, and she had to go home so soon. So, her host family spoke with my family, since she and I had become such good friends so quickly. So, my family decided to host her for the year. The next day, as we sat together on the schoolbus, I asked her if she wanted to go to the movies the following weekend. She sadly said that she couldn't, since she had to go back to Vietnam. I then informed her that she wasn't leaving, since my family decided to host her instead. She started crying and said she was so happy and relieved..

So, touched by that, we agreed to host students for the rest of my school years. It went into my college years a bit, when our own family had reasons to stop hosting for a while. But, now we're hosting again.

...But, normally, you simply contact an area representative of one of many foreign exchange companies and put your name on their list, and they'll send you profiles on potential students to take in.

*Sniff* Wow, definitely something to look into.

Nikko and I invented a word today... MANGST. It's like angst, but MANLY! MANLY ANGST! Good old-fashioned alcohol-sweat-blood-and-assorted-other-various-bodily-fluids angst!

Nikko and I invented a word today... MANGST. It's like angst, but MANLY! MANLY ANGST! Good old-fashioned alcohol-sweat-blood-and-assorted-other-various-bodily-fluids angst!

Mangst: as in, not Marth.

I just learned that Frank Frazetta died Monday. That man sure could make good dark fantasy paintings. I really need to fix my computer so I don't find things like this out like a week late.

I was at a lovely restaurant yesterday. They had a nice chocolate fountain, so I thought I'd try it out. Right as I skewered a strawberry and prepared to drizzle it under the flowing chocolate, some little kid ran up and stuck his hand into the fountain.

It didn't end there.

The kid started to lick his hand of all the chocolately goodness.

...Then he put his hand back into the fountain and repeated this act several times.

I walked off with my naked skewered strawberry and ate a bare almond cookie instead.

I am back from Idaho! WHO MISSED ME

I was at a lovely restaurant yesterday. They had a nice chocolate fountain, so I thought I'd try it out. Right as I skewered a strawberry and prepared to drizzle it under the flowing chocolate, some little kid ran up and stuck his hand into the fountain.

It didn't end there.

The kid started to lick his hand of all the chocolately goodness.

...Then he put his hand back into the fountain and repeated this act several times.

I walked off with my naked skewered strawberry and ate a bare almond cookie instead.

^ this is why i hate children.

EDIT: this is the second time you posted right in front me me katez, and it looked like i insulted you. :lol:

I missed you!

So, how was the state of potatoes?

I did!

But I missed everyone.

Because I was gone for a while.

You were gone?

I know I was like. "Whaa?"

It must've been a one day absence or something. I think she was posting on Friday. *searches for proof*

I did!

But I missed everyone.

Because I was gone for a while.

Do you miss me? (Who ever you are)