Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

People at times are so stupid they force me into a rant, so here's one.

Well Australia had an election or something (I know about it, it's just so much crap happened I can't be bothered explaining it) and the candidates are Tony Abbott (Liberal Party) and Julia Gillard (Labor Party).

Anyway I'm not really disclosing who I prefer cos that's not neccasary to the rest of this tale.

Well a group on facebook (one of those really stupid gullible people groups stating a fact people must be outraged about without any real citation) is titled "No Julia, I will not go to school six days a week, fuck you". This one group is the only mention of this entire concept, googling it finds no news story whatsoever. People are actually stupid enough to believe this complete tosh, seriously I have people on facebook who "liked" this page showing me that stupidity really holds no bounds and that people will believe whatever they are told simply because it's on a dodgy facebook group.

One of those cake face type girls actually mentioned it in my maths class today ("I don't want Gillard in, she's going to make us go to school six days a week") I had to contain myself from having a huge rant about her clear stupidity.

Anyway for all I know this entire six days scam is something liberals doing to tarnish her repution (though I doubt it). Anyway if it was it wouldn't work for two main reasons:

1. The people that would care about going to school 6 days a week are too young to vote

2. The people that actually believe Julia gillard is going to make school six days a week are to stupid to know how to vote

Anyway enough ranting, if you want I can describe what happened in the election, maybe I can keep you updated about what's happening in Australia or something.

I had a bit of a scare a few minutes ago.

So, I mentioned before that I have giant cats, right? Most of the boys we have out in the house now are only around 20 pounds (they look larger due to being fluffeh), but our largest cat is Wills, who weighs in at around 30 pounds. They're all very sweet and affectionate. Which is great when your gf just broke up with you (again, god, can't she just make up her damn mind, I mean I love the girl dearly but I'm not up for being her emotional buffer) and you're looking for cuddles, but not so great when you're, say, trying to eat dinner, or play video games. They are mostly very smart, and are entirely capable of undoing supposedly child-proof latches, opening cardboard boxes (without tape of course) or making trying to play Dargron Aeg a living hell because they know you're ignoring them. They're also capable of knocking spindlier structures over.

So, I'm using my laptop on this laptop desk, right? It's a light, portable desk made of aluminum tubing and a wooden desk surface. It's specifically made for using laptops on. Woo hoo, good for me, yes? And the aforementioned Wills comes along, (I assume) realizes I'm not paying attention to him, and puts all his effort into making me pay attention to him. Hopping up into my lap? No, not okay right now, sorry dear. Attempting to push my chair away from the desk? Closer, but I've got 65 pounds on you. Attempting to push the desk away from my chair? No, go away cat, I'm trying to do stuff now. Chewing on my ethernet cable? OH MY GOD STOP THAT RIGHT NOW CAT OKAY I AM GETTING THE SQUIRT BOTTLE.

So I spray him with water from the squirt bottle, and he jumps like a foot and attempts to dash away. However, in his attempts at masticating the ethernet cable, he somehow got himself tangled up in it. And the cable itself was already wrapped around one of the legs of the laptop desk, which tips over... and I just barely catch it.

I don't, however, catch the computer.

It slides off the surface of the desk, to my horror, and hits the floor with a loud (and terrifying) bang. Instants after impact, the screen goes black.

I'm convinced, at this point, that I have ruined my computer, my computer which I still have to pay off, and the phrase 'oh shit' is repeating over and over in my head, mantra-like. I'm terrified that any moment my mom will come in going 'what was that' and she'll see the computer on the floor, lying dead and broken, and she'll never understand that it wasn't my fault at all, it wasn't, and I'll never be trusted with a computer again...

I pick up the laptop, gingerly, as one would pick up a beloved pet or younger sibling that one was certain was near death if not already dead. As I pick it up, a large section of it remains on the ground. I'm practically in tears at this point, knowing that my mother will come in any second now, and how cruel was fate, and GOD DAMMIT CAT.

Then I realize that the impact detached my battery pack, and my computer hadn't been hooked up to power at the time. I click the battery back into place, and switch it on. All is well. Then I remember my mom isn't even home, in fact nobody but me is home, and nobody will ever have to know about it.

Then I go write a silly forum post describing the events of a few seconds like an epic adventure, possibly with unicorns.

I haven't been to a D&D meet since July. That sounds like I'm cutting down, but really it's because we haven't had a meet since July.

@Dinnerordie: That whole election situation is messed up anyway. Have you ever seen one good picture of Abbott? It's a goddamn conspiracy.

@Katez: My cats are similar, but they know not to mess with me whist I'm busy.

Katez, would I seem like a bleeding heart, animal-rights-activist-type, crazy cat lady if I said that I'm glad it was the laptop and not the cat?

Because I'm really glad it was the laptop, despite the horrible trauma it might have brought you if the outcome had been less non-broken.

So, I mentioned before that I have giant cats, right? Most of the boys we have out in the house now are only around 20 pounds (they look larger due to being fluffeh), but our largest cat is Wills, who weighs in at around 30 pounds. They're all very sweet and affectionate. Which is great when your gf just broke up with you (again, god, can't she just make up her damn mind, I mean I love the girl dearly but I'm not up for being her emotional buffer) and you're looking for cuddles, but not so great when you're, say, trying to eat dinner, or play video games. They are mostly very smart, and are entirely capable of undoing supposedly child-proof latches, opening cardboard boxes (without tape of course) or making trying to play Dargron Aeg a living hell because they know you're ignoring them. They're also capable of knocking spindlier structures over.

So, I'm using my laptop on this laptop desk, right? It's a light, portable desk made of aluminum tubing and a wooden desk surface. It's specifically made for using laptops on. Woo hoo, good for me, yes? And the aforementioned Wills comes along, (I assume) realizes I'm not paying attention to him, and puts all his effort into making me pay attention to him. Hopping up into my lap? No, not okay right now, sorry dear. Attempting to push my chair away from the desk? Closer, but I've got 65 pounds on you. Attempting to push the desk away from my chair? No, go away cat, I'm trying to do stuff now. Chewing on my ethernet cable? OH MY GOD STOP THAT RIGHT NOW CAT OKAY I AM GETTING THE SQUIRT BOTTLE.

So I spray him with water from the squirt bottle, and he jumps like a foot and attempts to dash away. However, in his attempts at masticating the ethernet cable, he somehow got himself tangled up in it. And the cable itself was already wrapped around one of the legs of the laptop desk, which tips over... and I just barely catch it.

It slides off the surface of the desk, to my horror, and hits the floor with a loud (and terrifying) bang. Instants after impact, the screen goes black.

I'm convinced, at this point, that I have ruined my computer, my computer which I still have to pay off, and the phrase 'oh shit' is repeating over and over in my head, mantra-like. I'm terrified that any moment my mom will come in going 'what was that' and she'll see the computer on the floor, lying dead and broken, and she'll never understand that it wasn't my fault at all, it wasn't, and I'll never be trusted with a computer again...

I pick up the laptop, gingerly, as one would pick up a beloved pet or younger sibling that one was certain was near death if not already dead. As I pick it up, a large section of it remains on the ground. I'm practically in tears at this point, knowing that my mother will come in any second now, and how cruel was fate, and GOD DAMMIT CAT.

Then I realize that the impact detached my battery pack, and my computer hadn't been hooked up to power at the time. I click the battery back into place, and switch it on. All is well. Then I remember my mom isn't even home, in fact nobody but me is home, and nobody will ever have to know about it.

Then I go write a silly forum post describing the events of a few seconds like an epic adventure, possibly with unicorns.

*Hugs Katez* This story made my day. And the day is still early for me. Thank you. Glad your laptop is alright. My family has some big cats too. One in particular. I don't think any of them get close to Wills though.

I read this in a british accent and it made it 60x better. By the way, your storys are the best

Katez, would I seem like a bleeding heart, animal-rights-activist-type, crazy cat lady if I said that I'm glad it was the laptop and not the cat?

Because I'm really glad it was the laptop, despite the horrible trauma it might have brought you if the outcome had been less non-broken.

Haha, not at all. That's a far more reasonable thing to think, lol. And as to being a crazy cat lady type, you're not the one with 18 cats... or are you?

I should take pictures of our kittens and post them on deviantART and sell prints and make a million dollars.

well, we have 5 new kittens, which ups the number quite a bit.

Would I seem crazy if I thought the opposite? I don't like cats. Never had, I prefer my pets on the canine side, or reptilian. Just not a cat.

oh ho ho you should see what my dog does, let's just say that i end up like this
PS: my dogs an evil bastard.

Not sure if anyone else knows, but there is a lady running for congress in CT who's qualifications involve being the CEO of WWF. But the funny part is she's a republican. And she kicks guys in the balls for a living.

Ive seen this lady. Colbert ripped on her pretty bad.

"How does it feel that a key moment in your job history, is a wrestler calling you a slut in front of your daughter?" or something like that. Priceless

66000th post in off topic, right here.

I'm going to celebrate it with awesome.

EDIT: 1273642672469.jpg 69 KB

66k.jpg 6 KB

Total Attachments Allowed: 3

You have 0 KB of attachment space remaining

Right on the money.

1273642672469.jpg

66k.jpg

1273642672469.jpg.e8ea8a6295b6339f20efc0

66k.jpg.9c7f64d69ef2ef5da464f9267c4f795f

They need to find a cure for the common cold already, im tired of being sick but not to the point where i have to stay home.

Microbiology Geek is Raging!!!!!

yes im back... but i cant garuntee how long... football consumes my life from the beginning of aug til the end of nov. so ill be in and out til then.

but ill try my best to keep visiting.

"How does it feel that a key moment in your job history, is a wrestler calling you a slut in front of your daughter?" or something like that. Priceless

Do you have a link of that, or have any idea when the episode was? I really want to see it.

Do you have a link of that, or have any idea when the episode was? I really want to see it.

They dont update the clips until a week later, so ill definitely have it up by next week

you know what i just realized today at school? i AM a good person... im friggen amazed i can think, let alone, say that. the very thought just gives me chills..

you know what i just realized today at school? i AM a good person... im friggen amazed i can think, let alone, say that. the very thought just gives me chills..
how so? is it hard to be a good person? explain.

how so? is it hard to be a good person? explain.
it is not hard to be a good person, there are many good people, but there are so many UN-good people, and today i realized that im not one of those people, im nicer,kinder, and good hearted then i imagined i was.........

EDIT: of course i can still be a lil bastard on the internet but you know......