Everybody get random!

this is what i do when i'm bored...

On 9/29/2010 8:58 PM, you wrote:

>>

>> I am a representative from the Double Fine Action Forums Office of

>> Recruitment and Retention. It has come to our attention that you have

>> abandoned thread 3288-"It's a party!". Abandonment of a designated party

>> and/or recreation thread is grounds for account termination. Please visit

>> http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/3288/'>http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/3288/ immediately and reply to

>> thread in order to prevent account termination.

>>

>> Thank you for your cooperation,

>> Steven K. Hotz

>>

>> This message was sent to you through your account at:

>> http://www.doublefine.com/

>> If you do not wish to receive further emails you can disable this

>> preference in your member profile page.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Lola Belle Lane < @gmail.com> wrote:

> Feel free to terminate my account as I no longer visit and do not plan on

> visiting again in the future.

>

> Thank you for the notification.

>

On 9/29/2010 9:59 PM, you wrote:

wow, nobody's ever said that before. usually they ignore it or come

back and make a couple awkward posts and then leave again. high five

for telling it to me straight, though, i guess.

hot for mod '10: He'll hand-write all your notification e-mails!

In other news, my calculus test went really bad. But I got a 3-day weekend out of it :D

I won't be getting my results any time soon, but let's put it this way: Out of about 40 questions, I could answer maybe 10 of them. Not confidently, I took a stab at some of the less complicated ones and hoped for the best.

The passing mark for calculus here is really low (at least 40% - 8E grade, which is like a D- for you guys). I got about 20% for my last test, which is a huge improvement from 5% but still a long ways away from a passing grade.

If I had a choice, I would never have picked calculus as one of my electives. I don't mind calculus but trying to learn all of it in a span of 2 years plus 9 other subjects is really flipping hard. Doesn't help that my teacher skipped most of the fundamentals.

ouch. what forced you into calculus? parents/university requirements?

if it makes you feel any better, the email sequence above now has a nice, bittersweet ending:

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Lola Belle Lane < @gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the smile this morning! I did not expect a reply either as I

> figured it was an automated notification. But, hey, why lie, I had fun

> while I was there but moved on and do not plan on returning so why make an

> awkward post or two and drag out the inevitable in some silly little game we

> both know the ending to. Wastes both our time.

>

> Thanks again for the smile, hope you have a good day since you started mine

> off pretty good!

did you get your computer within the past 5 or so years? because you could play it now then.

My laptop is crap, and everything else is either much older then five years or runs a duel core which screws up the framerate on any game that hasn't been patched to run on duel core.

Also I'm not paying $45 for a PC game that probably won't run on anything I own when I can wait and spend $15-$20 on a XBLA game that I know will work.

did you get your computer within the past 5 or so years? because you could play it now then.

My laptop is crap, and everything else is either much older then five years or runs a duel core which screws up the framerate on any game that hasn't been patched to run on duel core.

Also I'm not paying $45 for a PC game that probably won't run on anything I own when I can wait and spend $15-$20 on a XBLA game that I know will work.

That is how I feel about all PC gaming.

It's the funny school system here. You can't actually choose your electives, but you're put into a "stream" based on exam results. There's the Pure Science stream, Arts/Languages stream and the Accounting stream. In each stream you have 3 electives which you HAVE to take and can't switch out for anything else.

Once upon a time you could simply add as many other electives as you wanted and do well in those and forget about what you were given, but the BoE decided that makes choosing who gets a government sponsored scholarship too hard, so they limited the amount of subjects you can take to 10. Considering you have 5 basic mandatory subjects (math, English etc) to take plus 3 electives, you don't really have much of a choice now. It was a really dumb move on the BoE's part, considering government scholarships are only for certain courses in certain colleges, which I don't think every student is vying to get into.

So that's why I have to take calculus.

So I've had this song in my head for a couple days straight. It's the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

It's the funny school system here. You can't actually choose your electives, but you're put into a "stream" based on exam results. There's the Pure Science stream, Arts/Languages stream and the Accounting stream. In each stream you have 3 electives which you HAVE to take and can't switch out for anything else.

Once upon a time you could simply add as many other electives as you wanted and do well in those and forget about what you were given, but the BoE decided that makes choosing who gets a government sponsored scholarship too hard, so they limited the amount of subjects you can take to 10. Considering you have 5 basic mandatory subjects (math, English etc) to take plus 3 electives, you don't really have much of a choice now. It was a really dumb move on the BoE's part, considering government scholarships are only for certain courses in certain colleges, which I don't think every student is vying to get into.

I kind of wish I was nudged into taking calculus in high school, because that would have made college a bit simpler. If you feel like you'll never need it, though, I can understand being upset. I'm guessing college is still feasible for you without that scholarship?

I kind of wish I was nudged into taking calculus in high school, because that would have made college a bit simpler. If you feel like you'll never need it, though, I can understand being upset. I'm guessing college is still feasible for you without that scholarship?

I wish calculus was offered at my high school, I was cheated by fucking bureaucracy again.

How would calculus have made college easier for you? I can't think of many fields where calculus could be applied, except theoretical physics or mathematics.

I don't really need calculus since I plan on going into Games Design/Art/Programming for college. And at a private college, too, so even if I wanted a government scholarship I won't be able to get one (BoE awards scholarships only if you agree to take a certain course at a certain college).

Thankfully the college I plan on enrolling in offers scholarships that cover 50-70% of the costs, so I've set my sights on those.

computer science ('programming' may ask for some math background too)

I'm majoring in computer science and I need all the way up to Calc 4.

same here. i was originally planning to major in English but took a really fun intro CS class and decided to switch. i might flip-flop back though since i'm not sure if i care enough about CS to put up with the math and theory classes.

Yeah, and I hate the fact that it seems like everybody else in those classes knows exactly whats going on.

HEY GUYS.

Sorry about dropping off the face of the earth for a few days, I was working on some stuff.

Okay, uh...what happened in my absence?

Comics...school stuff...got Sam a Sam and max 2nd season compilation...went to homecoming...

Thassaboudit.

So I think a pair of Edwardian-style boots I own might actually be period. Meaning, they'd be at least 90 years old, if not more. Maybe I'll post some pictures, probably to the cool stuff thread.

So I think a pair of Edwardian-style boots I own might actually be period. Meaning, they'd be at least 90 years old, if not more. Maybe I'll post some pictures, probably to the cool stuff thread.

Woah, that'd be thuroughly awesome.

ASS MAN! How's Puerto Rico?
It's pretty good. I live on a mountain and I work around the house cleaning the lawns of my family. The only problem is that it's been three months since they've taken the copper out of the internet cables. Plus I bought mass effect and cousin bought mass effect 2, so......... that's good.

Woah, that'd be thuroughly awesome.

[grammar nazi] *thoroughly, and it makes exactly as much sense as saying 'extensively awesome.' while it technically works, it just sounds wrong. I suppose the meaning that makes the best sense for that would be 'awesome through and through.' [/grammar nazi]

You have no idea how awesome it would be for me, being a history buff particularly interested in the Edwardian era. I was mostly interested in the Victorian era for a while, but now I can't think of a single reason why the Edwardian era isn't way more awesome than the Victorian era.