Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

So I think a pair of Edwardian-style boots I own might actually be period. Meaning, they'd be at least 90 years old, if not more. Maybe I'll post some pictures, probably to the cool stuff thread.

Woah, that'd be thuroughly awesome.

[grammar nazi] *thoroughly, and it makes exactly as much sense as saying 'extensively awesome.' while it technically works, it just sounds wrong. I suppose the meaning that makes the best sense for that would be 'awesome through and through.' [/grammar nazi]

You have no idea how awesome it would be for me, being a history buff particularly interested in the Edwardian era. I was mostly interested in the Victorian era for a while, but now I can't think of a single reason why the Edwardian era isn't way more awesome than the Victorian era.

'thoroughly awesome' sounds fine to me. i think it's better compared to saying 'completely awesome'.

So I think a pair of Edwardian-style boots I own might actually be period. Meaning, they'd be at least 90 years old, if not more. Maybe I'll post some pictures, probably to the cool stuff thread.

[grammar nazi] *thoroughly, and it makes exactly as much sense as saying 'extensively awesome.' while it technically works, it just sounds wrong. I suppose the meaning that makes the best sense for that would be 'awesome through and through.' [/grammar nazi]

You have no idea how awesome it would be for me, being a history buff particularly interested in the Edwardian era. I was mostly interested in the Victorian era for a while, but now I can't think of a single reason why the Edwardian era isn't way more awesome than the Victorian era.

Not sure how you do that without worrying you'll hurt someone's feelings.

So, apparently I turned the stopwatch in my phone on a while ago and just found out about it now.

IMG_0012.png

IMG_0012.png.c50335356af6dda7d41a22a3886

Not sure how you do that without worrying you'll hurt someone's feelings.

I usually refrain from correcting peoples' spelling and grammar for that very reason, but I'm fairly confident Miri knows what my deal is. Plus, I thought the tone of that was fairly friendly.

What you need to ask yourself here is: what's more important, the number of times I correct the spelling/grammar of someone I know won't take offense, or the overwhelmingly larger number of times I don't correct someone because I don't want to hurt their feelings?

I spell stuff wrong all the time. I just always go back to edit it. In fact, a second ago, I accidentally spelled 'Sunrise' as 'sunrize' and Word graciously changed it back for me before I had the chance to, leaving me feeling vaguely embarrassed in a way which I can't quite explain. I suspect I wouldn't be feeling this way if I had changed it back myself.

oh, the things scarecrow considers rude...

Why the italics? Is that meant to convey authority on the subject? Because you definitely fill that position.

oh, the things scarecrow considers rude...

(guess what this is meant to convey)

I spell stuff wrong all the time. I just always go back to edit it. In fact, a second ago, I accidentally spelled 'Sunrise' as 'sunrize' and Word graciously changed it back for me before I had the chance to, leaving me feeling vaguely embarrassed in a way which I can't quite explain. I suspect I wouldn't be feeling this way if I had changed it back myself.

Well see that's what I'm saying. I always feel embarrassed when someone corrects my grammar or spelling. My ability to write and do it well is very important to me, so when someone corrects me I take it hard. I'm not saying all people do, a lot of people probably don't even care. It may not seem rude to them, it just does to me because of my feelings on such corrections.

Anyway I'll stop being a wet blanket now and stop trying to correct you for correcting people. %-P

Arguably, leaving a misspelled word in a post is just as embarrassing as being corrected. You can then edit your post to fix the misspelled word and the other person can remove their correction. It need never be mentioned again.

My point with the spell-checker thing was that I knew I'd mis-typed, but it changed it back for me before I could.

Arguably, leaving a misspelled word in a post is just as embarrassing as being corrected. You can then edit your post to fix the misspelled word and the other person can remove their correction. It need never be mentioned again.

My point with the spell-checker thing was that I knew I'd mis-typed, but it changed it back for me before I could.

*Sigh* My point is that is exactly what you are doing to other people. And a misspelled word by itself isn't so embarrassing as having it pointed out to you is. I edit my posts too, when I spot a mistake in my posts I don't feel bad about it, I just fix the problem. Not so when someone else notices before I do and goes out of their way to point it out.

That's what I do too, just edit everything so no one sees it. Though I don't care too much for grammar (I still curse all English majors to death by being eaten alive)

Happy Rocktober, everybody! Wow, it's almost been a year since BL came out!

And what a great Rocktober it is this year :)

I got my first girlfriend, first date to homecoming (well technically I asked her before Rocktober), I have homecoming on the 16th, and I leave for a 2-week trip to Egypt on the 19th!

I got my first girlfriend, first date to homecoming (well technically I asked her before Rocktober), I have homecoming on the 16th, and I leave for a 2-week trip to Egypt on the 19th!

*Flying punches Rai in the face.* It's October! Not Shocktober and not Rocktober and nothing else you can rhyme Ock with. Plain and simple October, always and forever.

*Flying punches Rai in the face.* It's October! Not Shocktober and not Rocktober and nothing else you can rhyme Ock with. Plain and simple October, always and forever.

*Dodges flying punch and pushes Bookdust into a vat of pudding*

Well since Brutal Legend came out on Rocktober last year, and this is the Double Fine Forum, I figured it would still be called Rocktober. %-P