Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Well, Scarecrow's b-day present DID consist of an ms-painted drawing of Red-Haired Ballerina x Modest Christian Girl in a Sweater.

Counting your awesome picture Katez I got three drawings/paintings for my birthday. It's been pretty awesome.

I broke my legs today, except I didn't break the bone, just the muscle. I pretty much tore the muscle apart. I put some aggressively minty muscle rub on it to make it stop hurting for now, but it made my legs reeeeeally cold. Putting an electric blanket over them almost made them worse. Then I rubbed my eye because it was itching, and now my eyelid is all cold. asdfg.

I broke my legs today, except I didn't break the bone, just the muscle. I pretty much tore the muscle apart. I put some aggressively minty muscle rub on it to make it stop hurting for now, but it made my legs reeeeeally cold. Putting an electric blanket over them almost made them worse. Then I rubbed my eye because it was itching, and now my eyelid is all cold. asdfg.

Poor Katez *Hugs*

I am pretty clumsy and careless, as well as being one of those people who just does stupid shit because it seems awesome at the time. (E.G. jumping off a six-foot wall and screwing up the landing. Ahem.) so yeah I get hurt a lot.

i have never broke a bone ever..... though i do tend to be pretty active. I play sports, wrestle, ride bikes. I kinda WANNA break a bone so i can feel what "breaking a bone" feels like, i feel kinda like a pathetic wimp cuz of it :(

Tomorrow is field day at my highschool, which is awesome, but I always have the same dilemna every year. Every year jock A says 'hey Bill, you should play sport W and X so we have people who are good doing both and I'll do sports Y and Z.' My thought process is 'It's field day, and no-one really cares so I'm not going to play sport W so someone who's less athletic or good can play it instead of hanging around doing nothing.' Then Jock A plays W, Y and Z and the unathletic kids still don't do anything. This year I'm a senior so I'm going to be a dick and play more than sport. :coolgrin:

I kinda WANNA break a bone so i can feel what "breaking a bone" feels like

Don't. It hurts a lot.

A broken tailbone is the worst and most inconvenient broken bone I've ever had, and it's absolutely miserable, mostly because there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. You just have to carry around the fluffiest pillow you can find with you all the time in case you ever want to sit down. And you walk sort of crabbly. Because walking hurts like a bitch.

It doesn't even get you out of doing stuff, because when you tell your mom you just want to stay in bed all day because of your broken tailbone she just doesn't get it. So, she makes you go to school anyway. And nobody understands why you're being so assy about everything. No pun intended.

Lesson here: learn to rollerskate with a pillow strapped to your bum. I'm not talking about inline skates here, I'm talking about derby skates. The kind that make you fall over backwards when you stand up the first time. (And the second time, and the third time, and so on, until you A: ask your friend to help you or B: find a walking stick.)

I kinda WANNA break a bone so i can feel what "breaking a bone" feels like

Don't. It hurts a lot.

A broken tailbone is the worst and most inconvenient broken bone I've ever had, and it's absolutely miserable, mostly because there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. You just have to carry around the fluffiest pillow you can find with you all the time in case you ever want to sit down. And you walk sort of crabbly. Because walking hurts like a bitch.

It doesn't even get you out of doing stuff, because when you tell your mom you just want to stay in bed all day because of your broken tailbone she just doesn't get it. So, she makes you go to school anyway. And nobody understands why you're being so assy about everything. No pun intended.

Lesson here: learn to rollerskate with a pillow strapped to your bum. I'm not talking about inline skates here, I'm talking about derby skates. The kind that make you fall over backwards when you stand up the first time. (And the second time, and the third time, and so on, until you A: ask your friend to help you or B: find a walking stick.)

hmm... maybe i dont want a broken bone, lol

That sounds like it sucks, katez. I never broke a bone because I can has milk! The worst actively acquired injuries I've had were tendonitis and a concussion. It's a little different, but I've also had lung problems, more do to the inky, stinky, funky green shit than anything else, though it has happened at basketball practice.

I had a concussion once too. Actually, several times, but the worst and the reason I have vision problems now is because when I was nine, I was climbing a metal ladder when my foot slipped and I went sliding between the rungs and hit the back of my head on one of them, really hard. That's also the only time I've blacked out for more than a second. I had double vision for a couple days.

Yeesh, that sucks Katez. I'm pretty sure anyone would tell you it's not a good idea to be walking around with a broken/torn anything. And really, something that serious would warrant a doctor's note or something. What I'm saying is, you shouldn't be going to school like that. A few days off from school is better than stuff healing all wonky.

if/when i get hit by a bus or stop using this forum, will people remember me? what will be my legacy? i have decided that before i go, i must establish the Steven K. Hotz Sticky Thread/Institute for the Promotion of Good Threadmaking. somebody do it for me if i am not able to.

Is this turning into the thread of terrible illness? Don't we have one of those already?

My knee exploded in high school gym. I turned right to catch a volley ball and my left foot stayed pointing forward. Three months off school and surgery by one of the best joint men on the East Coast. That was before arthroscopic, with the tubes, so I have a scar from the top of my thigh down to the side of my calf. I still got A's in Trig and Geometry because I had a wonderful tutor.

Then, a few years later, a car pulled out of a blind spot in front of my motorcycle and I somersaulted over the top of the car and landed on my head on the pavement. One of my boots was found on the roof of a building. I was in traction for two months. Ever lay in bed without getting up for one single second for two months? Not feel your feet on the floor for months? That's psychedelic after a while. All I did was read novels and the Wall Street Journal and watch cartoons. There was a nurse who kind of caught my eye, and she even blurted out that I could come live with her when I was talking about trying to go to college again after getting healed up. It's good my self preservation instinct kicked in.

Then there's the herniated disc in my neck after being caught in the middle of a three way car accident. I came around a blind curve on a blindingly sunny day and hit a car waiting to make a left turn. I was left thus for a few seconds leaning forward away from my seat. Then, I hear behind me the same screech of tires that my car just made, panic braking. Wham. My head snaps back. But, talking with the cop, all I felt was a little tickle between my shoulder blades. Nothing to worry about. The next morning, when I woke up, I could not get up. The pain was beyond what I can describe in mixed company under eighteen. I had to roll out of bed and call in sick, and walk slowly to the doctor a fortunate two blocks away.

Never, never, never stop being careful. Don't avoid taking chances, life is boring without them, just don't take stupid chances. And you'll know what stupid is. Your body is like a smart dog that tells you ahead of time Don't do that Master! Just listen and think.

Katez, respect your own being. The world is out to hurt you. Don't give it any help. And wash your hands after using icy-hot. As a man, I can't emphasize that enough from experience.

game_fanitic, you're on the interwebs. You will be remembered until the Sun explodes. It's just, in a few thousand years, probably the only ones reading the interwebs will be raccoons and octopi.

No way in hell I'm getting to school on time today unless my bro gets off his ass and drives me...

Yeesh, that sucks Katez. I'm pretty sure anyone would tell you it's not a good idea to be walking around with a broken/torn anything. And really, something that serious would warrant a doctor's note or something. What I'm saying is, you shouldn't be going to school like that. A few days off from school is better than stuff healing all wonky.

Did you not read the part where I said 'there's nothing anyone can do about it?' meaning, when I went to the hospital they prescribed me some pain medication (of the same strength that you can get over-the-counter), said 'welp, there's nothing more we can do for you! Sorry' and sent me home with a huge bill for doing absolutely jack diddly.

Okay, there's no way in hell I'm getting to school on time today. Period.

Damn you DFAF!

We'll that triple-sucks then, Katez. The getting your leg/tailbone torn/broken and then not getting much done about it and then not getting to school on time.

And yeah, you are homeschooled, right? The last time you mentioned you said you were but had one class at school.

Is this turning into the thread of terrible illness? Don't we have one of those already?

BAM.

i thought you were homeschooled

I have one class at a public school. That way my social life doesn't totally shrivel up and die.

Well I guess I won't be getting BL after all. And that means its time to find another use for these savings.

Any suggestions?

It's been 7 hours since the last post, and even the spammers aren't lurking. Where is everyone? DFAF isn't exactly the most lively forum out there, but there's usually at least a few people sticking around.